Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 04:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/164/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: -71%
Default WW Core

Has anyone tried the Weight Watchers Core plan?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 06:19
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I looked at a food list and it includes too many starchy vegetables and fat free things. Usually fat free means that sugar is added for taste.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 10:42
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 218/172/130 Female 66.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Core has quite a few starches that do not score low on the glycemic index, such as couscous. However, some people who do core report good results, others complain it is too limiting and doesnt promote good weight loss. It appears to be a semi low-carb plan which may work for some but not others.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 13:00
Registered Member

Stats: 154/164/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: -71%

It doesn't seem very low carb to me. I thought all that fat free stuff would be loaded with chemicals too.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 16:36

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%

Weight Watchers has never worked that well for me. I'm always hungry. Judy
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-06, 15:10
Registered Member

Plan: Low Glycemic Load
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Core was miserable for me. I now follow Rob Thompson's Glycemic Load Diet with great results.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-23-06, 13:30

I hear good things about that diet, in fact I have a friend that is following it. Judy
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-06, 08:30

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 200/201/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -2%

I've been off and an w.w. for years. I did lose 37 pounds 3 years ago but I couldn't keep it up. I looked at Core and yes
it does have too many fat-free junk on it so if you do it or
if I go back (which I was thinking about) I would just use my
35 flex points for full fat butter, mayo and cheese. and have
the low sugar fruits (melon, berries) and avoid the potatos
carrots and beets That way
it would be healthy low carb.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-06, 07:00

I guess that would be doable, that is the issue I had with weight watchers, was the low fat issue. Because as we know fat is not the enemy. I wish you luck if you choose to follow the program, let us know how it works out for you. Judy
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-09-06, 02:08

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 370/348.5/298 Female 5'9"
BF:plenty of it
Progress: 30%

Both of my aunts went to WW together a few years ago. Needless to say, they didn't keep off their weight.

Now, I just ate a "Smart Ones" Lasagna which had 43 g. total carbs and 5 g. fiber. Not bad, considering I've been wanting lasagna. But, I couldn't eat it everyday either or the carbs would kiss my love handles once more.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 21:03

However, I'm trying the points system right now and it's coming off slowly compared to LC. (Just in case the last post seemed like I was contradicting myself)
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-06, 11:22

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 200/201/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -2%

Tina,
Different plans work for different people. I'm going to check out
w.w. again because the weather is changing and I personlly find
it harder to stick to low carb when it's cold outside. I can very easyily drop weight fast when it's warm outside. So, if I lose slower in the cooler months that's fine with me, as long as I don't gain.

I know some who have lost and kept off many pounds with w.w.
so I'd say give it a shot!

Mel
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-06, 05:28

Stats: 316/238/170 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 53%

I cna't live on that little amount of food LOL...I like to eat! Some do ww quite successfully though, so if you want to give it a try, I say go for it...it might just be the plan for you
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-06, 22:10

Hi,

I know you wrote me about a month ago and I haven't got back to you. However, I haven't been around here much at all lately.
You had written me because I was doing WW Flex Points, but I'm switching back to South Beach Phase II with hope of losing quicker now that I found out I'm expecting a baby again. So here's an update from my journal:

I'm tired today. We finished our fall hiking spree today. One hike was 1.6 miles, and another was 1.0 miles. I was really proud of the kids too. They are in it with me. Here's an update. I'm posting yesterday's post because I'm tired.

Also need more prayers also. My oldest son had EEG and MRI. The EEG was normal; however, the doctor told us Thursday that the MRI isn't. He said there are changes in the grey matter of the left frontal brain lobe. He said it doesn't look like a tumor (Thank you Dear God above) and it doesn't look like Multiple Sclerosis to him either. However, he is going to consult with a radiologist and a brain surgeon about the MRI, to see what they come up with. I'm scared. Please pray for us.

And here's yesterday's post:http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...&postcount=1052

And I would be real happy to write back and forth to you even though I switched plans again.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-06, 09:30

Plan: south beach
Stats: 157/157/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default I'd like to introduce myself to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMama37
Hi,

I know you wrote me about a month ago and I haven't got back to you. However, I haven't been around here much at all lately.
You had written me because I was doing WW Flex Points, but I'm switching back to South Beach Phase II with hope of losing quicker now that I found out I'm expecting a baby again.

Also need more prayers also. My oldest son had EEG and MRI. The EEG was normal; however, the doctor told us Thursday that the MRI isn't. He said there are changes in the grey matter of the left frontal brain lobe. He said it doesn't look like a tumor (Thank you Dear God above) and it doesn't look like Multiple Sclerosis to him either. However, he is going to consult with a radiologist and a brain surgeon about the MRI, to see what they come up with. I'm scared. Please pray for us.

And I would be real happy to write back and forth to you even though I switched plans again.

Hi Tina

You don't know me, I'm pretty new here, but I just read your post and it caught my eye, and touched my heart.Your thread was posted a week ago, so you may not see this. My name is Pam. I'm from WV, where in OH are you? Maybe we're neighbors. It's nice to "meet" you.

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you that your son will be in my prayers. And congratulations on the new baby.

I have just started changing my woe. I wanted to lose a few lbs for my wedding day. Dec 2. I don't have enough time. Anyway, I thought about SB, then thought I would do Atkins induction, but our family has a history of heart disease, so all the fat scares me. (my mom is in the hospital right now after her 5 open heart surgeries in the past 2 years) So I am thinking towards SB again, or maybe just change my way of eating to Good Carbs, Good Fats, and more fiber, and whole grains (no sugar or refined carbs)

I noticed that you said that you changed plans. I was afraid that by changing plans, that I was being too "fickle". But I just want to try to be healthy, even if it means not losing weight as quickly.

Good Luck with the new Baby, and
Your son will be in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless
Pam