Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-11, 15:28

Plan: CALP CAD
Stats: 148/142/125 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress:
Default Any vegetarian CALPs or CADs

Hi there,
I'm a vegetarian (lacto) of 37 years who has been following CALP for two weeks. Never had a weight problem till menopause, although I identified myself as high on the carb addict test. Now I am about 25lbs above my ideal weight. I have always had a sweet tooth. About a year ago I gave up sugar which I thought was my main culprit. I lost 10lbs quickly but after a while I found that I was substituting sugar with fruit. Sounded healthy enough to me. I would sip smoothies throughout the day. But I think it has played havoc with my blood sugar as I was always hungry and became obessessed with eating with little stashes of food everywhere to keep my hunger at bay.
Anyhow after 2 weeks on this plan my hunger has gone back to normal and I have lost 5lbs.
I just wanted to know if there are any other vegetarians out there, how they work with the plan and what they use for protein etc. I have been using tofu and paneer which is working well for me. I'll make a vegie soup and then have salad and tofu for the CM meals.

Anyhow nice to join this forum for support. I am more impressed with the cessation of the cravings than the weight loss. I feel so relieved that it is not just me...if you know what I mean. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-11, 09:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I have a close friend who does CALP and is a vegetarian- but she eats fish. Lots of fish. Loves sardines, tuna and all other kinds of fish. She eats tofu and boca burgers and such, but finds she has to read the labels very carefully.

WELCOME!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-11, 01:36

Plan: CALP CAD
Stats: 148/142/125 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress:

hi, thanks for the welcome...I'm one of those freaky vegetarians who won't eat anything with a face or potential life. So don't eat meat, fish or eggs. But I do eat dairy. I always thought of my protein source as lots of lentils, nuts and of course cheese, tofu etc. But it seems lentils and nuts are not on CM list...
Anyhow I am doing well and know I can balance it at the RM. I've always been a huge salad an vegie eater so it's not too hard for me. I still can't believe that I can now go for 5 hours without being hungry...when I used to snack at least every 2 hours or I felt empty!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-11, 06:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

that's great. I'd google vegetarian low carb- I know there is at least one book.

As you are so limited, it will be hard.
On CALP lentils and nuts are not CM, but I think you need to see what works for you.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-12, 21:40
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 172/159/130 Female 67ins
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile

I'm lacto-ovo (and cheating with ONE can of tuna a week, for now) and thought I'd post to say hello... my CM options are free-range eggs and cheese, basically, then the CM veg, so I'm making my RM the place to get veg proteins from combining pulses, grains and dairy.

Anyone wants to PM me I'll reply if I can, just want to say I did CAD briefly a long time back also as a veggie and it IS do-able, you just need to plan the timing for your RM and MAYBE that time won't be a big blow-out supper like it is for some people, since your CM options are limited.

Back then I was lacto-ovo but could eat tofu, right now I can't eat too much soya for medical reasons, hence made an executive decision to have one can of tuna a week... for now.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-12, 19:11
Registered Member

Plan: Vegetarian CAD
Stats: 120/120/100 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 0%

hello there, I've got a question since i'm thinking of starting CAD. In regards to the 1/3 protein portion of the reward meal, can we use pulse/beans as a protein source or would we really need to use pure protein choices? There doesn't seem to be much pure protein choices for vegetarian low carbers.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-12, 07:42

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

The Carbohydrate Addict's Healthy for Life Plan, which I'm on has the most vegetarian options, even menues of all the CA books.

I know this thread is old but for anyone else who's vegetarian..