Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 17:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179/158/148 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Anyone Swear By Any At Home Fitness Videos?

i only like exercise if im athome,or in private...i used to do tae bo, but bored of it now

anyone use any good fitness videos?

i hate exercise soooooo much
x
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 17:39

Plan: Lo-carb/calorie counting
Stats: 148/125/125 Female 64 in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

I guess I'm the opposite of you in that I love to exercise and have been a home exerciser for years. I have somewhere around 300 videos and DVDs in my ever-growing collection.

I don't know what to suggest for you though unless you give me some idea of your fitness level and what kind of workouts you enjoy.(ex: kickboxing,floor aerobics, step, weights...more athletic, more 'dancy'. etc) Also, do you have any equipment for at-home exercising (like a step, or weights etc.)?

Give me some more info, and I'll try to put together a list of titles for your consideration.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 17:45

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

I used to do home videos. Sometimes I will break them out just to try something different. They wil work if ya use them. If you are easily bored and strapped for cash try the library. Our county library has a nice selection.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 17:51
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/135/128 Female 5"4
BF:less than before
Progress: 86%

Me!!! I have 2 babies, so I don't get out much. I do the treadmill, exercise bike and Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone.

I love it and it has 3 different levels and hand weights.

I use to hate to exercise, now I live for it and look forward to it 3 times a day 5 days a week.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 20:59

Plan: switched to low fat 4/05
Stats: 182/157/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Holding on!!!!!!!!
Progress: 48%

I like Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds. I just started it again about two weeks ago..
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 04:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179/158/148 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 68%

Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone - im from london, i wonder if they have this here.
how does this video work, do we need a treadmill?
i have a treadmill, non motorised one which is a bit rubbish, i also have weights, and a stepmachine...
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-05, 19:36

Plan: switched to low fat 4/05
Stats: 182/157/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Holding on!!!!!!!!
Progress: 48%

Annasophia...
Walk away the pounds is a tape.... a 1,2, and 3 mile tape with round weights included with the tapes. Its available on amazon.com and ebay too I think... I saw it on amazon.com...heres the info....the pic would not post..Leslie Sansone - Walk Away the Pounds 3 Pack (includes weight set) (2001)

see larger picture

Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days

2 used & new from $27.85

I really like it and I dont like much exercise.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-05, 21:02

Plan: Protein Power/6WBM
Stats: 181.5/139/129 Female 66"
BF:55%/27.5%/22%
Progress: 81%

I have always had fabulous success with the Firm tapes. They were way ahead of the curve years ago by combining aerobics with weight training for women. They usually use weights (3, 5, and 8lbs - none at all for beginners), and some use a Fanny Lifter (a 2-piece tall box to work the, ahem, fanny and legs) or a box like step classes do. They're interesting, challenging, and motivating - they guarantee you'll see results in 10 workouts or less - and not too "dancy" or choreographed. Excellent productions values and the instructors are real pros at "cueing" - letting you know which move is coming next. They range in length from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the tape. They're easily modifiable for beginners and stress the importance of good form ("Good form gets you good results"). We just got back from a ski trip and I was in the best shape of my life due to the Firm workouts I had done prior to going - every day, I skied longer than both my husband and my 16-year old son! Legs like steel!

Michelle
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 19:09

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 184/155/134 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 58%

If you like to dance then go to any book store and look thru all the exercise dvds and take your pick they have all kinds to chose from. I love all the dance exercise it is just like having fun with no hard work but when your done you know that you have really worked out and can't wait to do it again.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 23:15

Stats: 175/175/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

I cannot believe no one has mentioned Turbo Jam yet! This is the best BEST BEST at home workout EVER. If you like tae bo you will love Turbo Jam. It's sooo much fun, you dance and kick like crazy. I hate exercise too but I hear the beat in my head and I have to fit my turbo jam in. You can order it online at beachbody.com - It's 3 payments of $20 (US) and comes with 5 workouts. 1 is for learning, 2 are 45 min and 2 are 20 min - 1 workout includes weights. You can get your money back after 30 days but you won't! I did a lot of research, no one can say a bad thing about it. It is SO much fun. I am singing the "Party Train" in my head right now :-)
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 14:29

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 220/214/145 Female 67
BF:yes, I admit it
Progress: 8%

I get my workout videos from collagevideo.com. They have a good selection, and they give you enough information to help you figure out what videos you might like. I personally like Charlene Prickett. Her stuff is on that site, but she has her own too at charleneprickett.com.

My library also has a few videos, but not many. Don't get discouraged if you don't like the first ones you try. I found I don't like them too easy, or two hard, or two dancy.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 07:48
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I am a turbo jammer and absolutely love it!! I agree with dsdeleon that it is the best motivating workout DVD that I have ever used. I even love it more then using my own equipment in my home gym. I have a treadmill, elliptical, total gym, bun and thigh rocker, dumbbells, jump rope and physio ball.

I have only been turbo jamming a week but am truly addicted to it. I am getting ready at this very moment to go downstairs and start my DVD.

HN
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-04-06, 23:00

Stats: 188/156.5/150 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Is the turbo jamming video high impact?

Thanks.

Karen
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-07-06, 21:03

Stats: 290/234/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

I love Victoria Johnson's Powershaping. It's a combo of weight training and cardio and the focus is tone and burn fat w/in your fat burning zone(heart rate). It's very easy to follow and challenging. I highly recommend her! Good luck!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 06:00

Stats: 218/198/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Im using Power 90 from beachbody.com and I am really liking it, but its commitments.