Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 10:04

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Hello , I reached my goal a few months ago

I didn't know this was here in this forum , I would have been here if I did.
Over the holidays I cheated too many times , I even gained two pounds , now that the holidays over , I can't seem to get over my sugar addiction. I'm taking gymena slyvestre & L glutimine ( porbably not spelled right) . I don't want to gain the weight that I just lost, actually I feel like I've gained more then 2 pounds.

Josie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 04:08
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi Josie!

Thanks for posting. It seems this forum doesn't get used much since LC Sponge left.

Some people take chromium to help them with the sugar cravings.

Once an addict, always an addict huh?

Beth
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 09:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I don't have much problem with sugar but had a serious downfall with popcorn weekend before last. Although it tasted good, it didn't taste THAT good, so it is back to the basics for me. All last week was a struggle, but this weekend was better, and I'm feeling like my "low-carb" self today. I have nightmares about gaining the weight back. Wish we had more support for maintainers - it's not all that easy!

Cindy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 09:51

BF:
Default Hello

I know what you mean once an addict always one,it's just like an alcohal addict , constantly have to fight temptation. You give in a little then it's full force again. Some times I think maintence is harder, then the weight loss phases. Cuz with weight loss phases you are constanly get encouragement every time you get on the scale. With maintence you don't get that & you get relaxed in your diet & start to back slide. So far I have been luck enough too not regain that much just 2 pounds & I lost those so I'll back down to 115.
BTW I tried chromium , L-glutimine & gynema slyvestre. The last two seemed to work better then the chromium on me. But they still don't wprk as good as I like them too. I need some thing that makes chocolate taste like crap.

Josie
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 19:52

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

"BTW I tried chromium , L-glutimine & gynema slyvestre"

I've read about chromium and L-glutimine. But haven't tried them. Never heard of gynema slyvestre. What does it do? Do you really think they help? If so, where do you get them?

I know what you mean about not getting the encouragement of continual weight loss. You get to feeling just "normal" and it is so easy to back-slide. We must be strong.

Thanks for any info,
Cindy
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 14:59

BF:
Default Gynema Slyvestre

It controls sugar cravings supposly blocks the absorption of sugar & takes a way the flavor of sugar. When I find it in some grocery stores it can be pretty exspensive. But I've seen it cheaper over the net. Like at : www.puritanspride.com or www.vitaminworld.com I've had pretty good results w/ this supplement it's a herb from India.

Josie

Last edited by Josiemk : Wed, Jan-22-03 at 15:07.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 10:45

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Angry sugar

NOTHING works to stop my interest in all things sweet, including and especially chocolate. BUT, eating an Atkins bar does help- a LOT. I agree that we simply must be vigilant-
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:25

Stats: 164/162/140
BF:
Progress: 8%
Unhappy

I haven't been checking the Board lately, thinking I had things under control. I have been at my set weight, or where I finally platoed for 8 months. I started to get sloppy and guess what, I have gained 5 lbs in less than a week. I came back to check other messages becuse it really helps haivning a place to get and give support.

So it's back to induction, cutting out nuts and all those carbs I was letting slip in, like a corn tortilla or oatmeal. Iit really is a life time and wil take some practice and vigilence. I have worked so hard and well, I can't give in to this slip. I'll be keeping a closer check on all of you too so that I know that I am not a lone in this stuggle.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:37

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Exclamation

You're right, it's easy to get complacent. I've been weighing 2-3 times a week, so that I can get the hang of maintenance.

Thanks for checking in!