Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 15:04
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Fitday.com

Hello:

I kept seeing references to Fitday, but didn't know what it was. I ended up doing a search and someone had provided a link to the site.

Is there any way to provide a link to Fitday.com on the main member's webpage, if allowed? I can't believe how good that site is. I've been manually journaling for 2 years now. Wish I'd known about fitday.com. Plus, since the journals can be made public, it would be great for people to view other journals, if permission is granted by the individual. Having said that, I'll be really embarrassed if there is already a link that provided but couldn't find.

BTW, you all do such a great job on this site. I'm sure that you aren't thanked enough for your commitment. I just want you all to know that I sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks,
Wanda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 16:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: Fitday.com

Hello Wanda,

Thanks for the kind words

Quote:
Originally posted by wcollier
Is there any way to provide a link to Fitday.com on the main member's webpage, if allowed?

Yes, you can enter a FitDay link in your web page field, the "www" icon will link to it directly. We have quite a few members who link to their own FitDay profile.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 19:23
Mad Scientist

BF:

Hi Wa'il (I'm sure you are always asked, so I apologize beforehand - is Wa'il your name or a nickname and how do you pronounce it?):

I realized after I posted this thread that I wasn't very clear. I should have asked about adding a link for people browsing the site who have never heard of "fitday" before (like maybe in the Low Carb Tools sections or something?).

That is good advise, though, I will definately add that link as my webpage.

Thanks,
Wanda
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 19:45
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by wcollier
I realized after I posted this thread that I wasn't very clear. I should have asked about adding a link for people browsing the site who have never heard of "fitday" before (like maybe in the Low Carb Tools sections or something?).

Actually, our forum has hundreds of links to fitday, in addition to a sticky thread here on how to use it. In addition, it is quite often recommeded by expert members when giving advice to newbies, to use that tool.

We cannot add them to our low-carb tools page, since that page lists tools that were developed by myself, and it would be quite out of place, since I have nothing to do with them and their tools.

We maybe able to add them to our links page, but many members reported receiving SPAM mail when they register on their site, and other members recommend signing up to their site with fake emails, to avoid SPAM. I was never a member there, but the number of members reporting this made me hesitate about adding them, since I don't want anything on our site to be associated with SPAM.

So for the time being, it's an unofficial recommendation.

You can use the search feature to see further discussions on the topic.

Wa'il
And yes, it is my name And there have been a few discussions on it in the Of-topic area. Hint, search for star trek TNG.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 20:38
Mad Scientist

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
We maybe able to add them to our links page, but many members reported receiving SPAM mail when they register on their site, and other members recommend signing up to their site with fake emails, to avoid SPAM. I was never a member there, but the number of members reporting this made me hesitate about adding them, since I don't want anything on our site to be associated with SPAM.

Yes, you are right. I have a spam-mail account (hotmail)and a regular e-mail account, so I use the spam-mail for inserting my e-mail address on websites.

As for your name, are you teasing me? I searched "star trek" and found one thread referring to your name, but you never explained what it meant. It was a fairly lengthy search list (must be lots of Trekkies out there) so I'll have to search the rest of the threads later. I got the part about Tamarian, but not Wa'il.

Wanda
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 21:05
Forum Founder

No teasing at all, I just don't know what it means.

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 06:37
Mad Scientist

BF:

Okay, I promise I'll stop bugging you about it.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 10:07
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

Hi Wanda. I don't know which browser you're using, but why not bookmark fitday under your favorites? You can also add it right to your toolbar if you're using IE.

About fitday and spam, I use a unique email address from sneakemail.com to see whether or not a website sells my address, and so far, not one piece of mail has ever come to the fitday address. I think they confirmed it when I signed up, but that's it. The never mail me.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 10:25
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

I have never received spam from them either. I think the problem was happening to folks who signed up prior to 2001 .. Fitday went through a lot of changes early that year, new format etc .. I noticed at that time they started having more ad banners on the website, so perhaps they stopped sending email ads around the same time? Just a thought.

The disadvantage to using a phony email is that there's no way for them to send you your password if you ever forget it. You'll have to start up a new account, and lose all your records, weight loss chart, all your custom food lists, nutrient goals etc etc

Doreen
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 10:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/288/197
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default ?? about Fitday

I am having a hard time putting some items in fitday. For example when i cook from scratch sometimes it is hard to figure out just what to put. The other night I took some chicken tenderloins and crushed pork rinds. Dipped them in heavy cream and then rolled in pork rinds. Then took my red hot buffalo wing sauce and tossed them in that. How the heck would i put that in there?
Anyone??
Toodles,
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 11:05
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi Pokey,

There's a thread in the Newbies' Questions forum, titled "Fitday How-to's" .. you'll see it stuck near the top of the threads list, along with Karen's Hot Links. Everything you ever wanted to know about fitday, including entering customized foods, printing charts, setting goals etc etc etc are there in detail.

hth

Doreen
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 19:12
Mad Scientist

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristine
Hi Wanda. I don't know which browser you're using, but why not bookmark fitday under your favorites? You can also add it right to your toolbar if you're using IE.

Hi Kristine:

Ya, I already have it set up on my toolbar. I was making the suggestion so people new to the site would see something about it on the members page (instead of coming upon it accidentally). I didn't realize there was a sticky about it (sorry Tamarian). Sometimes it's hard enough just trying to keep up with all the posts in order to contribute to the forum. I don't know how the forum gurus keep up. I'd also have learned about it sooner if I did the journal (this is where I would insert a "hang my head in shame" icon if there were one) so maybe that's why I've never really come across it.

Fitday.com is such an amazing tool, especially for people new to low carbing. To think I've been writing in a food diary for 2 years and didn't know about fitday.com.

Hi Pokey:

They talked on that thread (that Tamarian linked) about adding a second account to do custom items. That makes lots of sense. For me, I have Mastercook installed on my computer, which is a recipe collection software. Any recipes I have that I regularly use, I add to my software, and it figures out all the nutritional information for me. That way, all I have to do is make a custom item for the entire recipe instead of its components. Plus, it forces me to keep my recipes current.