Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 05:21

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Patchlady Jumping rope would prob. kill me LOL. Lord and I was a jump rope queen when I was about 8 Way to go. When I do my walking, I go through in my head wht I plan to do for the day. I got burnt out on the today show years ago. Now I just pop in Movies and watch them all day. Well not really watch, something to listen tooo. Can't wait to get more of this fat off, so I can get more active.

Jackie caught channel 2 news weather last night, and we are suppose to get a little warmer later in the week. But Heck they always seem to change it by the next day. I hate being cold tooooo burrrrrrrr. Lived most of my life in El Paso Tx, and I have a hard time with the weather here. The humity in the summer is a real drag. I am use to dry heat, Its hot but you can still breath LOL

Got my 2 mile in this morning. Tomorrow is my 28th wedding annaverary.
my daughter bought us lobster tails, I am going to add a steak and the butter Can't beat this way of eating LOL.

Have a great one all
Cheryl
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 05:54

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Been lurking on the boards for a while haven't really read the exercize threads till recently. Mind if I join you guys. I have been doing the "walk away the pounds (abs)" video off and on. Started about 3 weeks ago doing it 6 days a week (and doing curves 3 days a week starting this week). Been gaining a little weight lately not sure if it's the exercize or what but hoping if i bump it up a notch it will even me out over all. I enjoy them and feel so good afterwards.
  #168   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 06:19

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:

Just wanted to send a warm and big hello Meggen
Welcome to our terrific group.

Cheryl,yesterday was so cold. And I think I'm trying to come down with something so taking my vitamins,cold tablets during the day then Nyquil last night. I want to knock this before it gets going really bad. I just don't have time to get sick.
We should try some night to go to the chat board where we can talk. Anyone interested?
  #169   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 07:22
Contributing Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 167/167/145 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:

Cheryl...congrats on the 28th wedding anniversary. This May we will be celebrating our 11th. I feel your pain...or at least your cold. It is only 8 F here, and the high today is suppose to only be 15F.

Welcome Meggan..the more the merrier. I have been trying to do a walking video 6 times a week. I also use a pedometer and my goal is 12,000 steps a day, but I have been averaging about 10.500 steps a day.

Jackie, I never know when i am going to be online. But if I am on at night, I will pop my head and see if you are around.

Just finished up my 30 minute video. Later today I am going to do my 5 minutes of jump roping.

Yesterday pedometer 10,600 need to get a few more steps in to reach goal.
  #170   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 08:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200.5/200.5/165 Female 5ft 7 in
BF:
Progress:

Good Morning Girls!

Wondering if another snow bound bunny can join? I restarted low carbing Dec. 29th & started WATP's the same time. Do the tapes M-F ~ 4:45 a.m. - The only time I have to myself (mom of two boys 6 & 3 yrs old) then it's off to mom's a.m. taxi service - final stop: work. Stuck there until 5 pm & then the rat race starts again. Finally get a breather around 8:30 p.m. after the boys are in bed.

I live in Michigan & baby, it's cold outside!!!!!

I came across this thread & so happy I found it. I just love Leslie - she makes it enjoyable to exercise.

Just wonder what video series people are doing & how often?
  #171   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 09:10

BF:

wellcome meggen and ladybug

Glad your here

I have the walp for the abs, but my belt broke so I use hand weights. they seem to really tend to give me a better work out. For now I am walking 5 days a week, kinda got compulsive on the workouts and stoped losing the weight,
I also have her 4 mile express, would like to pick up some different 2 mile ones.

Patchlady Thankyou for the congrats. And I wonder if you burn calories shivering LOL

jackie I'm in bed by 4:00 pm LOL My day starts at 1:00am Dh is working a weird shift. He was saying they may go to midnights next week. So I will pretty much have to get use to normal time again. Get up at 5:00 am and stay up till 9:00 pm to get him up for work. Gosh I may get to see whts on tv an the evenings LOL. I must worn you I cant spell great, and tht makes it really hard to type. Have been picking up the computer shothand by playing the sims online game. It's like a huge chat room

again welcome meggen and ladybug

Ps we need to make up a watp logo for us. If anyone has any idea's bring it forth
  #172   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 09:33

Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

hello! remember me? i am checking in! i have been doing curves pretty much exclusively--which means i haven't been walking lately! lots of excuses--but no good reasons! i should give one of you guys my phone number and have you call me at 5 a.m. to get my butt out of bed! haha! well, at least the curves is going well...

happy anniversary to you!
  #173   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 09:56
Contributing Member

BF:

Hi Ladybug...welcome to the group.

I use WATP wth the weighted balls. I think it was her first WATP series with weights.

I have:

1 mile
Power Mile
2 mile
30 minute walk (2 miles)
3 mile

I have been doing to the 30 minute walk video. She doesn't use weights. I have been using my picture in picture feature on my TV so I can walk while watching the Today Show, or the news.

Once again, welcome to the group.
  #174   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 05:36

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:

Of course we remember you sky.. Welcome back.
Surf, I get up about 3:45-4am . I'm in bed by 8:30-9:00.I do good until around 3 then it's like my tired time of the day.
Yeah,we should have a name
  #175   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 06:44

BF:

good morning all

Not walking this morning, going to the junk yard to look for replacement parts for the car tht got mushed back in sept. The other morning when everthing froze my daughter went out to start the car and the handle broke off in her hand. (another part added to our list ) I will defenitly get some miles in there Me and hubbie walk and walk and walk, checking out wht cars to get parts from LOL.

I will see If I can find us a good logo for our group we are proud Walkers Ths a big smile.

Have a good day

Ps Jackie tht lettece is my bun for the burger, It's messy but good. Don't even miss the bread.
  #176   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 07:43

Stats: 200.5/200.5/165 Female 5ft 7 in
BF:
Progress:

Mornin' All!

I had a rough start this a.m. but rolled out of bed & popped Leslie in the ole VCR.
Feelin' much better after getting the body movin'. I can feel the results of using the weighted balls -- hopefully soon I'll start seeing some results. I started the Atkins & WATP tapes a week before my TOM - and with any program
I've ever done - TOM is not a friendly time to step on the scales. So, I convinced myself not to weigh until the following week. Currently, I'm pretty proud of how well I am doing & really don't need that downer right now.

Well, it's off to work.... Brrrrrrr.

Have a Great Day!
  #177   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 08:57
Contributing Member

BF:

Hello everyone!
I did the 30 minute walk video this morning. I didn't feel like it at all, but I made myself do it. Now I feel so much better that I did it. Why do I still have to make myself do the workout when I know I will feel so much better afterwards? And yet, I will cheat, knowing I will feel terrible afterwards????
  #178   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:18

BF:

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes

Did my video this morning. (i'm doing the 1 mile beginer for a month then will move up to the 2 mile etc)

Also going to curves today (trying to do walking 6 days curves 3 days and see if I can't get fit)
  #179   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 10:23
Contributing Member

BF:

Meggen...that sounds like a good plan. Curves sounds like a good place to workout. The closest curves to me is 27 miles from here (I live in the middle of nowhere) I just can't see myself driving that far. So I workout at home.
  #180   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-04, 11:08

BF:

My curves is a 45 minute drive away, but it's something i decided to do for myself. My goal this year is to get healthy by any means necessary and if driving 45 minutes 3 days a week does it, then thats what i'll do. I'm very determined for the first time in my life to get myself in order.

I workout at home (doing WATP) since it's so convienient, but do curves to bump it up a notch since my goal is a bit off since i was stalled for 4 months (we wont go there).