Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-06, 19:31

Plan: Eat Fat Get Thin
Stats: 324/280/140 Female 5ft 6inches
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Barry Groves "Eat Fat, Get Thin"

Does anyone have a copy of Barry Groves book Eat Fat Get Thin that they would be willing to loan me or sell me? Or maybe someone has seen one in a second hand book shop? I can't find one anywhere and as I don't use a credit card I can't buy one from Amazon? I'm on the Mid-North Coast in NSW. I have contacted Barry Groves but even he doesn't have one, only the DVDs he now sells. Based on what I've gleaned from his website I've gained my health and energy and lost 20kgs but would like a little more info.

Tootles
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-06, 22:14
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

You could always try eBay. You can pay by transferring from your bank account or physically going into the bank and making the deposit - so no credit card needed!

e
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-08, 09:13

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 260/252.6/137 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 6%

I found my copy on Half.com (which is a sister site of Ebay.) You might try that, if you still haven't found one.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-08, 01:43

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exception
Does anyone have a copy of Barry Groves book Eat Fat Get Thin that they would be willing to loan me or sell me? Or maybe someone has seen one in a second hand book shop? I can't find one anywhere and as I don't use a credit card I can't buy one from Amazon? I'm on the Mid-North Coast in NSW. I have contacted Barry Groves but even he doesn't have one, only the DVDs he now sells. Based on what I've gleaned from his website I've gained my health and energy and lost 20kgs but would like a little more info.

Tootles

Why don't you just buy his new book "Natural Health and Weight Loss"? It came out in Spring 2007 and was the book that got me started on my low-carb journey. I'm sure you should be able to get it if you ordered it from a bookstore. I can really absolutely totally and utterly recommend it!!!

There's not just ideas about how to "do" low-carb but lots of well-explained science to make it absolutely clear to the reader that you will not do yourself any harm - on the contrary, you'll have nothing but health benefits - by switching to a low-carb diet.

Hope you find the new book - you won't regret buying it!

amanda
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-08, 19:11

Plan: Eat Fat Get Thin
Stats: 324/280/140 Female 5ft 6inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Thanks for the replies everyone. I now have a copy of Barry's latest book, and an excellent read it is too. In fact I'm going to be an on-line distributor for the book as well as promoting it through my health practice.