Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-19, 15:06

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

What kind of eggs were they eating - egg mcmuffins and syrupy-sweet eggnog?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-19, 16:41

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Eggggs-actly!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-19, 22:11
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Long ago I fuzzily recall reading some info on the process for some of these studies.

First there's the questionnaire about what someone ate for a whole month or even year. To me that's satire.

Then there's the categorization. For example, meats are considered high fat, and by the way so are donuts and desserts. Anything that puts these in the same category as if amino acids and sugar don't matter is imo more satire.

Then there's the assumption. E.g. if you eat a lot of baked goods (sugars and/or grains), you're eating a lot of eggs because there's usually an egg in those somewhere.

There's a book called "Doctoring Data" by Malcolm Kendrick. It is deliberately written to the layman, and has his brand of humor. It's really a good read though, and gives insight into a variety of studies and claims. By the time I was done I realized that you pretty much can't believe anything at this point, unless you either have some experience knowing what to look for, or follow some person who blogs and who does, and will walk through it.

(I have it on kindle, and I can loan it for 14 days (to one person only). Anybody who wants to read it and not $buy it I'm happy to do that. Note that you don't need kindle only an amazon account, you can read it in a browser as well. First to request send me DM. :-))

PJ