Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-05, 12:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/232/140 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Infertility: PCOS and low carb

A little intro....

My husband and I have been trying to conceive an "ours" baby going on three years. I have PCOS and have been on clomid and glucaphage (sp) with no success. I was around 260 att he time. Just before Christmas I stopped taking my glucaphage due to the stomach problems being so bad. While on the glucaphage my cycles were very regular and all, but when I stopped they were back to 40-50 days. I started the Low Carb diet in January and lost 32 pounds!!!! and my cycles are now 24-32 days long!!! so I can tell that the Low Carb is really working....

SO... My question, has anyone gotten pregnant after losing weight and the Low Carb lifestyle?

I really need some success stories....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-05, 14:21

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

There are tons of pregnant Lc'ers on here! Which is wonderful, you might want to do a post and name it Attention all Pregnant Mommies or to a search for preganat posts!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 14:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress:
Default My Miracle is playing at my feet as I type !!

I wasn't a member until I read your note.

I was married the first time in 1984, by then we knew I wasn't going to get pregnant easily, Well to make a long story short, PCOS, Clomid....

October 16, 1985 - I had a beautiful daughter, Jazmine. Fast forward to 1992 New hubby, new life, We wanted to add to our family, back to Clomid, no luck, over and over again, after 4 years of trying we figured we were only meant to have the one child and decided to be happy with what we had.

Then when my Daughter was 17 she blessed us with a Granddaughter,Abigail, she came a little early in her mother's life, but we love her just the same.

My Husband blames (or thanks) our Granddaughter for our Miracle, but I know it was 3 months on the Atkins diet that lead to my becoming pregnant at 39 years old.

I had just lost 30 pounds was looking fine and feeling great, buying new "skinny" clothes, after 3 days of flu-like symptoms, I took a pregnancy test in jest.

It took the majority of my pregnancy for the shock to wear off, but now our little miracle, Desirae, is 9 months old, and the apple of our eyes.

My new motto in life is : Never say Never.

So my answer to you, dear, is Yes, low carb diets + PCOS = Baby !!!!

So keep tying and try not to stress too much, stress seems to slow things down.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 21:19

Plan: atkins/south beach
Stats: 227/219/175 Female 5"1
BF:
Progress: 15%
Thumbs up

I love reading stories like this.....I have been on the IF train for a while. A few months ago I decide to go low carb just for something different. I guess I was just tired of WW....shortly after starting I got my period which doesn't happen to offen on it's own without the help of some kind of med. I gave up on the diet and went back to my old ways and then decided to give it another go again started my period shortly after ...again gave up...now I'm giving it ago one more time and again period after a week on the diet .....I hope I can keep this up so I can see if it would help my entire cycle just gonna need lots of support
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 14:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 244/207/154 Female 163 cm
BF:43%/38%/27%
Progress: 41%

Yep, my last girl is a low carb baby!!
I tried to fall for over a yr, which is very unusual for me, so went to doc, and he did tests, blood/ultrasound, and said I had PCOS.
Said, i will not fall pregnant without fertility treatments. Well, we didnt want that because of the increased risk of multipul pregnancy, so I went on low carb instead. I was pregnant 4 months later, after loosing 28kg, or about 60lb
She was perfect! then grew up to be a 6 yr old brat, Oh, no, I didnt say that
Im so glad I did it. Worked for us, I would recommend it to anyone to try

HUGS
Fiona
P.S will you let us know how you go?