Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 17:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default how is everyone doing??

there arent any recent posts on here, how is everyone doing?? any success stories out there?? i was on this twice before and just couldnt stay away from the funky foods. didnt even last a week each time. i was just curious if anyone stuck to this or is having any success. i was gonna start cad, but never committed to it. i also thought i could do a protien plan and count ww pts. i just wanted to be able to count ww pts and eat the foods i crave, but i truly want to change my eating habits altogether and am still very much confused on what i can make my chosen plan for life. i am wasting so much time, switching from plan to plan.

how and when did you know the plan you picked would be the plan that would get you to your goal?? question is for anyone having success out there in getting to their goals. thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 18:16

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi there willbthin, I have been LCing for almost a year now. I have lost 57 pounds, gained 5 back here recently after starting an exercise program, so that makes it 52. I love this way of eating and knew right away that it was for me. I am following the atkins plan, but have read books on other plans including the CAD. I don't think CAD is for me, I think I would go nutts at the reward meal. Atkins has been really great and I know with lots of patience and determination I will get to goal and stay there. Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place for answers and support. Please feel free to write and stop by my journal any time you'd like. Good luck to you. Bye for now
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 18:23

BF:

hi tany, thanks for sharing and for your support, i will try to find your journal as i am also new to this website. and congrats on your weight loss, that is great and very inspirational. there is no way i can do atkins, i tried, i couldnt wait out the withdrawls. and on cad before i did go nuts on the reward meal, and thought since i wanted to lose weight so bad, that i would be able to control it. nope, i was wrong. i like somersizing but i feel i still eat to much of the legal foods. i would just like to be able to control my appetite on any program i am on. i am not a big meat eater and i dont like any fish, so food for me was to limited on atkins. i would like to be able to somersize and just learn to eat less and eat more lean meats.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 18:29

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

You can do anything you set your mind to. I know you can. I was the biggest carb addict ever, and look at me now. I just love what this WOE (way of eating) is doing for me and how it make me feel. To visit my journal, just click on the journal icon below one my posts and it will take right to it. You should also start a journal.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 18:39

BF:

thanks, i just found your journal and wrote you there.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 19:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins'
Stats: 269/256/130
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hiya willbthin,

welcome to the site! well I'm right there with you for I have tried CAD, somersizing, and now I am on Atkins' for the second time. This go around is even harder than the first so now i wish I had just stuck with it then...but we can't go back now can we...(darn it)...lol What ever you choose it, you will know right away if it is for you or not, and if you could do it for a lifetime....that is what I'm dealing with right now not just can I get to my goal wieght..( which is a long way off) but can I accept this WOE for the rest of my life....well as they say "one day at a time"
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 04:59

BF:

hi dawn , thanks, it does sound like you know where i am coming from,i am still struggling and yet putting lowcarbing on hold again,i am going to the shore for 4 days with my daughter, niece and mother in law who likes to drink, and there is gonna be a bar and food court right at the pool at the hotel, we are going to the shore. i like my weekend cocktails too. until i get back i am just counting ww pts, and then see if i can commit to lowcarbing,i just dont know why i cant stick to one. i was thinking of looking into sugarbusters, which i havent read yet. i wish you success on atkins. i am leaving for the shore this friday.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 21:16

Plan: Sommersizing
Stats: 174/148.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default HI There

Hi there I have been Somersizing since Jan.. So far I have been successful in losing 29 lbs & 21.5 inches! But lately it has been very slow and difficult to stay on track.. I am thinking that the closer you get to goal the more difficult it is to lose it, do any of you find this? Also I am married to a sabatour so that makes it hard.. He is always finding some way to sneak a treat under my nose. I am looking great and feeling better so it is very easy to fall off the band wagon!! I know where I want to be and what I want to look like, but that seems to all go wayside when there are treats under my nose. Any suggestions?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 05:51

BF:
Default i am back

i never thought i would post on here again. i was so set on convincing myself i could do ww pts or richard simmons foodmover. but i cant. i am addicted to the carbs and that is all i want to eat. i feel horrible bloated and so out of control. i need to change my eating habits, i just have to give my body the time it needs to change. i am so impatient , i want results yesterday!!! of course it doesnt work that way. on this plan i can have carbs, of course they are not the carbs i want, but i know they are the kind of carbs that are healthy and will help me feel full. so here i go again, and hopefully i can be stronger and not quit. i will keep posting often and let everyone know if i will be a success this time or fail again. i have to prove to myself that i can do this. i have got to get stronger, it is only food for goodness sake!!!!!! and it is making me miserable. i cant let it have that power over me. any tips on just making it through the first three days. any tips on what you ate to help you keep satisfied?? i would appreciat all the help i can get. i know it is hard to give advice and your time to someone who keeps quitting, but i really am trying. thank you.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 08:13

Plan: Sommersizing
Stats: 174/148.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%
Thumbs up

HI Wilbethin!!
Your name says it all!!!!!! I know the first week is the hardest on this plan. Especially the caffine withdrawl! But it is important to do it.. I found it easier to switch to 1/2 caf for the first week - less headaches! I couldn't go from 5 coffees to 0. so I weaned myself off! The snack of choice was the mock danish! I never have less than 6 containers of cream cheese on hand. I also would add some frozen berries or a 1/8th tsp of jam before cooking. Yes I know that is a minor imbalance, but this was easier for me! You have to be able to fit this into your lifestyle. Good luck.. You will succeed this time!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 14:40

Plan: Sommersize
Stats: 211/208/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hello All!
I am trying Sommersizing yet again! It seems to be the woe that I can handle...I did try Atkins fo 2 weeks and lost 8 lbs, but I missed eating my fruits, skim milk and whole grain breads.
Willbthin, I know how you feel about wanting to see immediate results, but I know it will not happen that way. I too feel so addicted to carbs and I know that I can kick them!
I know that I have to do something and I know it won't be Weight Watchers...I did it for years and I was always hungry. I do prefer low carb, I just have to commit to it and realize it is a better woe for me.
I will try to post more often, hope others will to!

Have a good day!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 17:04

BF:
Default hi guys

thanks for the support, how is everyone doing?? please dont kick me in the butt, but i didnt make it through the day, it is just so hard making dinner for my family, i have to have high protien snacks ready to pick on while i am making dinner, i should have known better this is one of the problems that caused me to fail this way of eating before. i am glad to see people posting, i hope we get a big support group going here, maybe that will help this time around, i will try harder tomorrow to go the whole day somersizing. hope you all will too. did you guys make it through the day?? is this anyone's first day back on it?? i will make it tomorrow. some other people i talked to today thought i should be doing ww pts, i wanted to so i could have my white carbs, i do like the ww pts, but like someone else said they were hungry on it and so am i , i did have some success with it in the past, but i havent been able to stay on somersizing more then 2 days , obviously not enough time to get my body used to the good carbs. i am trying.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 07:53

BF:

just ignore me guys. some people i was on ww with have convinced me to stick with the ww. i know i am hungry on it. but i have to learn to eat the foods i love and take control , stop bingeing, i dont know how to take my name out of this website. so i will just delete it from my favorites. no need to respond, cause i will not see it. cant thank you enough for whoever spent time responding to me. i wish everyone success on this plan. i hope i can get to my goal through ww pts, i will try to spend my pts on whole grains and lean protiens, maybe this will help me stay more satisfied on the ww plan. good luck guys and thanks again. bye.