Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Like a Dream.....150 Pounds gone forever. *Pics at end of story

View Article Article tools
  #166   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-12, 14:01

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

This is just such a wonderful story. I hope everyone on this forum who is struggling reads it and believes! This is no ordinary diet. It's a way of living that makes people slimmer and healthier.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-13, 02:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251.9/179.8/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:43%/40%/31%/28.8%
Progress: 78%

Wow... i would just like to say i really enjoyed reading your well worded and heartfelt story. I have been where you were.. i am still where you were... and at 30 years old (just turned in october 2012) i started my atkins/l/c journey on November 27th 2012. I have felt so many of the things you've described and knowing someone else has not only been trapped within the body of a fat person, but also within the mindset of a fat person makes me feel less alone.
It's so easy to become exactly what people think or whisper behind your back that you are... "just a fat slob"... or "the fat one." and all the things that you want people to perceive you as don't matter because you never let them get that close anyway... your just a fat nobody right?... I've let that go, i've started and i plan to stick with it. Down 14-ish pounds in >3 weeks and i've already noticed that as my body changes so does my mood. No longer do i wake up avoid the mirror and grump around on the couch all day. No more do i put food in my mouth and think 'wonder what part of my body this'll stick to'. I eat for fuel and because i know it's working. I am in higher spirits and find my depression, and snarky attitude (that i clung to like a baby blanket) is slipping away. When a friend of 15 years asks.. "are you okay... you seem.....happy or something." it makes you feel like a better person, not just to others but to yourself.
Your story really went into all the things one must change... not only the body but the mind. I'll probably always be a touch of a b*tch when a pretty model type girl walks by, but.... but... at least i'll know.. i worked for mine!
Here's to the journey, and my future self! Congrats and i can't wait to she the photos... were were promised photos lol (or maybe they just aren't showing up for me?, where is said photos!)
  #168   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-13, 17:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/145/130 Male 170
BF:
Progress: 25%

I think you have a great motivation and discipline that's why you achieve your goal. very inspiring story.
  #169   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-13, 13:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/200/150 Female 165
BF:
Progress:

A very inspiring story...thank you
  #170   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-13, 14:28
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 145/130/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

Wow Marvin! Your story is so inspirational! Thank you for that awesome post and story of yours. You are an inspiration to me for sure

Article tools