Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 12:56
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%
Default Citruskiss' Exercise Log

Well, after several weeks of procrastinating, I finally did something today

After a failed attempt at aquasize with a too-big, bunchy-boob, ratty old bathing suit, I knew I had to find something else.

Read some posts around these forums about workout tapes and yesterday I bought a couple of those Walk Away the Pounds DVD's.

Today - did the Walk Away the Pounds Express / Walk Strong DVD with my husband.

Yippee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 23:15
I've decided

Well, what can I say? I was so enthused by the fact that I *made* myself do that workout (Walk Away the Pounds Express), that I went and did something really wild...

Took the dogs to the local "off leash" park and walked about 3 miles!!!

#3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 00:55
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Hi Citrus!
Don't you feel great? Now do it again tomorrow!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 11:01
I've decided

That DVD was deceptively easy....

Today, my thighs (quadriceps?) are *killing* me.

I've got two DVD's here...the one I did yesterday was a 30 minute "express" thing which included resistance exercises (with a stretchie band) - I think that, in combination with several squats is the thing that's making my legs feel like they weigh about 500 lbs. each.

I'll definitely be sure to get out for another long walk with the dogs today, and I'm contemplating the other DVD I have...the Two Mile Walk WATP DVD ...you know...the one that's still sitting in the plastic bag from the store I bought it from. Lucky me...Indigo books didn't have the One Mile in stock...so I'm starting off with the two mile.

I took a look at the beachbody.com website after reading a thread about the "best exercise" videos..and I'm rather interested in their Power 90 series. But...I promised myself that I must work out with the two new DVD's that I bought on the weekend for awhile, to see if I'd actually make use of them before buying something else. Plus...if my thighs are killing me after a 30 minute, seemingly "easy" workout...then I've got a long ways to go. I'd probably kill myself with a more advanced workout. Sooo..I'll just stick with what I have so far, and build on that.

I've also got these neat cards that I pulled out from the January issue of Oprah magazine - each card has weight work , two exercises for each day. There's six cards. For example, the "Tuesday" card has Shoulders and Abdominals. Card instructions suggest four sets (12 reps) of each exercise, alternating between shoulders and abdominals. Wednesday's card is Triceps and Biceps. The idea is that you workout all parts in the six day week. There's one day off. Anyway, I'm gonna incorporate these into my routine as well.

It's 9 am...let's see what I can get done by the end of the day.

#5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 07:48
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Quote:
I think that, in combination with several squats is the thing that's making my legs feel like they weigh about 500 lbs. each.
Yup! Don't worry.... it'll get easier. and when it does, then you have to make it hard again,

I think you have a good plan.... try a bit of everything and see what you like.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 09:20
I've decided

Well, unfortunately, I didn't manage to get in any exercise yesterday. My legs and bottom were really sore from the previous days' exercise.

Blah - not too happy about that, but as the day wore on yesterday, my thighs and bottom got more and more sore.

It was an exercise just to stand up and sit down...lol!

The weird thing is that the tape I did was so easy, and it wasn't like I did all that many squats. The squats were done with resistance though, and maybe that added to the soreness the next day, since I'm a real newbie at this.

I'll do it again today though...I've got a second DVD to try out, the Walk Away the Pounds 2 Mile, as well as 4 sets of triceps and biceps on the "Wednesday" card thingy.

Thanks for the encouragement
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-06, 12:01
I've decided

Hmmpph....been months since I had anything to post in here.

Well, I got a beautiful new treadmill from my husband for my birthday...and it arrived on Monday this week (birthday was back in April and I took forever and ever picking out a treadmill).

So I logged 2.5 miles on Tuesday morning at a 2.5 mph pace, and 2.8 miles yesterday at a 2.8mph pace.

Nothing yet today, although I think I will get on the thing later.

That's all for now.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-05-09, 11:19
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

.......years!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-05-09, 11:35
I've decided

This makes me laugh - I was wanting to get 'into' exercise so I started up the gym log. Didn't get very far.

In the meantime, I finally did get 'into' the exercise. Started with walking - anything, had to be "something" every day.

Despite being off sick for the past couple of weeks - I've been going to the gym regularly, and started up a newbie weight training routine.

Maybe once I'm well and truly over this flu, I'll start putting stuff in here again.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-10, 14:16
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

<walks in and hears the echos of footsteps>

Helllooooooooo. Hi Sara! I heard a rumor you were thinking of getting back into weight training and thought I'd stop by. Don't worry, my gym log's kinda pathetic too, but maybe we can help each other pick things up in both places a bit.

Looking forward to your next post!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-10, 14:25
I've decided

Imagine my shock when I saw this thing pop up in my subscribed threads?

You know, even when I really was exercising regularly, I didn't think to log it in here.

Ok, ok...I'll get on it. Soon.

Boy, is it dusty in here or what?
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-10, 16:39
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss
Imagine my shock when I saw this thing pop up in my subscribed threads?

You know, even when I really was exercising regularly, I didn't think to log it in here.

Ok, ok...I'll get on it. Soon.

Boy, is it dusty in here or what?

<cough, cough> What's that? Where are you? I can't see you!

J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see you're back. I think this is a great place to talk about working out, so why not give it a shot again.