Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 06:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%
Default May 19, 2003

Went to the gym Friday with my dad. I did resistance training, but they didn't have all of the same machines I use. Unfortunately they didn't have a treadmill and only one elliptical machine (which seemed to be in high demand), so I used the bicycle. They had a huge pool that was about double the size at my club (and ours is BIG), but I didn't swim. Didn't want to flaunt my tattoos in front of my dad or at a religious college...lol. Anyway...it was something...but I didn't get a chance to go again until this morning. Great workout this morning lifting wise.

Unfortunately I've started smoking again It has really affected my workouts (cardio), and I'm thinking about getting another prescription for the Wellbutrin because it helped me quit last time. Arrgggg...I can't believe I did this!!!! Stress...that's all I can say!

L
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 07:00

Default May 26, 2003

I've been sticking to my same schedule, although I didn't go either Saturday or Sunday. My gym has holiday hours today, so I don't know if I will make it before 1:00 or not. I hate it when my schedule is messed up...lol.

L
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 07:42

Haven't posted here in a while, so thought I would do it now. Still lifting three days a week, and doing treadmill 3-4 days a week. The heater in the pool broke so I haven't been swimming in a few weeks. As soon as I verify that it has indeed been fixed, I'll start that again. I hate being cold and it is air conditioned at my gym!!! No way I'm getting into 60 degree water...lol.

L
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 05:12

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 154/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: -7%
Default hello Whyspers

Hi Whyspers, how are you doing
(its tigerlily incase you forgot :-)
nice to hear that you are still doing well,

I have only 6.5lbs to reach my goal weight, so I am really excited about that, I have been exercising a lot but lately the Doc adviced me to take it easy for the next couple of weeks, I hope this is not going to delay things.

Take care.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 06:08

Wow, girl! You have done awesome!!!!

I just spent 4 days in NYC and while there was a gym at the hotel we stayed in, I didn't do a darn thing there except sit in the whirlpool. I also spent four days eating everywhere from Jekyll and Hyde to St. Marks Pizzaria...not to mention that little dessert place on Bleeker St...lol. I don't care...I'm right back to it today and so far no ill effects have showed up on the scale.

We went to see Springsteen on Thursday (hubby went Saturday, too) and wow...what a butt that man has! Had the best time!!!! If I only cheat once a year, I'm going to do it in NYC. Then again...living there is what got me started on my weight gain in the first place...then along came pregnancy and that's all she wrote until Dr. A came along.

My hubby, on the other hand...did terrific! He did cheat, but nothing like I did. He had a couple of beers and dessert at one place, but that's about it. I just pigged out. I do have to say that everything didn't taste as good as it used to, except the chili cheese burger at the Slaughtered Lamb. That tasted wonderful and was just like I remembered it!!!

Anyway...great to hear from you and am soooo inspired and impressed with your success.

L
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 07:17

Well, as you can see I haven't posted here in a while. After a respite during our move and the holidays, I'm back at the gym regularly. I actually started a spinning class and love it! (Okay...I hate it, but love it at the same time...lol). I'm back to being very strict with my carb intake...stocked up on my supplements and am going full steam ahead. Soooo...right now I'm doing spinning on Mondays and Wednesdays for 45 minutes and I usually do about 15-20 minutes on the treadmill as a warmup before hand. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, I'm doing treadmill every day and weight training. I think this is going to be a good routine for me now, although I plan to add in swimming for Fridays just to shake things up (as if the spinning isn't shaking things up enough).

L