Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-18, 14:55

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi Girls.
still doing good.Going to weigh Friday or Sat. and see.
Went to eye Dr.
doing good there too.
Yesterday made another pot of cabage soup{That has been saving me.and cals.
Tonight thing I will make a bean wrape with veggies on a low carb wrap.
and small salald/
cals were yesterday>550[But it held me and I was good with that. Taking b12and other vitamins too.
Tonight going to get on tredmil and do 3 miles.
And should also use weights.
Or also do ab crushes. 50and do that 2-3days aweek.
I really hope to be back to 123Oct.1st.[3lbs to go and keep working at it.
I boiled eggs also.
Hang in there. It gets better. Just have to say to self.Do I really want this? and if yes>Then u will.
It is a life time of watching and doing. It is those darn slips to the other side of bad foods.
Have a good day both of u.
Hope you feel better Izzy. Mor weight u lose the better it gets. Good foods can heal.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-18, 21:13

BF:

Izzy, Hope you are feeling better. That weight gain could be water weight.In couple days it will be gone.
I went to eye Dr. today doing good. I thought maybe close to catracts But No>Maybe 5 years then get the surgery.
Still doing good on my plan and so far working.
I hope Oct 1st to drop another 3 lbs and get to>123 and keep going.

Lisa<how are you doing. I bet really good. You have the wilpower that is for sure. In fact both of you girls.
Just wanted to say hi and lets keep it up.
  #108   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-18, 10:14

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 235/224/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hello ladies Maral where are you? I hope you are doing good.

Janet- thanks for the kind words. I am feeling a bit better today but my legs still very swollen.

I am glad your eye visit went good. Wow, 3 more lbs for you to reach your Sept goal, I am super happy for you ((hugs))
  #109   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-18, 06:07

BF:

How is everyone doing?

Today is the start of a new month. Let's do our best to stay on track and crush our goals!

Last month I didn't do too well, I actually ended up gaining 2lbs. I need to stay accountable this month and watch everything I eat. My biggest problem are the weekends, it is so hard to stay on track and I always end up over indulging.
  #110   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-18, 13:50

Plan: Southbeach diet
Stats: 425/202/160 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi ladies. How are you both doing. My eating has been terrible die to stress eating. I don't even want to weigh myself. I also stoped working out. Had a lot of stressful carp happen and did a lot of emotional eating the last few weeks. The week before I started my overeating business i had protein shakes and low carb meal at dinner and I had a gain. Got discouraged and then I overate. Then did a bunch of.emotional eating on too many carbs. I am at the biggest loser for three days. Just finished day two. Everything here is very healthy. Lots of veggies, good oils, proteins. Carbs are either in the veggies or they do give you fruit. I am going to start strength training this coming week because that is what my fitness program is lacking. I think my focus is going to be exercise and phase one. i need to make sure I stay on plan with my food and my exercise. The weight will come.off. When I hit phase two I think I will add a small serving of strawberries or blueberries twice a week. Other than that my body does not do well with carbs,even whole grains. I am glad you ladies are keeping this going . Promise to post more!!
  #111   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-18, 16:33

BF:

Hi Girl,
So glad you are back and I know Izzy will be also.
Maral, It is hard and just seems like this weight will not come off.
The scale misses with my head and when I seen even a small gain{And it does happen. I just go and eat every thing I have not been eating. and Then I get mad at self and get back on scale and see a gain{Wonder why?
So far this month is doing good for me. I have a small goal{And I think Izzy is with me-Lose for this month 2-4lbs.
If I lose 2 lbs a month is better then gaining.
Last couple days holding.As also want to eat bad when I get bored or stressed.
That should Not be the reason to over eat.
I just think maybe for us[Or should say me is to try to lose -6-8 lbs before New year.
We all have to pick what road to go on and try to stay on it.
There are so many diets and plans out there. We have to find the right one for us and maybe instead of 1plan it might take 2 plans together.
For me have to get back to Green smoothies and do 2-3 .
I got almond and cashew milk 25 cal for 8 oz.
I also have to get and stay with moving this body and should do weights. Muscle burns fat. As we age we lose muscle.
Today I have soup and 2 rice cakes
and 1 egg
and dinner I just made me 1/2 cottage chesse and 1/2 Navy beans. It was good and im full.
Tonight find something to have as a snack and no more then350 cals.
Maybe a smoothie[Small one.
Take care and u will be fine. As long as you talk and when in need u have Izzy and I to help pull u along.
You have come far girl.
  #112   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-18, 04:38

BF:

Hi Maral, welcome back! Don't beat your self too bad. Everyone does fall out of the healthy wagon at some point and that is ok, the important thing is to hop back on and continue, and that is what you are doing

Do you keep a journal? I am an emotional eater and carb/sugar holic. For me if I restrict my calories too much, my cravings and stress goes higher and if I eat something out of plan I will over eat on it and then I will start binge eating. That is why I keep loosing and gaining the same 10lbs over and over. Be patient, trust yourself, you have come a long way and now it is going to be harder and slower because your body is getting used to it. Maybe is time to change it a bit.

Strength training is good but keep in mind that when you increase your training you also need to make sure you are eating enough for your muscles to recuperate so don't restrict your calories too much. You will need more carbs (in the veggie form of course) and moderate protein and good sleep. Also, at the beginning they will hold liquid so it might look like you will gain a few lbs, but when your body adapts to your new routine, you will lose those lbs (water gain) and much more.
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-18, 09:10

BF:

Muscle burns fat.And as you age you will lose muscle mass and that is Not good.Your body needs. good fats and needs good healthy carbs and it needs good protien. and fiber. And I think You have to watch cals. to.
It does help to write down what u are eating . I do .
The thing we have to stop and reset is Our self and how we think.
But that said. Look at self. and see how how you have came. And the most importion thing is We started and still doing it.
Our bodies go up and down even when we are doing everything right and on track.
Just know you have 2 othrs and more people whom are in the same boat. Now By now. I should have been at my goal weight. But not real far and when i just keep hitting it and reading and doing all I can not only for weight loose. But for health and longer life and help that body do what it should.
I droped 1lb>.slow be good. Now another 2-3 lbs I will really be set.
And when we do make our goals. It will never be done. Still have to work it and watch.
Today starting my green smoothies. and use Matcha tea.Lets
  #114   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-18, 10:40

BF:

Had a small green smoothie.
Plan for today> salad. ~ soup with 1/2 navy beans.
And 2T yogurt dressing.
1/4 Avaco.
Snack 2 boiled eggs.{If cals say Ok.{Or if I really need .
Do 2 miles on tredmil.
  #115   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-18, 11:18

BF:

Hi ladies. Doing okay so far. Cooking some spaghetti squash i got at the farmers market and going to stash in the freezer. Made a egg bake for the week using up some.mushrooms and zucchini that needed to be eaten. I have my breakfast and lunch packed for two days for work. I just have to make snacks. Going to eat the gross low carb meatloaf fiancee made that I stashed in the freezer. Off to the store to get produce and protein shakes. Have a good day everyone!!
  #116   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-18, 11:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetkind
Had a small green smoothie.
Plan for today> salad. ~ soup with 1/2 navy beans.
And 2T yogurt dressing.
1/4 Avaco.
Snack 2 boiled eggs.{If cals say Ok.{Or if I really need .
Do 2 miles on tredmil.

Sounds like a good plan! Keep us posted!! Thank you for the welcome back!!

Last edited by maral427 : Sun, Oct-07-18 at 11:55.
  #117   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-18, 04:34

BF:

Maral, sounds like you are ready for the week! Planning is so hard on me. I buy everything and then I just don't want to cook

My eating this past week was out of control. Dh, was on vacation and we were out pretty much everyday running errands. I ate so much out that my sugar and carb cravings were all over the place. On the weekend we celebrated my son's b-day. I ate a big piece of cake which makes me upset because I don't like cake but I was craving sweets and just gave in.

This week I want to clean my eating and hopefully I will be able to stay on plan. I am feeling tired all the time again and allergies are hitting me hard. I know this has to do with my poor eating choices so I need to take control of my eating and stick to it.

Hope both of you ladies have a great Monday!

Last edited by izzyfit : Mon, Oct-08-18 at 04:43.
  #118   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-18, 13:50

BF:

Hi girls.
Hope you both are doing well.
I had more calaries then I should have yesterday.
Today so far good.
Been looking at recipes on toful and brownies made with black beans.< I want to try that one.
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-18, 18:12

BF:

Hi Janet and izzy,
Just quickly checking in!! Doing ok and on track. Glad to see you guys posting. I need to make a point of doing more posting!!!

Eating up the low carb meatloaf that fiancee made weeks ago. I had that leftover some leftover mashed cauliflower and veggies. Threw those in meal prep containers and in the freezer. I've been lazy and not feeling like making lunches so I've been grabbing them. I just took out the last container of zucchini soup out of the freezer . Hoping to find more zucchini at the farmers market Saturday to make soup and zoodles for the freezer for winter. Also hoping to.find some basil , more spaghetti squash, cauliflower (Going to rice and freeze) and some fresh tomatoes.

I had a rough patch with eating recently. We are all human ladies ! It is just important that we go right on track as soon as possible. You guys are amazing! You just basically have been getting right back on track and you both keep posting!! Definitely an example I need to follow! Thank you guys again.for being here!

~-)-)------- Rose for the both of you

Last edited by maral427 : Tue, Oct-09-18 at 19:12.
  #120   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-18, 16:41

BF:

Hi all.
Boy Maral, you really are doing great. I like reading your post on what u have.
I guess We can all talk about doing any plan.and the All work. But Boy so hard. It was easier last year. But been doing this for 5.6 years.
And this is the hardest.
I got toful. now to learn how to.
I got and Organtic with no water. very firm.
I have to cut short. But are we Not the best team. Let go girls.