Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2026   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-19, 05:22

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Let's try this again. I had 2 paragraphs typed and then hit something(?) and the whole thing went poof. Wish I knew what combo of keys cause that to happen.

Blue...your weekend sounds perfect. Our weather is just beginning to break, but it's still pretty humid and the temp is 72 already this morning. Although a high of 76 today sounds better than the high 90's we've been having! OY!

Funny that your DH had to come and check on you girls at the pool! I can see how time would fly when you're paddling around and talking.

Jaz....hope you have a good day with the littles. Fingers crossed that your DD gets good news from the Dr.

I love a big chair and ottoman. So cozy. My sister used to have one...I think they called it a chair and a half....the chair was huge. I loved that thing. You sure got a steal on that purchase! Way to go.

Trig....hope all is well and that you didn't melt in the heat! Did you spend a lot of time in the pool this weekend?

Nic...I'm sure you're ready to be home. You had a whirlwind of a week in NYC.

Greg...Blue gives good advice about the Yoga. I jumped right into Sport Yoga because I did 5 years of a boot camp workout that was quite intense. Even so, the Sport Yoga is hard. Plus..you have to give any new workout at least 4 sessions before you decide that you don't like it. You will probably hate it after the first time.
-------------

Nothing much happening here. Just waiting for the weather to moderate so we feel like doing anything. It was a lazy weekend for sure.

After eating way too many hollow pretzels with hummus, the scale is up....big surprise. I need to learn to portion control those things until they are gone and then not buy any more.

Tomorrow afternoon we're going to our daughter's for a little birthday party for our grandson who just turned 16 last week. He was away all last week playing in a regional baseball tournament. His team won! They are off to Vero Beach Florida on August 5th for the championship tournament. We thought about trying to go, but we'd have to make some plans in a hurry and then we have the worry of DH's elderly cousin. I did a little searching of flights etc, but I think we'll have to give it a pass.

Have good days everyone!
Sponsored Links
  #2027   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-19, 19:28

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- WE are still dealing with the extreme heat for another day. supposedly. It was SOOOOOOO humid today- like sucking in water to breath! YUCK!!!!!!

I do like Hummus as well in small doses. Then it sorta taste like cardboard after a bit. I like it with salsa and olives- but a little I mean little goes a long way! A bite or two and I am done. I love it for those bites though.

So are we the only ones on today? I know we all get busy. But I must say I miss a full busy up chat house!!!!!!!

NIC- you came back today!!!!!!!- hope your travels were good!!!!!! So what did you think?????

Blue
- I am hoping you have a divine weekend of pool!!!!!!!

TRIG- You said you were going to zone out- not disappear!!!!! Hope you got some down time in!!!! did it rain there yet? Is the hubby back yet? Did he come bring salmon like LORI'S hubby??
I bet you are ready to roll again !!!

Greg
HI
------------------------------------------
Well the good news I had a BLAST with my grand kids today. OMG- My little Noah is such a fire cracker and ever SOOOOOOOOO Smart. we were reading a story about animals and their babies. He so child like said : do you have a mommy? - or course I say- it's grandma R
He processes........ oh...... does my mommy have a mommy..... so frekin precious...... yes I say I am your mommy's mommy. - his eyes got SO SO SO big. YOU are MOMMY's MOMMY????????- yes I say.......
Him:- OH....... Mommony was little like Me?
ME: Yes she was little too........
Him: she was????????????- and you her mommy?
ME yes-
HIM:- ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...... and I am ??????...............
ME: GIGI's grandson I love you very very much. Forever to the moon - then tickles and hugs......... kissing fest ......... dam I love that kid.

But guess who made her presence known today- Princess........ Who decided She liked me...... wanted held entire time and played with all my jewelry- full approval from me! She is our ballerina! she loves pretty and sparkles- my girl. She kissed me today and it was really our first true bonding. she hugged.

Now for the other news. - My DD came back and I had put the kids down for a nap. I was waiting. She come in and blurts out there is not one heart beat.

Stupid me goes:::::::: omg two- your having twins?????- DD bursting to tears said no the baby died last night or this morning. it was moving last night. This morning nothing and its gone. Just gone. no heart beat. She said if I don''t have it to pass- I need a DNC in 4 weeks.

OMG who in the hell would make a woman carry a dead child in her womb for 4 weeks!??!?!?!?!- I am livid.
Now is not the time to talk to my DD as she thank me for coming and promptly went to bed.
I hope to have another conversation with her on Thurs. As I invited her to see Helen Ga with me.

There in not much to say except I surely hopes she opts to get this resolved ASAP.
What a sad thing to think about - I couldn't do it- carry around a dead baby- I would think about it every minute- but I guess we all have our own way of grieving and it is not my place to judge.

So that is that. her husband is being snipped next month and he better be respectful until then - or I will wack him myself!!!!!

Dr. Appt. tomorrow.

waiting for cool air-

until tomorrow - good day all

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Jul-22-19 at 19:35.
  #2028   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-19, 05:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz....so sorry about your DD. I have heard of that before....that the baby dies, but they wait to see if it will pass on it's own. So sad. I even heard of one that had to keep it until it delivered on it's own, even though.....again, so sorry for your DD.

I am so happy that Ava has "discovered" her Gigi! I know she will be your special girl. Little Noah sounds just precious. I'm glad you had a good day with them.

Hope everyone else had a good start to your week.

-------

We had another hot day yesterday, but then some storms came thru and cooled things down. Just on and off downpours, no bad t storms or anything. Lovely sleeping last night with a cool breeze. Ahhh.......

I doing ok with the 16:8 fasting. Also trying to cut back portion sizes, especially the darn Swiss cheese! My nemesis!

DH's 50th high school reunion is Aug. 3 and I was hoping to have lost 10 lbs or so, but that's clearly not happening. Oh well...the dress I'm going to wear is pretty forgiving, so I should still look ok. Now to get this darn hair cut! It is driving me crazy! I get it cut & colored next Wednesday. I still have the long pixie, which is fine, but I've had a really long side bang that I am sick of. It needs to go.

At 11 this morning I'm going to the new Sport Chiro. I'll let you know how it goes.

Right after my appointment, we'll be heading to our daughter's....just over an hours drive. I think she's going to just get pizza & subs and she'll have a cake for the birthday boy. She wants me to bring some fruit. She was worried about what I will eat, and I told her I'll just eat the toppings from the pizza and dump a sub out of the bun....easy!

Have good days everyone!
  #2029   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-19, 05:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 198/195/156 Male 69.5 inches
BF:26.5/26.5/21.5
Progress: 7%

Lori, all, I had my first yoga class yesterday, very interesting and well done. Motivating instructor. Experienced beginner group. Spent some time observing, not judging myself. Need lotsa work on balance. I wonder if this is improvable as I have lost a good bit as I aged. I would think so. I can feel the fat on me keeping me from crunching and stretching in the manners proscribed. No special gear, but I have to bring a positive mind-set. I can do this!!!! Cleaning out the garage today with my two nephews. Rain all day. Blueberries have just about gone by but grape tomatoes are coming fast. Hope you are all well. Great to read your posts and follow your triumphs and trials.
  #2030   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-19, 06:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Greg, ugh I can feel your thoughts on my body as I read your post. I also have that heavier fat still blocking my body from doing easy normal things and I feel it....just know it ya know like you mentioned. I hate it! BUT great thing is you are out and trying new things. So happy your new yoga plan might help ya improve balance etc cause the only way to change things is TO make it happen, keep going and get the benefits from it!

Jaz loved reading about grandkid time

So sorry for your DD. What a tough time she has had thru a lot of heartache for her. I hope she is ok and everything corrects out for her soon. Rough for sure!

Lori....what is a hollow pretzel? Not sure on that one LOL I know only doughy pretzels
Hope your Sports Chiro does good things for you, I noticed you aren't as achey when chatting about your problem, maybe everything is slowly helping you move forward, a good thing!

HI NICCO and BLUE

sorry for short posting today guys, my mind is in foggy land. big storms came thru, sinus troubles, mind is heavy in bowling ball foggy land

tired. bored. dull. blah. don't care one bit and got that slug feeling. in a mood, just doing, not enjoying

one thing on my mind is hiking. I kinda put it on the shelf. I enjoyed it so much and I just mostly stopped. said it in my mind, too much damn work to do it LOL the slug in me finding excuses but for something I love to do why in the hell ain't I bothering to do it? I don't know. So I am going to pick and day and schedule up some hikes. Push me to do it cause right now I can plan but still say why bother and not even go.....so ramping up pushing myself a bit with hikes

just doing, not thriving right now but I will get mojo back somehow

great day all
  #2031   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-19, 08:59

BF:

Good Morning all-

Lori- Enjoy time with the kids!
As far as the reunion I know you will be stunning! You have NOTHING to worry about! Go and have a great time! I know your hubby will be proud to have such a cutie pie on his arm!

TRIG- - Yes today is the dark, and stormy day here in the south. BUT - it is pushing this nasty humid air to the corner! It is supposed to be a GORGEOUS rest of the week! -
So the sun and cooler weather on tap in 24 hours!!!!!!!- Then take a hike!!!!!

NIC- so you should be back and settled in???? How was travels home? Whats on the agenda now?
Can't wait to hear all about it- I know you gotta be excited!!!!!!

Blue- - Hey there!!!!!!!- - You betcha I am happy with my 100.00 fireplace/ reading/ chair. I know you would appreciate my find! - But you are right- "stuff" loses it's value if nobody is interested anymore. But hey- I am.
What is on your agenda list this week?

Hey Greg- glad you are enjoying Yoga!
-----------------------------------------------
I am taking today to get my "at home" stuff done now that I am home from a crappy doctors visit. It was a total waste of time. I went first thing. It was out of pocket- first of all, since it is not a "well visit"- I had an agenda. Since my blood work was just taken- and all normal I would have to pay for all blood work out of pocket- so I declined. I have not reached my incredible high deductible- so it would be hundreds of dollars- it was all normal, except the cholesterol.

My referral- is to a dietitian. Total waste of a morning and money. My blood sugar is low- so the endocrinologist is out. My doctor is so frekin OLD SCHOOL. He still thinks I should go to a dietitian and learn to eat EVERYTHING in moderation, excersize more and reduce my stress, blah blah blah blah blah - OMG.
What a waste. I will figure this out my dang self.

I am NOT giving up. I know there is an answer out there. I also think it REALLY is hormonal issue. But I know at this point I am going to have to think out side the box and find an alternative medicine clinic. - None of that type of treatment is covered by insurance. OH well.

I am taking the rest of my day since it is raining and dark to get all my house work done so I can enjoy the sunshine and beautiful weather coming!
I am on my second laundry batch. Will do sheets and towels- and then tackle the office. I want to set it up so I like being in that room. Tomorrow is trash day- and I want to load it up and purge!!!!

Tomorrow- is not sure!!!!!- love that
Thur- I am going to Helen- it should be a BEAUTIFUL day! Low humidity and sunshine- all the way through next week! Cards in the evening with the Euchre group
Friday- I want to see that movie Once upon a time in Hollywood

Although - except Helen on Thur- I am pretty fluid on my schedule. It is whatever floats my boat!
Saturday - my mom really wants me to bring them dinner for his birthday. I will come up with something. He is having a fusion on his back on Wed. So he will be out of commission for a few days over his birthday.

Today I am going to try salmon in my air fryer! - So far it has been a great gadget. 2 days in! HAHAHAAH

Have a great day all!!!!-
  #2032   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-19, 17:09

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Oh, so sorry for your daughter. And I agree w/you, terrible to make someone wait in that condition. Will it pass today, tonight, on and on. Just mentally and emotionally so hard. SIGH, all things considered good that your SIL is getting snipped. They are blessed w/two beautiful kids, why push it given her history.

Bummerooni on the doctor visit. You have to find a new Doc---I know, so not fun. And most of the dietitians are the worst when it comes to old school, imo. I am confused about the endocrinologist. I thought they were for hormone issues---why would low blood sugar make them irrelevant?

Also, thought you returned the air fryer? And now you're loving it?

Trig---Girl, I've been feeling just like you do for a couple of days. Tired, SO LOW energy, achy. No mojo. Totally empathize.

Hey, do you ever exercise in your pool. I got some water weights for my B'day and then ordered an aqua jogger belt. Got it after my work out today, so I'm hoping to try it tomorrow. But it lets you "bob" w/full freedom of your arms and legs to do resistance moves when stationary. I'm going to see if I can do my jog in it too. But since you and I both love the pool thought I'd throw it out there as far as exercise is concerned.

Today I was again, so mogey, forced myself down to do my work out in the pool. Holy cats, I cannot believe how much better I feel! Seems these days when I don't move I get sorer and lazier. My life is just not as organically active as it used to be, so I really have to make it happen.

Lori---So last week I was all about OMAD, no way this week so far. Sometimes it works, sometimes it flat out does not, and I can never tell why or when. Good you're able to get back to it this week.

Oh, and isn't it just so glorious when that heat breaks? Ours broke last week and we have had nothing but halcyon summer days ever since---low 80's dry, sunny, breezy. So great when that nice sleeping weather comes back.

Looking forward to hearing about your sports Chiro!

Nic--- I bet you are still recovering from your jam packed last week.

Steadyed---You have a great attitude about all this stuff. Taking it slow and not judging yourself for the time it takes for your body to learn new ways. I think when our pool closes this fall I'm going to try a beginner's yoga class too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So like I said above, have not felt well last few days. Stomach was really queasy yesterday---probably from my treat night. Pizza. First time in months. Either it didn't sit well w/me, or I had a bug. Achy too and tired and just kind of blue, not Blue,

Today didn't feel much better till I went down and did my pool work out. ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

Back on plan after pizza treat night, but not feeling in the zone or much mojo for it. Bored w/it right now. Need to get myself to the store and get some good LC stuff, eating too much of the same thing over and over because I've been so in the dumps physically.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get out early and get to the grocery store and check off a couple of other errands I've been putting off. Miss feeling all zoney. Not coming near the scale. Don't have that thinner feeling at all. :/ It's always the ups and the downs on this woe isn't it? Still, it would ALL BE UP, and not in a good way, w/out it, so we gotta just keep on keepin' on as best we can.
  #2033   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-19, 18:07

BF:

Hi all!

Just home from our trip to the daughter's. We had a nice time. She's having a pool put in her back yard and today they put in the liner and 4 tanker trucks of water arrived. 20,000 gallons of water! It is an in ground, salt water pool. It is not salty like the ocean, I think it's about the same as human tears. It is supposed to be easier on the skin and eyes than chlorine and a bit less maintenance, I guess. It will be nice when it's finished, but for now her yard is a muddy mess! Lots of concrete needs poured in the next few weeks.

The Sport Chiro......LOVED her! She took time to show me on her iPad just what is going on with me. She had 3D images of the skeleton and then she could overlay muscles etc and show me why I have the pain and what the problem is. Very interesting and informative. The treatment was not a lot of fun. She does what is called Active Release Technique. She will put pressure on the muscle/tendon and then move the arm. I have to work thru some pretty bad discomfort, but she doesn't want me to get to the point of gritting my teeth pain. She said my shoulder blade is just frozen to my rib cage. She could not even get to some of the areas she wanted to treat. The muscles are just locked down. I will be going to her twice a week for a couple months, at least. She said she very seldom suggests that a patient come twice a week, but in my case, she thinks it is necessary. The good news....my insurance will pay all but $20 per session. It will still add up to quite a bit, but I have no choice. She also asked me if I'd be willing to try acupuncture and I told her that I would. She has an associate that does acupunture in a different office and she said depending on how things go, she may suggest I give it a try. I'm also going to keep up with the massage....back to that tomorrow morning. Very pleased with the appointment. I'm a bit sore tonight....hoping I can sleep.

Trig.....the hollow pretzels are actually called pretzel shells. They are about an inch long or so and just a hollow pretzel. Super crunchy and I love them. Certainly not good for a LC diet! I have to limit myself to about 5 of them a day. I could munch thru half a bag if I let myself!

Jaz.....sorry about the crappy Dr. visit. You will find the right one.....you are the best advocate for yourself.

Blue...hope you enjoy your aqua belt for working out in the pool. It sounds like just the thing!

Nic....hope you got home safely and that all is well. I'm sure you have loads to do after being away.

Greg...glad you like the yoga! Be patient with yourself. I feel sure that your balance will improve as you go and also your muscle strength & elasticity.

I'm soon heading for bed. Another lovely cool night for sleeping.
  #2034   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-19, 05:08

BF:

Jazz, a dietician is the recommendation!? ugh ugh and one more ugh.
it is so hard to find that 'pinpoint niche' type Dr. we want when we kinda go outside the box and want other info vs. the old 'dietician' and 'moderation' info!

feel for ya on that one

Cool you got nice plans lined up, or not lined up nice thing on days that are yours, you can do whatever ya want and not worry a bit about it.

Blue, ahhhhh so you are like me right now....wild
Yea I am just so blah. No interest in anything. I float in the pool, never like exercise in my pool relaxing, but I did jog around a bit and do some leg and arm movements while thinking of you in your pool doing just that LOL but no, I won't be doing it as a real thing. I am a floater and relaxer in the water.

I hope my mojo comes back. right now I got no zip to apply to anything right now....hmmm, been thru this before, will again and have gotten out of it also so....you and I will come around

Lori, the salt water pools are great! So glad she is getting one, boy is she going to enjoy that!! cool

happy you loved your SC...sports chiro. and possible acupuncture, very cool...from what I read it sounds like you are going to get great help and should be seeing wonderful improvement from this...fingers crossed it is a true lifesaver for ya.

no I never saw a hollow shell pretzel.... ....cool

Hey Nicco and Greg!!! hope you guys are good

so I am nibbling a bit of this and that again. not much....but too much for me. kinda like my mind is on that fence of eating the world for a week, saying screw it and just eat whatever and not care.....but I am holding on to nibbles and not caring on that either so.....

all good and ok in a way but it won't get any lbs off the body. not gaining, but sure not losing.

like Blue I lost my inner thin feeling. feel bloaty. blah. bored. tired. not caring one bit about anything. not zippy, low energy, ehhhh to everything and no interested in any thing at all

I think cause I have no trips planned right now til Aug 8 beach I am just bored to death. Long friggin' July to be home...…RV in shop getting new awning arm that broke so I can't even get in the damn thing and go away for a few days. I am so off hotels now, ain't doing that again....I want my rv and the damn thing won't be back for like another 4-5 days cause the damn manufacturer ain't sending out parts for stuff...behind cause of July 4 and, well, hell every rv manuf. is so slow on parts delivery all the darn time, omg someone friggin' shoot a rocket up the rv manuf. azz industry please ugh, drives me batty to the max

so bit of sun thru the storms here
head is clearing a bit so that is good, drugs did their thing, kept me alive without too much headache

got pork chops for tonight

waiting to hear on my SUV and what is wrong, might pick it up in the shop today....under warranty work....got like 18 days left on original warranty LOL
another ugh

whatever, I don't care about any of it really

great day all
  #2035   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-19, 07:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 198/195/156 Male 69.5 inches
BF:26.5/26.5/21.5
Progress: 7%

Blue, Lori, ZeroCarb, all, thanks for the encouragement. Balance is important to me. I am going to do research on this. I think I will like Yoga! Can only imagine it getting better the slimmer I get. Also I am going on a mono LC diet for the rest of July and August. Just means I eat exactly the same foods and amounts everyday, no snacks, plenty of water and weigh my amts. This will be a cool experiment. It takes advantage of the fact that I rarely crave variety in my food and when I do, it is usually a thinly veiled attempt to sneak in carbs! So my shake for breakfast, cuke and tomato salad for lunch with a yogurt, and chicken and broccoli for supper. Today I am 185 pounds hopefully heading to 175 by Sept 1. So my sign off (185-0=185) lets you know my progress. Hope all is good by you guys. Cooler today in Connecticut!
Greg (aka steadyed) 185-0=185
  #2036   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-19, 07:23

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all

Ok going to attempt a minor league catch up and hit the big stuff. I know I'll be missing some other stuff along the way.

Jaz- I am so sorry to hear about your DD's miscarriage. It is so strange that the baby had been moving only the day before. My heart is sad for her and her DH and also for you. Sending lots of loving thoughts in that direction.

LOVED hearing about Noah and Ava and their relationships with you. So incredibly sweet! I look forward to experiencing that myself one day!

Can you please clarify which doctor you went to? I am unclear. I don't think you went to your REGULAR doctor. Was this the doctor that you had read about in a magazine and was so excited to see? Or some other kind of doctor?

I agree with Blue's confusion too- an endocrinologist works with hormones and that has nothing at all to do with blood sugar. I went to an endo for years as a teen bc of my PCOS.

I'll be really interested to hear what you think of Helen. I think it sounds like a fun day trip. I mean, it will be very touristy but still fun. And the surrounding area is utterly gorgeous! You are in major hiking land out there too!

Blue- Glad you had a nice time with your friend- it sounds so comfortable and happy and amazing. All good stuff there! The water belt for the pool sounds perfect too. I am missing our pool this season. Probably a good thing to miss it bc usually I am sort of complaining about the costs of it- now I will appreciate it more!

Trig- Girl you are sounding so restless! You need either a trip or a school schedule back in place, I think! I feel ya, I am feeling a bit that way myself and I'm not quite sure why. Won't be too long until the next trip though!

Lori- the Sports therapist person sounds great for you. I love it when Drs explain things in a way that can be understood. I really hope this treatment plan works for you and you can get back to normal again.

Ed- Glad you tried the yoga and your comments on it were interesting.

••••••

Back for a couple of days now and starting to feel settled. We meet with a financial advisor guy tonight, and I'd like to mow the lawn, tackle some freaking out of control weeds that are as tall as I am out back, as well as some baby trees that are sprouting up where they shouldn't be. I also have a couple of small errands to run.

Jaz- just FYI I was on the subway about 25 minutes each way for the failed panzerotti experience. I don't think the subway even goes hours in any one direction. lol Maybe an hour. That being said, my train ride back from NYC was about 3 hours.

I'm going to need to sit down this weekend and sort out some kind of plan for what the next steps are that I need to do, and how, and when. The class was great but there are more things to be done for the certification and I can feel just a tinge of panic setting in, which is ridiculous. I have a ton of time! I just need to set a plan.

I can't believe DS20 leaves for Amsterdam in less than a month either. Lots of change happening! Aaaah!

Old folks: my Mom fell. She was at her house, and you all know what that looks like, so I am not even a bit surprised. No doubt she cannot see where she is walking and it is likely back to being unsafe again. She is back at her DH's now and has a concussion. Glad he is there to take care of her.

Meanwhile, DH's Dad is having some mental confusion that is becoming worse/ more apparent. I don't know if he is moving toward early stages of dementia or what. There is some disagreement amongst the 'kids' on what the next steps for them should be. I don't really agree with DH but I'm not angry about it- I just said my piece and now it has been said. Apparently at least one of the other SILs are really mad at their DH's (my BILs) about it. Messy stuff.

In good news, my Dad seems to be doing well currently. Stitches are out from the cancer removal, no pain, clear margins. He and SM are leaving for a River Cruise over in the Netherlands in a few days. I am thrilled they are doing this and having that experience together.

My eating has been pure crap and I absolutely feel it. I need to pull myself together!
  #2037   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-19, 08:08

BF:

OMG- my long and personals post- poof!!!!!!!! DANG! -

I have been typing for over an hour!!! I hate I hit a stupid button and it disappeared! GRHHHHHHH-

A summary: I feel the summer dog day blues-
I too am on the BLOAT BOAT!!!- I am beyond frustrated! -

Lori- I am thrilled you found the answer you were looking for- THRILLED

TRIG- a hike would be a great thing! Take advantage of these beautiful days we have now!!!!-

HI NIC! HI GREG!!!-
-------------------------------
Air fryer - send the first one back and went to Walmart and looked at the ones they had- different brand- picked one up!

I am so happy that I have a few days off to get my "attitude" in a better place! I am happy I am not having to work through my DD -news, and well as a doctor who blew me off!
He is SO fired! - Very old school.

I am not giving up- but I have not been on my best game the last couple days.
I too seem to be a in funk this week. -I just seem to have lost a bit of steam. I won't be here long.But right now I am outta sorts.
Hoping that these next days of sunshine and getting out- exploring and spending tomorrow with my kids will jerk me out of my funk!

I think the news of DD/ followed by a doctor who is useless- ya just toss arms in the air! -
But it is true- I am my own advocate - I am now giving up on getting to the bottom of what is going haywire with my body!

- I will be back later and try to reconstruct my first post!
  #2038   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-19, 09:40

BF:

Good Morning!

Slipping in under the wire again! 11:30 already! I had a great massage this morning....a bit painful, but she says she can start to feel the muscle fibers move instead of just being a solid mass. Progress. Back next Wednesday.

I came home determined to scrub my front porch and all furniture etc. I've been putting it off because of my arm, but decided today was the day. Well, in pulls my DH & Grandson15. Helpers! They helped me and we got it done in no time. Feels great to have that project finished.

Another reason I wanted to get busy with the porch is I wanted to kill some time while I was fasting. I like to fast for 16 hours minimum and that meant not eating till 11 this morning. Timing worked out perfectly. 16 hours seems to be a sweet spot for me as far as fasting goes. I didn't weigh myself this morning, but I was feeling thin thru the middle...love that feeling! I thought, why step on the scale and burst the bubble?

I'm researching fasting etc and am going to just listen to my body. I will fast when I feel like it, but on some days I will eat "normally". Mainly LC for sure, but life is life. I actually enjoyed the empty feeling this morning while fasting....success!

Not much else happening here. My Green Chef order came today, but DH is going out for dinner. No worries....I'll make meal #1 tomorrow night. Tonight I'll be on my own, so it'll probably be Swiss cheese or eggs for dinner. I like to be finished eating by 6, so then I can eat by 10AM the next day if I'm hungry. Works well for me.

Big hugs to you all!
  #2039   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-19, 15:25

BF:

Lori so glad you are getting that thin feeling, it is a wonderful thing and happy you got help from the young'uns....those young'uns can work great and not tucker out or hurt something while doing it Haha

I think you might be walking toward good success with your new chiro...cool

Nicco, sorry your mom fell...scary stuff!!! glad all is fine
I get ya on that tinge of panic feeling. I get it anytime I get under the gun a bit...older I get the more it hits me.

Sorry on your DHs dad.....old age is now hitting your family and the smartest thing to do is like what Blue did with her hubby's funeral situation and what I do with my MIL now with her hoarding etc.....stay the hell out of most of it just support, say a very little if you think IT WILL help, if not run the other way and let THEM ALL figure it out.....they are smart, good adults, they can handle the old age situation with their parents as needed, when that time comes for our own folks we gotta step up then and take the majority of that weight on our shoulders, so just let it go down as it goes down...feel for ya on that one. ugh

that Netherlands trip sounds great and happy your dad is doing good thru all that. a trip is a wonderful way to heal the body and soul

Jaz, it went poof~! yuk. come back when ya can and chat away like ya do. Glad your down days are helping you....I love relax time, nothing on me but what I want, when I want

any job offers catching your eye or just hanging with your job as is right now? just curious if anything new is cropping up for ya or just riding the storm out as needed? again, just wondering how you are doing on that stupid job and what might be on the horizon

haven't heard on SUV.
have to go to mom's tomorrow. hate driving hubby's monster truck, it truly is a beast and only thing I got left is our smaller blue truck....the F150. yuk....we kinda use it as the 'do everything crappy' truck but hubby does keep it in clean form kinda….but I hate the way it drives. Tires 'roar' inside ya know..we changed tires a ton of times, made it a tad more quiet but he is checking suspension or shocks or something but the darn thing is a lousey loud ride to me...hate that sucker but good back up vehicle....guess I gotta take that to mom's tomorrow. and then I gotta damn near pick her up to get her into a high truck LOL pain in the azz the last few days
  #2040   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-19, 15:26

BF:

So today I called and signed into the physicain portal to ask for a Allergist referral - what is going to SAY TO THAT?!?!?!?!?- I want to do some allergy testing. It is going to cost me 650- min. But I want some testing done for food sensitivities.
So I was doing more research- that inflammation caused by food, can cause weight gain and hormone unbalances- so I want that at the very least.

I'm tired- spent a lot of time today glued to the news. Then I had errands to run- got Bella nails done, went to get pet food, took a 20 minute walk, browsed and window shopped from an outside "mall".
Got my walk in- and then came home and made ribs in the fryer- dang good!
But I am tired- just tired.

This has been a rough week- emotionally and that makes me just frekin tired. This week is FLYING BY- I NEED another week!!!!!!

tomorrow- is a botanical gardens with the grandkids and DD for a picnic- and walk!!!!! - Still trying to get to Helen!!!!!!- MAYBE Friday or Sunday............ I can't believe how fast time flies.

Dinner was so good- pork boneless ribs- and steamed great green beans. - period. 2 gasses of wine.
Carbs- about 15
Calories- 1200-1300
20 minutes walking

I am out to Netflix-

HI all- personals again tomorrow
Closed Thread