Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 15:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default New and seeking advice

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum, not necessarily new to LCing. I am in my second month (this time). I plan to keep this for the rest of my life. It is the only plan that works and makes you feel good at the same time.

I am also a diabetic type 2. I have been struggling with the weight loss part, mostly because of the meds the doctor put me on. I have finally lost about 8 pounds in the last couple of weeks. I started induction over again and really listened to the water part. I am excited now about the losing part. The doctor and I believe that if i could get down to at least 160, I could be off meds entirely. That is my goal.

I am off to read more posts, just wanted to introduce myself and see if there are others who share my own strange struggles.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 16:35
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there spellbound, welcome!

Well done on losing the 8 pounds! That's a great start.

You may well be able to get off your diabetic meds. Many folk here have been able to do just that.

How about starting a journal here? It's a great way for people to "visit" with words of encouragement and support.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 20:33
Registered Member

Stats: 200/186/160 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Rosebud,

Thanks for the encouragement. I need to hear that once and a while.

I will look at the journal. I have been using the one in Atkins site, but I just don't think it is complete enough.

Thanks again,