Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 17:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/148/122
BF:
Progress: 24%
Thumbs up 130

I am new here and I would love to have the support that the 250 thread club has for each other I currently weigh about 152 I havent weighed myself for a couplw of days now, but i just started this low carb way today. I have 22 lbs before i am in the 130s i guess anyways is there anyone out there that wants to be my support buddy. I can return the favor just as well. Thanks.

Valerie
I already think i will stick to this diet i love these boards and the food makes me full. Good luck
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 18:52

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Thumbs up support

Dear Gosnellgrl,
I am no where near your weight. But I just wanted to encourage you in your journey. I know you will feel right at home here. There are lots of people with the same struggles and lots of helpful info. Hello and welcome and I hope to see you 'round here more... Victoria
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 02:50

Plan: combined
Stats: 141/139/130
BF:
Progress: 18%
Thumbs up still looking for a pal?

hi. i am also looking for a buddy. let me know if you are interested still.

christy
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 10:58

Plan: Sommersizing
Stats: 155/155/130
BF:
Progress: 0%

Dear Gosnellgrl,

I am in a similiar situation! I'm around 155 and am aiming to be at 130! I'm very serious about wanting to lose this weight! I've done the low carb diet before and it works for me! Let's buddy up!

Angie
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 11:58

BF:
Talking I would love To Buddy Up

I am so happy to hear from both of you i think it would be great to buddy up. Angie how does that Sommersize diet compare to the atkins I have never heard of it. Angie and Christy and whoever else wants to join me today is my first serious day I weighed myself this morning and i weighed 151 i wont step on the scale agian until next friday how is everyone else doing? Thank you so much for the support talk to you soon.

Your diet buddy,
Valerie
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 13:06

BF:

Good morning to both of you. It is beautiful here today with snow fallling. A relief after a "green" christmas. The reason I am interested in partnering up with someone is to be accountable for my day to day eating, excercise etc.

Today is going to be day one for me starting now.

I will report (at the end of each day) my successes and would like to hear about yours. I am insterested to find out what you are eating. I have not done a low carb plan before but can totally see the reasoning behind it's success. I have read some books on hypoglycemia (which supports this kind of diet).

My weight this a.m. 142 and goal by end of jan 132.

I look forward to hearing how your day went.

Ciao
Christy
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 15:52

BF:

Hello Christy,
My day has been pretty fair so far it is 1.48p.m. here in Las Vegas and i amd happy to hear about the snow you are having I love Snow, of course I live were it never snows. So far today i have had a lettuce wrap from In N Out Burger they are great, finally a fast food resturant that caters to the low carb lifestyle. This weekend iam going to be very stricka nd only drink the 2 atkins shake in the morning and for lunch and then a good dinner. When I first learned about low carbing this is what i was told to do and havent tried it but now since i have some buddies to encourage me and push me along i think i will be fine. Well enough of my rambling on i will talk to you guys later. I just want to be in the 130's soon.

Valerie
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 16:10

BF:
Smile Buddies!

Well... it looks like we've found buddies! It's funny because it seems that this all our first day to start our new diet! I've done the low carb thing before and easily lost weight. But I've always done it to reach a goal weight for a certain event (cruise, wedding). After each event, I would forget about low carb and gain it all back. I'm at my all time high weight and hate it. None of my clothes fit. So I'm ready to really start the low carb way of life. Valerie - I like Sommersizing because I feel like there is more variety. You can have fruits and whole grain breads and pastas but you can't have it with protein or fat. It sounds kind of confusing but it's really easy. I hate eggs so breakfast was really hard for me. So now I have 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with the fat free spray butter. I checked the book out from the public library - that's how I found out about it. I didn't weigh today, but I weighed in yesterday at 155... ugh! Well, good luck to both of you. I'm going to check in every night and let y'all know what I (honestyly) had to eat. Hopefully that will help me stay on track. If I can just get through 2 weeks, I know I will look and feel better and will want to continue to meet my goal! Thanks for the buddy system!

Angie
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 00:29

BF:

day one went quite well. i made really good food choices and felt great all day. I did blow it after dinner with a glass a milk. I thought this was ok but found out it was 12 carbs. i signed on to an awesome site that calculates absolutely everthing - http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp. this is my food for the day. hope it works. I was actually surprised that one piece of gum was 4 carbs. i drank 10 8 oz glasses of water and did a small amount of walking. looking forward to day two. good night all.
christy
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 10:28

BF:

I felt really great about day 1 as well! I'm nervous about day 2 because I'm going to a party tonight. But I'm going to try really hard to make good food choices at the party. Good luck on day 2!

Angie
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 12:26

BF:

good morning to you. I have managed to keep good records of what i have been eating. Friday I ate a total of 33 carbs and sat a total of 41. i really like the fitday.com for keeping records. I find something puzzling that maybe either of you can answer....if turkey meat has virtually little carbs then when does two cups of turkey broth have 11. I made my own with our left over turkey from christmas dinner. wow was i surprised when i pulled it up on fitday. i even picked out the carrots and ate mostly celery in the soup. would love to know the answer. tonight we are going out for dinner so will let you know how that turns out. so far so good. I feel lighter, less tired and generally better. I'll let you know tonight how day three is. bye for now. christy

ps let me know what is on your plates! I am interested to know what you are eating.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 21:49

BF:

Today I did okay... I got up late so I didn't have breakfast. I had chilli for lunch and I really never had any dinner. I felt full (not in a yucky way) most of the day. I did snack on a hand full of pecans and some sugar free jello with a touch of cool whip. But last night I didn't do so well. I went to a get together and had 3 beers and some toffee. Anyone going to any New Year's parties? Are you indulging or not?

Angie
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 13:22

BF:

Good Morning it is monday Morning New Years Eve and I just wanted to say I have no idea on the turkey broth thing? I ate very good yesterday and it payed off i had two atkins shakes one for lunch and one for dinner kind of like a slimfast plan of eating and for dinner around 5:30p.m. I had a doube cheesburger no bun qhich was like a treat after only drinking all day. Well this morning I felt so great i had to see if it had done anything and i had lost 3 lbs so i am on the sam e routine for today. As for you Angie and the beer and toffee thats no big deal just dont let it get you off track. You have to cheat everyonce in awhile so dont feel to bad just remember how you felt after you did it this time and maybe next time it will only be one beer. I do plan on going to a couple of new years plans for one in las vegas the strip is where all the fun is so maybe go there agian or just to a couple of parties what do you guys do for new years any traditions? i dont plan on drinking what I do is stop and buy a bottle of water before i get to a party of where there is going to be beer and i keep it in my hand the whole night that way if someone trys to give me a drink i dont have a hand for it. and plus that way i know my husband will get home safely and my friends if they need it. (another big bonus i can get up in the morning and still enjoy my day with out a headache screaming at me.) Well bye for now been fun chatting I will write agian on wednesday morning.

Love,
Val
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 14:49

BF:

wow three pounds. that is great! No much of a traditin for New Years here. We are having a couple over with their three kids. We have two of our own age 5 and 7. We are going to fondu with steak, chicken, prawns and have another cheese fondu going with vegetables. I think this is an awesome way to keep carbs low. We will crack some nice ice wine and play some games - not naked twister ha ha. Have to wait till I get to 130 lbs. lol.

Last night went to a wonderful restaurant for dinner and was quite proud of myself. Ordered prime rib with extra veggies instead of potato and rice. Only ate the beans and cabbage and left carrots on my plate. Also peeled off the batter on the prawn handed to me. No alcohol and no desert last night.

I received a reply re: the turkey broth question. Because I simmered it only in water and nothing else, the carbs are very limited - my guess under 6 for two cups? Most broths are simmered with onions, carrots etc which add to the carb count.

I have managed to keep the carbs I'm eating under 38 for the last three days. I notice I am not comatose after I eat - even a big meal. Have not lost anything but will ammend what I am eating after the new year to a diet a little lower in fat.

I picked up a book "the secret to low carb success!" "how to get the most of your low carb diet". It is a synopsis of 6 or more low carb plans including Atkins, The Zone etc. It is a pretty good, commence sense book. I am thoroughly enjoying it and highly recommend. I paid $10 Canadian which is about .25 U.S. lol.

Today for Breakfast I had:

4 maple breakfast sausages = 7 carbs
2 scrambled eggs = 2
2 cups of coffee with little cream = 2
4 8 oz. glasses of water

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU BOTH!
Christy
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 17:36

BF:
Default Wow!

Well, it sounds like you two are doing great. Today I had2 cups of coffee with a small amount of non-dairy creamer, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with spray butter. I'm on the Suzanne Sommers plan which allows whole wheat carbs in isolation from fat and protein... I had a large ceasar salad at an Italian rest. It was so delicious that I barely missed the loaf of bread that was sitting on the table! I'm not sure what's on the menu for tonight. We are laying low this year for New Year's Eve. We are having some friends over. I'll be glad when tonight is over so the holidays will officially be over! I am a teacher and am on winter break for the rest of the week. It's so much easier for me to stick to my diet if I'm on my regular schedule. I'm glad we've started checking in with each other. Who needs needs weight watchers when you have e-pals like this?? Thanks for the support!

Happy New Year!
Angie