Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 20:02
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. B with PP supplements
Stats: 275/260/180 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Happy Turtle

I've been losing weight slowly and seem to be stuck, but I don't care. So many of my other health indicators are showing improvement that I'm focusing on that more than the scale. I'm an insulin using type 2 diabetic, and I'm cutting back on the insulin. I think when I can cut the insulin to low doses or none at all (I currently inject 50 units of NPH and 7 units of R each day) that I will start to see weight loss then. In the meantime, my BP, my resting heart rate, my cholesterol, and my triglycerides are all better.

I want to lose weight too, because I think that is key to KEEPING the gains I've made, but I just think it will come after the insulin injections go down. I've cut out 20 units of R so far, and my blood sugars still keep coming down.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 20:50
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

Amen! Sometimes we get so focussed on loss we forget all the non-scale victories in our lives.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-06, 07:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/230/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

That is great that you are able to cut back on the insulin. Awesome.

I have been doing this for 2 years, and it is really slow for me. But I have just begun to add in some serious exercise. So I am hoping that will help things along.

I have noticed that other factors have improved, such as my lower cholesterol, and the way I feel.

I also do not get sick, that is really a great benefit. The 2 times I was sick this year, it was for a day. So I think I am hooked on this way of eating.

Great job, keep going.