Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 05:47

Plan: Atkins,BFL
Stats: 209/203/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Smile Weight gain/Quitting smoking

Hello everyone....I am new to this...I am hoping somebody can help me......I quit smoking around the first of the year and believe me I feel so much better....Don't want to go back....BUT,...I have gained 23 lbs since I quit....I have tried to make sure I am not overeating...I almost feel like it is a given that I will gain weight no matter what until my body goes through the change....I am hoping this is not true...I started yesterday going on Atkins induction....got up this morning and was up 2 lbs..gggrrrrrrr........anyways I joined the gym last week and I hope that is going to help....Does anyone have any info that can help...or Has anyone gone quit and managed to lose weight instead of gain????...Any help would be nice...thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 04:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/137/125
BF:
Progress: 66%

I know how you feel, I quit smoking and gained 30 pounds. I was so depressed over the weight gain that I forced myself to smoke again. Once I reach my goal weight Im gonna try again. After all this hard work of dieting, I'm sure I'll watch what I put in my mouth. When I quit I would eat anything that wouldn't walk away from me LOL But now that I'm so close to my goal weight I feel as if I can quit and be sucessful this time. I'm not craving sweets now so this could be a good thing. Best of luck on quitting.

Laurie
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 14:57
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Hi there,

I quit smoking 5 month ago and since lost 6 pounds. Your metabolism will slow down when you quit smoking but with time it all comes back to normal. When starting Induction it can be normal to gain at first. Your body takes all the extra protein and repairs tissue and lost muscle..so there too give it time Follow the Induction from the book, drink lots of water and exercise, soon your body will pick up speed again and the weight comes off and you feel a thousand times better

Good luck

Mischa
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 16:02

Plan: Atkins,BFL
Stats: 209/203/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Wink Thanks for the replies

Thank you guys for taking the time to reply to me.....O cool thank you....I just started working out and I feel really good....and congrats on the quitting smoking and the weight loss damn that is great.....good luck and thanks again....I would love to get fit with all the others...Just not sure how to do it....

Thanks Rose