Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-19, 07:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

leave tomorrow for a trip
fast one, home Wednesday for new years fun time

bringing cooler with some deli meats, cheese, beef sticks and more cause there is a mini frig in the hotel room. I need to make sure I have food! I will be prepared LOL

I hope to hit an 'all you can eat' seafood buffet. Eat a ton of crab if lucky. Not sure how this trip will be planned out....good restaurant to suit me or a fast stop at a more crappy carnivore selection for me kinda thing.

Sometimes they want burgers and such and I hate ordering a naked burger at most places. dry, nasty, not my burgers from home LOL and I am so unsatisfied eating this way in restaurants. So will see how this goes down but I won't be going off plan ever! A few drinks, yea, maybe but no off plan food! So bringing food for me as back up and then gonna try hard to find a few good restaurants for me to feed me carnivore in good style without paying a fortune to do just that.

I mean bacon out, right? Like $3 for a 'side' of 2-3 slices of bacon. WTH? yea I get it, profit and all but I can eat a 1/2 lb. to a lb. of bacon in a flash, imagine that cost then HAHA

I will SO MISS my rv on this trip. Hate hotels. Fast trip tho and family wanted hotel so without my kitchen in the rv I am always at the mercy of restaurants and I just despise that.

oh well...will make due with it all for this fast trip!

If not back will say HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL CARNIVORES!
New Year coming and a lot of new steaks to eat!!
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-19, 07:50

BF:

on my short trip to the beach

finding food is tough. stinks. so far the places we hit are unfriendly mostly to me LOL

I truly can't wait to get home tomorrow and fry up the biggest damn ribeye I can and hoover it down.

so just nibbling my way thru it all here and when home I will eat like a queen tomorrow.

I despise restaurants anymore. I want my food exactly how I want it, when I want it, at a much lower cost HAHA and be in my food zone for me. Eating out puts me way out of how I desire to roll. ugh

it's cool. I will survive til tomorrow evening when my meat comes back to me on my terms

Happy New Year to all
  #153   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 15:39

BF:

So home and made the trip 1000% carnivore with the exception of some liquor.

a bite only or 2 of this or that rarely.

home and I am alive and well and functioning and awake and more.

the hubby and kid. Sleeping like the friggin' dead.

I know it is the food they ingest. I should 'be them' thru a carb coma but I am not.

I see it as clear as daylight LOL

just an observance I see and feel and know. Yet they won't or have no clue on any of it. Kid I can give a minor pass even tho she has LC info her whole life and does good....hubby no pass in that he knows when he does LC he is better yet he won't walk this path.

ugh to it all in a way cause I do me and I see me as vibrant all the time and I easily watch the comas the others in the family experience.

truth, darn right it is from this point of view

just a rant on food in our lives!!
  #154   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-20, 08:19

BF:

Carnivore new year

Only thing I am doing is eating on plan. 1000% carnivore.

Just chill thru it all and lose some good lbs. and enjoy the hell out of my meats and seafood!!

Yup, keeping this new year simple and easy and painless.

Just do it. Just do my plan and let the great results happen.
Sounds good to me

ribeye and snow crab legs is my day of eating. yum LOL
time to eat up some of my low priced sale items I have in the freezer
  #155   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-20, 12:50

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:

Happy New Year You Crazy Carnivores! Over Christmas I had a little bit of low carb cheesecake - what a mistake! I got an almost immediate headache and that night my stomach started to make weirdly loud digestive noises. Obviously not good for me.

Karen - I find that when I have to eat fast food, the way to go is try to get the family to stop at one that serves all day breakfast (like McDonald's). The bacon egg and cheese biscuits are usually ok. The bacon isn't always stellar, but it's still a step up from the flat tasteless burgers. Just leave the biscuits and eat the insides. I've also heard from a keto friend that the Wendy's bacon-ator is actually pretty good, but I've never tried it.
  #156   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-20, 07:41

BF:

ohhh, Tess sorry that cheesecake made ya so bad. It sure shows when we eliminate and add back some stuff, how bad it can mess with us. Now ya know on that one

Thanks. I agree that the breakfast foods seem so much better than the 'burger' meat from these places. I don't do Wendys much, not a fav of the others in the family. Usually it is Hardees or McDs for us when they want to stop. Neither float my boat HAHA

So happy to be home now and in control of my food. Means so much to me truly!

Love my RV kitchen tho. I can go on any trips for 2 weeks easily and never eat out if I didn't want to. I just grill meat. Use the stove for my foods etc. Just so easy in the RV.....being out to fend for myself in restaurants is horrible now me LOL

but I will continue to just fight thru it when I gotta I guess
  #157   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-20, 06:51

BF:

some things I am seeing for me on zero carb

My eating has changed up. Not good for me.
Thru the holiday I ate different times thru social things, I ate a bit more to keep from eating the crap food to help me thru it all.

I noticed I am more snacky and eating off time.
More hunger in the morning which is not good for me cause if I eat big in the early AM I get more starved at night....but 'not that hungry' to wanna cook a big old steak or big pile of chicken. So I go snacky.

what I call carnivore junk food.
slices of salami. rely on cheese. beef sticks. can of tuna. AND this food will not hold me ever. It never fills me up or will ever give me satisfaction like a steak/pork chops/chicken and more.

SO I see this. I will fix this.

I could eat....yea at 8 am now. But I am not. I am forcing back to eat around 1 in the afternoon and another meal at around 4-5 and then I am done for the day.

I like to 'lump' my food into a time that suits me best. If I do this and I know thru experience doing just this I hold well into evening without troubles. I don't do 'carnivore junk food' and that is how the lbs. were dropping off me SO fast.

Now I am up like 3 lbs. of bloat and by gosh I feel it big time. I lost my empty, thinner, healthy feeling and I miss it.

I want it back and I am going for just that

So I know what to do and I am just gonna do it.

I want the 3 lbs of bloat gone immediately. I want the body to shift into dropping lbs. again effortlessly as it did before (I can only hope on that back half as we all know) LOL

but I got a plan and am taking action.
  #158   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-20, 07:08

BF:

so wanted to eat at like 8 am yesterday and say I was gonna hold out til around 1

yea I made it to 11....haha

which was fine. It is setting me back to where I wanna be

food yesterday was

10 oz ribeye steak
a lot of shrimp with it

can of tuna
2 beef sticks

and now this morning I am hungry again. but will hold off but I see the bad here.

tuna and beef sticks. carnivore junk food again

time to reset it all back to heavy dense good meat. Which means I guess I gotta cook more for me LOL I hate cooking or handling anything food related in the kitchen mostly but I see me not wanting to bother cooking and eating tuna and beef sticks as not a good thing obviously.....so yea me cook now again if needed LOL

today I got ribeye around 1 paired with shrimp again.
love this combo

later if and when hungry I won't default to carnivore junk, I will fry me up 2-3 very thin pork chops with a tad of Cajun seasoning I love. Got them ready to tackle if the food hungers hit. No more 'carnivore snacking' that is unsatisfying to me and leaving me in a hungry zone. Hungry is never a place I want to be. Bad things happen

Prepared....always be prepared LOL

so far so good here and feel fab on carnivore and loving it!
  #159   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 06:56

BF:

I woke up CALM.

CALM about food.

I know this feeling and love it. It keeps me in the zone and stable and very important 'feeling' for me deep inside.

Like I know I am where I need to be.....just let it happen.

I think the holidays made me 'panic and anxious and crazy' a bit as I had to 'fight alot' to not eat crap. And I didn't but when that holiday time is over....I am kinda still in battle mode ya know. Like all tensed up and it is all OVER FOOD that is around me and more. So on high alert. I can't live on 'high alert' all the time LOL it freaks me out a bit in my food issues for sure.

So my 'high alert' feeling has come down. Family crap food is mostly gone from the house now from the holidays. They are not making it 'all about food' anymore and back to eating their regular type foods they love and THAT I CAN handle

but when it is jacked up foods, smells, all about food at every turn to eat this great holiday thing and that holiday dessert and more....ugh....I go panicky for sure.

So I woke up in CALM now. Oh boy I feel it and love it truly.

I woke up NOT hungry. I guess my mind finally caught up with the low food junk around and the focus of 'holiday eats' everywhere and focus on 'holiday dinners' etc. are over. I can calm down now cause it is truly over!!!! The food is not center stage around here finally again HAHA

omg I am so glad that is all over truly!!!

So my calm means my hunger is more controlled as in I ain't fighting head games here.

Calm means no hunger this morning and back to my 'eating timeline' I do best on and not that frantic high alert, fight the damn day food troubles I had around me.

OK...calm and easy I can deal with LOL

I tell ya I know me. I can fight so long. Be on high alert for only so long. It drags me down to a bad place.

but this into Jan. and no monster holidays and food focus means I can be me on my carnivore plan....easy. simple. no hunger signals can come back and hold me there simply....not fighting it all.

Alright, I like that LOL

So today is a ribeye steak later.....later, whenever, only eat it when I do get truly hungry.....pair it up with some shrimp....oh heck yea.

then I am sure I will hold well and only eat something else later if truly hungry.

I found me again. So important!

just chatting out crap I go thru LOL
  #160   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-20, 09:15
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

i've been sucked into early morning eating......
i prefer 1 meal a day, but since my day begins before sunrise, lately..
i'm eating 2 meals.

but still... i feel great.
you happen to see a new thread where they're discovering Carnivore eating, on this forum?
babes...

i have so many miracles that have happened in healing with my body, since going 97% meat diet.. years of miracles.. wait til they start seeing their miracles.. all those new babes looking at Carnivore!
  #161   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-20, 15:43
Registered Member

still going strong... I've increased my meals, because my days start early and i run at full speed..
i'd like to get back down to 1 meal a day.

i did buy more broccoli, today....
now and then, i like to see something else on my plate.
  #162   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 05:21

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
i've been sucked into early morning eating......
i prefer 1 meal a day, but since my day begins before sunrise, lately..
i'm eating 2 meals.

but still... i feel great.
you happen to see a new thread where they're discovering Carnivore eating, on this forum?
babes...

i have so many miracles that have happened in healing with my body, since going 97% meat diet.. years of miracles.. wait til they start seeing their miracles.. all those new babes looking at Carnivore!

no I didn't see a new carnivore thread LOL 'newbies' just 'discovering' it....well that is wild for sure.
I don't wander the forum anymore. I do this thread and another and just don't look past these threads. I can't 'go out there' and read the dieting insanity....I had my share of it long ago HAHA

babes hey they can come here and learn from us old timers

your day is starting before sunrise....hey are you a farmer like me? we always were up with the roosters and out of the house SO early in the morning...do a lot of livestock work and field work before it go hot outside and would melt us!
  #163   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 05:23

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
still going strong... I've increased my meals, because my days start early and i run at full speed..
i'd like to get back down to 1 meal a day.

i did buy more broccoli, today....
now and then, i like to see something else on my plate.

does 1 meal per day suit you best? I am still in love with 2 meals lumped close together. I eat the bigger steak first cause I am hungry but then I end up eating another meal about 4-5 hrs later and done for the day.

I know a lot of people love OMAD....I can't do it. I try but it seems I need more food in my day to thrive than what I can stuff into my tummy in one meal per day LOL

Good thing is I lost another lb tho wee
  #164   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 05:27

BF:

HIP HIP!

Dropped 1 lb.

Thrilled.

I don't get the whoosh or fast lbs. dropped like I could in the old days of just starving my azz down the scale. And I also don't have to experience that misery ever again my life!

but ya know what....I eat so darn well. I eat big. I eat til full and my appetite is controlled and then all of the sudden, my body lets some lbs. go.

I feel so darn well. I 'feel' my wellness. I wish I could explain it in real terms but no one will ever understand this feeling from carnivore ever unless ya do it longer term. All carnivores can relate to each other, but if you don't do this plan, you can't ever know that wild feeling of clarity to the fullest, that well being of your place on this planet. ugh, can't describe it well but it is fantastic.

So another lb gone. Took a bit for this one to come but it is another notch down.

body composition is changing all to the better. the stomach/core area is tightening up. I love it.

so all I do is eat well....hold my course....and the universe fixes me in its own time. Yea I am cool with that
  #165   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 05:53
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Dropped 1 lb.

but ya know what....I eat so darn well. I eat big. I eat til full and my appetite is controlled and then all of the sudden, my body lets some lbs. go.

I feel so darn well. I 'feel' my wellness. I wish I could explain it in real terms but no one will ever understand this feeling from carnivore ever unless ya do it longer term.

so all I do is eat well....hold my course....and the universe fixes me in its own time. Yea I am cool with that
<snippets>

first off: congrats on the pound down.. that's 25 now, right?
awesome work!

i absolutely understand what you're saying about feeling well...
i know what you mean.
i just wrote that in my journal. It's a wellness hard to explain because so many people have "little" aches and pains. I do not.
it's a wonderful feeling of feeling healthy, sane, and calm...
unlike anything experienced with other foods.

yeah.. people are "discovering" eating meat only!
they should read this thread and other Zero Carb threads. we've been around for a good many years....