Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 09:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

Wow cool never seen this thread before, lesbian low carber here. I been doing it since April and am almost there. I cheated big time on Thanksgiving and probably will on Xmas too. I have like 10 pounds to go and they are the hardest to lose. Hope to post here more! Good to see Family!!!

Last edited by Angel66668 : Fri, Dec-05-03 at 09:06.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 09:12

Stats: 343/295/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 26%

Angel, congrats on your success so far! I'm sure after the holiday season you'll be able to get rid of those 10 pounds! Keep up the great work and welcome to the GLBT thread!
  #123   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 11:10
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Hi all. I'm having a real rough week. Can't stay low carb, hours at work are long, and another friend dropped me as a friend due to finding out I'm Bi. Like I have a disease or something ?! Can we have a group hug? Thanks you all!

*Hugs*
  #124   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 11:27
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessara
and another friend dropped me as a friend due to finding out I'm Bi. Like I have a disease or something ?!

Something is wrong with your former friend, not you.

Emily
  #125   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 11:35

Plan: LC
Stats: 266/224/185 Male 72 in
BF:?%/30%/15%
Progress: 52%

I'm sorry Lessara...I think we all know pretty much how that feels. You're in my thoughts...

Last edited by MsDad : Fri, Dec-05-03 at 11:36.
  #126   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 12:45
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Hello my people

Just dropping in to say hello to ‘old friends’ and welcome to Angel, trynosugar, Nancee, happygrrl, komireds and Xena2005.

Lessara
... I'm with MsDad and Emily. Even though you know in your heart of hearts it's his/her problem, it still hurts. I'm sending a big cyber hug from the rainy Pacific Northwest! Take good care of yourself ...

Joni ... Thanks for the stop in my journal Wish we were both going to DC this spring ... We could have had a ‘low-carb and queer’ coalition at the March had we played our cards right!

Take care everyone and have a wonderful weekend!
  #127   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 13:29
Registered Member

Stats: 202/185/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I'm sorry too Lessara. Its such a draining process to build up a friendship only to have it go away especially under this circumstance. Hang in there, find solace in your true friends!
  #128   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 14:01

Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I just wanted to jump in and join the minority of men here. I did a search for pizza in the forums and this thread popped up. I'm craving real pizza.

Last edited by pjo1966 : Fri, Dec-05-03 at 15:05.
  #129   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 14:21
Registered Member

Stats: 202/185/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Pjo1966,
That craving can be sooooo bad.
I have found some frozen LC pizzas in the health stores that isn't bad!! Also there is a Pizza Crust mix (Carbsense Garlic and Herb) that is good too if you want to make your own (I cook it a little longer than it says so it won't be doughy). And if in a pinch, grab one of those low Carb bread slices (i.e. Atkins country white 3Carbs) and slather a low of Carb sauce (i.e. Gia Russa Tomato and Basil (4netCarbs), Moma Thomas marinara (2 netCarbs)) you can find with the mushrooms, cheese and pepperoni in the toaster oven and have at it.
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 14:34
Everyday Sane Psycho

trynosugar, those are great ideas! I make zuccini lasagna when the pizza craving hits. I use pepperoni chopped up in it. Yum! Also There is a oat bran low carb pocket bread, dry as a sandwhich but very good with low carb sause and cheese as a pizza! Again.. yum

Hey Girls? Thanks so much. I only recently came out of the closet so to speak (Got sick of looking at Girls and trying not to be obvious) my parents are still in denial. I have gone on some Bi sites but some stuff is still uncomfortable to me. Thanks for the Hugs, I felt them all the way to here.
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 14:54
Midas in reverse

Stats: 260/231/165 Male 75 inches
BF:~31%/~26%/<17%
Progress: 31%

Not gay, not lesbian, not Bi, just don't have a problem with those who are, in spite of my fairly active LDS lifestyle. I've torqued off more than a few fellow Mormons, and others, when I've said that having worked with mostly non-Mormon men most of my life in blue and white collar jobs, and coming to the conclusion that the majority of American males were generally not worth knowing from a woman's perspective, I found it difficult to understand why the majority of American females were NOT either Lesbian or Bi! Having seen you on the Singles thread, Lessara, I hope you don't mind me posting here.
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 15:42
Everyday Sane Psycho

Azraelle , I will always enjoy your posts no matter what thread you are on I have always admired the way you write. Thank you.
  #133   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 15:53

Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

Hey Lessara hang in there, if your "friends" don't accept you then it's their loss.

It's hard to stay low carb, I find myself getting bored all the time of the foods I can eat. So I look for new recipes and products and it seems to help.

Hang in there!
  #134   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 16:10

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 192.9/187.3/100 Female 59in
BF:30%/30%/20%
Progress: 6%

Hey all! Pilotgal that aloe vera juice sounds great. I will get some this week. There are also alot of other good things about aloe vera juice too.

Research has shown Aloe Vera to be beneficial for a wide variety of conditions:

* Great energy booster.

* Relieves digestive system disorders such as IBS, Candida, Colitis, Acid Indigestion.

* Effective for people suffering from stomach ulcers.

* Supports your Immune System to help you fight infection.

* Helps alleviate a wide range of allergies.

* Soothes and repairs damaged and inflamed tissues.

* Lubricates Joints.

* Helps alleviate rheumatism and arthritis.

Scientists have identified nearly 100 active ingredients within the Aloe Vera plant of which 75 have been found to be active healing compounds. It is the synergy of the chemical constituents that makes the plant such an effective healer.

Aloe Vera juice cleanses and detoxifies the digestive system and this has an influence on other bodily organs and systems. It contains magnesium lactate which appears to lower stomach acidity thus reversing the effects of indigestion and heartburn.

Aloe Vera helps restore balance in the digestive system in several ways:

* it acts as an alkalizing agent,

* it reduces yeast overgrowth that can destroy the normal "friendly" bacteria in the gut,

* it penetrates the walls of the digestive system to remove harmful bacteria.

By restoring balance to the digestive system, restoring the beneficial "friendly" bacteria and reducing inflammation the body is better able to absorb nutrients. This can have a huge impact on a person's overall well-being and help fight many disorders not directly connected with the digestive system. Aloe Vera juice raises energy levels and promotes a sense of well-being.

Cool hey??!

Jyounginer get walking sister! You can do it!
  #135   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 16:26

Plan: Atkins (started Sunday, N
Stats: 230/212/170 Female 64"
BF:HA-HA-HA
Progress: 30%

Yeah I get bored with things very easily so I am always out to find new recipes and new products to use...Just in case anyone is interested I found some taco shells that have 1 Net Carb a piece(4carbs, 3 dietary fiber)which is great since I get a craving for mexican food more than pizza.The brand name of the taco shells "La Tiara", I first got them at a low carb store 12pk box for 2.29 not horrible but I found a 36pk at Albertsons for 2.99 which I stocked up on. They say they are made from real corn and they taste really good...Better than other shells I have purchased that were high in carbs...they are a little thinner than other shells(we are all aiming for thinner right) and they are really crunchy and don't fall apart while eating them...I was buying the taco bell shells and kits but since I started this WOE I changed to these and I am so glad...My G/F like them better also and she doesn't care a thing about losing weight at 5'7" and 122-125lbs...Well I will go for now and stop my rambling.