Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 08:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72 and low FODMAP
Stats: 291/241/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Daily Accountability Discussion - September

Ok - a new month, and a new thread! Where or where did August go? LOL It is now September! Still plenty of good weather in Sept.

Kit - you can do this. Prepare for your challenge, bring macadamia nuts to munch on, have broth on hand and use that, bring cheese stix, etc. You don't have to eat what they provide, or all of it. Make good choices, veges, protein, etc. You can do this!

CaCO - sorry to hear your mom's health is not good. Praying for you and your family. Check in when you can.

Heidi - are you back?

Ang - how is school going?

I am going to continue to do my best to keep my carbs low this month. Aug was a good month for me, losing 6 lbs for the month and reaching a new low, and the 50 lb loss mark, if only briefly, I am still counting it!

Let's have a great month!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-19, 09:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/228/140 Female 5’8”
BF:
Progress:

Thanks Sosumi!

CaCo3 - I hope you feel strong and hopeful in caring for your mom and hoping she gets strong and stable soon. I just hope for the best for you both. I’ve been my mom’s (and dad’s) caregiver and understand how tough it is. I’m glad she has you to help her.

9/1 - 229.0
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-19, 09:23
Registered Member

BF:

Yesterday I had lunch with out of town family. I had a Cesar salad with grilled chicken and ranch dressing. There were only a few croutons and I ate them. For dinner, I got carry out from a steak place, and only ate half of my order, ribeye, baked sweet potato, and broccoli.

Going to try to do some projects around the house today. So glad I have today off!

01-Sep-19 242.5 -
02-Sep-19 242.0 (0.5)
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-19, 15:29
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

9/1 - 229.0
9/2 - 229.0

I appear to be stuck. Went on an intense (for me) bike ride yesterday. Was hoping I burned off some pounds. Probably had too many chicken wings for dinner last night though.

Sosumi - You're doing great!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-19, 20:24
Registered Member

Plan: keto/low carb
Stats: 306/272/195 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

8/29 was the last day in August I weighed.

8/1 289.2
8/29 294.1
9/1 DNW
9/2 293.9

Today was my first day back to eating right.
August was not a good month for me. Starting school has been tough. New school. New grade-level. New subjects. New kids.
I was teaching 6th grade math, 6 class a day, all advanced/high kids. About 170 students total.
Now I'm teaching 5th grade math, science and social studies, 2 classes a day, low-level and special ed. kids. About 43 students total.
TOTALLY different ball game.

I'm challenged and love that part. Its just SO MUCH TO DO! Once I get rolling it will be fine.
We have 4 teachers total in our 5th grade pod. I swap with a young, first year teacher. He's fantastic! He's teaching the English/Reading part and I'm doing the Math/Science part. There is another two teachers that do the same as we do. I'm doing the Science plans right now and the other math/science teacher is doing the math plans. It took me about 5 hours today to plan two weeks of science plans. My daily schedule is really nice. School starts at 7:20. I teach until 12:30. Then lunch, recess, and then the kids go to special classes (fine arts or PE). Then they come back and go home! Nice!

My foot has been bad. If you may recall, I have a spur that causes some intense tendonitis. It burns! Wednesday I could barely walk. I am wearing a medical boot all day. I thought I would have to take off work Thursday but ibuprofen and staying off it most of the morning helped enough. My next podiatrist appointment is in 2 weeks.

I hope to have some time to read though and catch up some Wednesday. Tuesday is church so I'll likely miss yall tomorrow.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-19, 20:30
Registered Member

BF:

Anyone on here in Florida?
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 05:55
Registered Member

BF:

Kit - good on you for being active!

Ang! - good to see you posting! Sounds like you are super, super busy! Hope it settles down soon and you get in a good rhythm.

CaCO - praying for your mom. Check in when you can.

Heidi - are you back in town? I imagine you are swamped with laundry!

Anyone else out there, reading? Come on in and join us!

Yesterday was a good day. Didn't get any housework done, went to our property instead. It was an enjoyable afternoon/evening. I had a piece of breaded chicken for dinner. Only 13 carbs for the day, but must have been the wrong kind!

01-Sep-19 242.5 -
02-Sep-19 242.0 (0.5)
03-Sep-19 242.5 -
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 08:57
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

9/1 - 229.0
9/2 - 229.0
9/3 - 229.0

Welcome back Ang!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 20:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Inductionish
Stats: 320/226/190 Female 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I haven’t been weighing or reading much, my inboxes are overflowing. Mom finally agreed to go to the hospital yesterday. She can’t keep her oxygen levels decent if she is even at rest. Today they said her lungs are half full of fluid but they don’t know why. She has diarrhea about 5 times a day but is on fluid restriction due to the fluid in her lungs. I feel we are on a slippery slope here. She’s going for a right heart catheter tomorrow so they can try and figure out what the heck her lungs and heart are doing. I’ll report back when I can.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 06:13
Registered Member

BF:

CaCO - gosh, sorry to hear your mom is so ill. must be so stressful and heartbreaking.

quick post and run

01-Sep-19 242.5 -
02-Sep-19 242.0 (0.5)
03-Sep-19 242.5 -
04-Sep-19 242.0 (0.5)
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 08:57
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

CaCO3 - I’m so sorry. Your poor mom. That sounds miserable.

9/1 - 229.0
9/2 - 229.0
9/3 - 229.0
9/4 - 229.0

Hard to imagine scale not budging even .2 for 4 days. I don’t remember that ever happening to me before. I’m going to have to lower my carb limit and stick to it to see if it helps. I do know I’m feeling pretty anxious about some upcoming commitments and that never helps.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 05:44
Registered Member

BF:

CaCO - thinking of you and your family with love.

Kit - oh hang on, you may be in for a whoosh! I am eating about 35 net carbs per day right now and feeling good. You can find the target zone that works best for you. More ideas for your upcoming commitment, have these available so you aren't stuck eating what is provided:
* those packets of tuna
* Atkins shakes
* cheese sticks
* macadamia nuts
* package of ready to eat bacon
* cooked hot dogs with a bit of mustard

Ang - hope your week is going well

Heidi - are you here? We would love to hear about your trip.

i had a busy day yesterday, but something exciting happened. I've been increasingly frustrated with my hair. It is naturally curly (loose, beachy waves) but I am fully grey and have been coloring my hair myself for the last 15 yrs or so with a beautiful firey red.

I got tired of the red and wanted to go back to my natural medium brown/auburn. I used a brown to cover up the red and it made my hair so super dark, way too dark!

Two months ago, I had had it and I connected with a hairdresser 2 miles from home and set up an appt with her for professional color. She asked me to come in at that time so she could see and feel my hair and discuss what I wanted. I've never had professional color.

My appt was finally yesterday! She did a fantastic job! It will take us several months to get back to my natural color, but for now, it is fantastic! She did not want to further damage my hair by stripping the current dark color, so she blended with the existing color and got rid of my grey. She added some very natural highlights (I hate it when women have stripes of highlights) and put in lots of long layers to allow my natural curl/wave to give me lots of life and volume. I just love it! So fun! DH loves it too!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 05:47
Registered Member

BF:

Oops - forgot to post my weight! Back to 50 lbs gone! Woohoo, onward and downward.

01-Sep-19 242.5 -
02-Sep-19 242.0 (0.5)
03-Sep-19 242.5 -
04-Sep-19 242.0 (0.5)
05-Sep-19 241.0 (1.5)
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 19:38
Registered Member

BF:

Caco I'll keep your mom in my prayers.

Busy...that's an understatement. The earliest I've left work since school started is 5:30. School ends at 2:40. I gotta get a groove and it will get better. Right now my biggest challenge at work is schedule and structure. The kids are good kids but they are kids. They are taking advantage of my lack of structure. But since its all so new to me I'm reorganizing constantly and realizing a better way of doing this or that. But I'll get it. Right now I'm trying to focus on being positive and building relationships with the kids.

9/1 293.9
9/2 293.9
9/3 290.8
9/4 290.1
9/5 288.4

It comes off so fast at first...
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-19, 06:15
Registered Member

BF:

Ang - looking good!

Kit - are you in the middle of your challenge with work?

CaCO - still praying for you and your family!

My weight is not budging; just bouncing back and forth. I was super low carb yesterday, only 11 carbs, so it will fall off soon.

Had this great boneless turkey breast in the freezer and cooked it last night. https://www.jennieo.com/products/11...s-turkey-breast

It was very good! It is already seasoned and in a cooking bag. Lined a baking pan with foil and put it in the oven as soon as I got home from work and in just over 1 1/2 hrs later, we were eating dinner and I didn't need to do much. I will have to get more of these! (The gravy packet was terrible, too salty. We like plain turkey anyway!)

01-Sep-19 242.5 -
02-Sep-19 242.0 (0.5)
03-Sep-19 242.5 -
04-Sep-19 242.0 (0.5)
05-Sep-19 241.0 (1.5)
06-Sep-19 242.0 (0.5)