Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Food Groups
Do you have groups of food that are your mainstays, and then foods in the eat-less-often categories?
My primary foods are ones I prefer, as well as being choices that cause the least amount of unpleasant symptoms.
- Organic, grass-fed beef (muscle meat, brains, and organs), marrow, bone broths, gelatin
- Organic, chicken and turkey. Chicken livers, too. Chicken bones in the pressure cooker get soft enough to eat.
- Wild fish (No radiated fish, please.) Sardines and salmon provide skin and bones, too.
- Grass-fed butter, clarified butter, tallow, and cream
- Homemade yoghurt, from hh or hh/hwc.
- Soy-free egg yolks
Vegetables are a challenge. No nightshades, low FODMAPs, low salicylate, low goitrogen, no fungi.
Currently: green beans, okra, and green peas are in the rotation.
Other: tea, salt and potassium salt, white and malt vinegars, black pepper
Secondary Foods: avocado, zucchini, celery root, spinach, artichoke hearts, green onions, vanilla extract
Tertiary Foods: carob powder, olives, toasted sesame seed oil, whole leaf stevia extract, brassica greens, onion powder, Virgil's Zero root beer (stevia only, no benzoates).
I've probably forgotten some things, but that gives a good idea.
What about you? How do you categorize your food choices?
Last edited by SilverEm : Thu, Apr-19-18 at 05:40.