Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 12:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/147/130
BF:
Progress: 15%
Smile seeking ketosis advice during induction

I am a new member and now understand how to post! This site is great and I would appreciate any help!! I have been on the induction phase and wonder about not eating exactly by the recommended list of foods--I am still registering purple on the ketosos stick each time I check it. ?????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 13:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/142/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Your question is not really clear.... Are you saying you have been eating foods not listed in the plan and are still registering purple?

If you are not in ketosis yet are dehydrated (not taking in the right amount of water per day) you will show purple.

Glad to have you aboard, re-write you question so we can understand you concern more clearly.

Bamalady74
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 14:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

When are you checking? I've noticed that if I check first thing in the morning, mine registers trace to small, and if I check a few hours after I've eaten, it will be purple. I was told that it was because it's registering the fat that I've consumed with my meals. I've decided that checking first thing in the morning is the most accurate measure for me.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 20:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/147/130
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks for responding! Sorry my question was unclear. I am still in the induction phase, but I ate some peanuts last night and some low sugar jam today. However, regardless of the time of day that I check for ketosis--it is still registering purple (it has been that way for about 6 days without a color change). Does this mean although I ate foods not allowed during induction that I can till effectively lose weight??