Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 21:12

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

I've decided, sense I missed yesterdays Upper body workout, that I will do it tomorrow even though tomorrow was suppose to be my day off of w/o. The next day is Lower body, so no harm done and I still get all my w/o's in for the week.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 15:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/212/130 Female 5foot 7 inches
BF:44/38/20
Progress: 20%
Smile Your last post was 4 days ago, where are you??????????????????????????????????????

I was looking to see how you where doing and I see that you have not posted in 4 days. I hope you are still doing your WO you can not quit now you have come so far. Well I hope to hear from you soon. Love ya Lynn
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 18:35

Default Hello Lynn

It has been 3 days... last one was the 9th and today is the 12th. I will be posting tonight. So that will only make 2 days! But anyways... I haven't w/out sense the 9th, but will tonight. I haven't felt very well, but am feeling better... thanks for stopping by and giving me the encouragement! I needed it!
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 22:44

Default Week 4, day 24, Upper and middle...

Ok, I did them! All three sets of Upper and Middle. I am getting stronger. I can actually do that crunch now, the one that is called Knee-Raised Crunch. I can't lift my bottom up very far at all, but it does come up some now! I am going to raise my weights some to. That 2 pounder just doesn't cut it! I am going to do 3, 5 and 8. The middle w/o I am going to leave at 15 reps each for a total of 45. I am not ready to increase them yet. I can barely get the last rep done! So that needs to wait.

P.S. Here I have been in week 4 for 3 days and I was still thinking it was week 3! Where does time go? Now that makes me feel better... almost to start week 5! WOW!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by adnil53 : Mon, Aug-12-02 at 23:50.
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 19:00

Default Week 4, day 25, Lower...

For my lower body workout I do seven twin-sets of exercises for the thigh and hips/buttocks. I do one set of each exercise and then do the next set of the same twin-set, 3 times with a 15 SECOND rest between each twin-set.. That is 14 exercises.
1. Plié squat (pyramid 3,5 & 8 lbs at 12, 10 & 8 reps )
Standing back leg extension (15 reps 3 times )
2. Bugs bunny lunge (pyramid 3,5 & 8 lbs at 12, 10 & 8 reps )HARD
Standing but squeeze (15 reps 3 times )
3. Sissy squat (pyramid 3,5 & 8 lbs at 12, 10 & 8 reps )HARD
Straight-leg kick-up (15 reps 3 times )
4. Leg extension (pyramid 3,5 & 8 lbs at 12, 10 & 8 reps ) HARD
Vertical scissor (15 reps 3 times )HARD
5. Hack squat (pyramid 3,5 & 8 lbs at 12, 10 & 8 reps )
Feather kick-up (15 reps 3 times )
6. Leg curl (15 reps 3 times )
Prone butt lift (15 reps 3 times ) Hard to do properly
7. Lying inner-thigh scissor (15 reps 3 times )
Lying but lift (15 reps 3 times )

Now, I am off to DO these exercises, along with the middle body...while my mommy watches TV in her room and lets me have the living room to myself!

Last edited by adnil53 : Tue, Aug-13-02 at 20:14.
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 20:10

DONE!!!!! Except, I did not do my middle... I am just to wiped! I feel like Jell-o! I don't think I will be doing my middle when I do my lower. My lower takes everything out of me!
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 06:10

Default Start of Week 5, (Yaaaa!) day 28, Lower and middle body...

Haven't been able to get on lately... the board just was loading toooooooooo slow and sometimes wouldn't load at all... but no matter, it is working fine now. Wednesday was my day off of w/o and yesterday [thursday] I didn't do my w/o... but today is my lower again... I will do them, but I have to say, I do not enjoy doing my lower at all! They are HARD!!!!!!! But that just means they need more work than my top, at least that is how I think.

Last edited by adnil53 : Sat, Aug-17-02 at 02:34.
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 08:44

I found a window this morning to do my w/o in, and so took advantage of it! I worked out on an empty stomach and that felt so much better than after I have eaten. I did have a cup of coffee before w/o though. (3/4 regular and 1/4 decaff!) I did 2 sets of each twinset instead of 3. I think I need to give myself a little more time before I advance any further than that. I also did my middle body workout because I missed it yesterday and I felt strong enough to do them. I only did 2 sets of each of those twinsets as well. Tomorrow is back to Upper body and Middle. I have not walked for awhile, but my w/o is aerobic, so that is my aerobic exercise also. Today starts the aerobic Challenge , I beleive.
  #84   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 08:53

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there Linda.....

Just peeking in to see what you are doing for your fitness routines. I'm a little confused though. Are you giving each muscle group at least 48 hours between workouts to recover? This is the time frame that is most often recommended to achieve optimum results, and working them more often can put you in danger of over training.

I've been doing lunges too, but I'm not familiar with your "Bugs Bunny" version. Can you tell me about it?

Good to have you participating in the Fitness Challenge!

Marlaine
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 10:32

Marlaine… Yes, I am giving my body parts 48 hours of rest. This is how Joyce explains it…
Quote:
The split routine is the working of a given number of body parts on workout day one, and a given number of workouts on workout day two, and so on. A routine can be split into two or three workout days. Bottoms Up! Follows the two-day split. The purpose of the split routine is to allow the exercised muscle the required forty-eight hours rest before it is challenged again. The community of athletic experts generally agrees that most muscles need forty-eight hours to recuperate from a workout. If not allowed this amount of rest time, a muscle may become exhausted from over training, and development may be hindered or reversed. ( Abdominal muscles are an exception to this rule.)
The split routine allows you to workout every other day if you choose because you never exercise the same body parts on two consecutive days.
The routine I follow is one she has in her book.

Quote:
The Buggs Bunny Lunge
STANCE:
Stand with feet a natural with apart. Keep your back straight. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing your body, and arms straight down at your sides. Look at a point directly in front of you.
MOVEMENT:
Keeping your left foot in place, and with the toes of your right leg pointed out as far as possible, lunge forward with your right leg about two and a half feet. You will be bending your right knee as you lunge. Flex your left leg and feel the stretch in your lunging leg. Return to start position and repeat the movement until you have competed your set. Repeat set for other leg. Without resting, proceed to the other exercise in this twin-set, the Standing Butt Squeeze.
ALERT:
Keep the toes of your lunging leg pointed out will at first seem a awkward proposition… It is worth the effort because this exercise tightens the inner thigh and places pretty lines of definition in that area.

I have to admit though it is hard to do right at first and I am still working on it! I am looking forward to the challenge.

Last edited by adnil53 : Sat, Aug-17-02 at 10:37.
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 10:42

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by adnil53
I have to admit though it is hard to do right at first and I am still working on it!

Yup.....takes time to master form on all of the exercise, but the sense of satisfaction, not to mention the physical effects, make it well worth it!

BB lunge sounds interesting and I may eventually try it, but for now, I think I'll stick with the plain ole lunges which I have finally mastered!

Thanks for the explanation.

Marlaine
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 18:27

Default Week 5, day 29, Upper and middle body...

Upper and Middle Body DONE! It is amazing how much easier these exercises are getting! I have cut all of them down to just two sets of each twin set. Pyramid with a 3 and 5 pound dumbbells. I think I may try to increase those again at the end of the first six weeks, unless of course, I feel strong enough to up them sooner. It was a good w/o. Funny how after a few minutes all the aches and pains go away! I also found that if I miss a workout... I pay for it so bad! My body aches all over! But if I just keep at them, that pain you get the next 12 to 48 hours, doesn’t seem as bad. And beleive me, by the time I should be doing them again... well I know it is time... I am soooooooo sore!

I thought I had posted the Middle body w/o, but looking back, well I just couldn’t find it. Each of these are done (for now) in sets of two at 15 reps each.
LOWER ABS
Knee-In Crunch
Bent-Knee Leg Raise
UPPER ABS
Crunch
knee-Raised Crunch
SIDE ABS (Obliques)
Oblique Crunch

I enjoy the Upper and Middle Body tremendously, but those Lower Body are killers!
  #88   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-02, 21:52

Default Week 5, day 30, Lower and middle body...

OOPS! I got to talking to my daughter in Ohio and time just got away from me... got offline, so I could do my w/o and it was already almost 9 pm [I have to get up at 5:30am]... so I didn't do my workout! [excuses, excuses!] But I WILL do them in the morning... and the Upper tomorrow night...

*OOPS!* Scratch that! I did them anyway! I'm getting a ride in the morning...

Last edited by adnil53 : Sun, Aug-18-02 at 22:40.
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 11:53

I posted this in the aerobics Challenge, but decided to post it here as well...
Quote:
I definitely show some definition in the upper back and shoulder area! My shoulder bones used to stick out, even though my arms are heavy with fat... now my shoulder bones are covered with a nice layer of muscle, my left being smaller and weaker doesn’t show as much change, but it still is there. My back feels much tighter and less flabby soft. I can definitely SEE and feel a curve of muscle when I make a muscle in my biceps and my triceps are developing muscle, but it is not really noticeable, except that it feels less flabby. My breasts seem to be lifted slightly higher and seem more round then flat and I can see some muscle in the upper chest area as well. My stomach is tighter and doesn’t protrude as much as it did, even though I have not lost any inches there. I feel, but can’t see much improvement in my thighs and butt... but they do FEEL much tighter as does my triceps! I see and feel muscle in my calfs as well.
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 21:51

Default Week 5, day 31, Upper and middle body...

Another w/o done! Woooh, now I am tired once again! I did two sets of each twin set for the upper and middle body...BUT I was real tempted to do another set for the middle body! Now that is progress in my book. I will probably be upping those to 3 sets of each twin set very soon I LIKE the abs routine a lot! and it feels so good to feel the progress I am making. 4 weeks ago I could barely do a crunch! I know I am not perfect at them yet, but I am very much improved! Good workout!