Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 06:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

stayed home from school yesterday; good decision. i am up early and getting ready to go back to work today....i don't know if this is the "real" flu or what, but kids are sick all over the place! huge numbers of absent kids in all the local schools, so at least i'm not alone! feeling a lot better, but think i'll wait another day before walking!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 19:24

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkling
stayed home from school yesterday; good decision. i am up early and getting ready to go back to work today....i don't know if this is the "real" flu or what, but kids are sick all over the place! huge numbers of absent kids in all the local schools, so at least i'm not alone! feeling a lot better, but think i'll wait another day before walking!

skjling,whatever it is is going around here too. Seems like it has really hit the poor kids. thank god it hasn't hit at this house,but we've had alot of people out of work because their kids came down with it.
  #138   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 05:39

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi, everyone. I'm Still here
Been busy, But I did get my walking in. Got a total of 14 miles for the week plus my P-90 sculpting and cardio in. Had a great week. Taking tomorrow off. Will see you all Monday.
Have a GREAT GREAT WEEKEND
Cheryl
  #139   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 06:49

BF:

Cheryl,good for you.
Went lastnight and got the exercise stuff at my moms. Now to get it set up. I also got a rowing machine.
  #140   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 05:01

BF:
Default I am still Walking

Sorry I haven't posted. Kinda went astray, by not doing atkins. Thought with the intence workouts it might be best if I went the carb way. Boy I was so wrong. I did 15 miles this week, plus my power 90 workouts, and really draged through them. That burst of energy was gone. So now I am back in Induction for a week or too hoping to get that great feeling back. Will post regularly. Missed all you guys. Taking tomorrow off. And will get going with my workouts on monday. by that time, all those nasty carbs should be out of my body LOL.
Have a great week end
Cheryl
  #141   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 05:10

BF:

Cheryl,I know how you feel. I can tell the difference when I totally go off Atkins. Glad to see you back
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-03, 04:29

BF:

Good Monday morning All.

Starting to feel much, better and more clear headed. Yesterday had that darn headach, but tried not to let it ruin my whole day. (First time hubby has had a day off since thanksgiving.) Got my 2 mile walk in (withweights) and did my weight training. Lost 1/2 pound. not much but I'll take it LOL .

Glad to be back Jackie, Hope everything is will with you. Need to get a few low carb things from the store today, Didn't get to low on my stuff. LOL. Also need to get tht christmas shoping done. I'm so good at waiting to do thinks at the last moment

Have a great day
Cheryl
  #143   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-03, 05:55

BF:
Default Monday

Cheryl,I know how you mean about last minute stuff. I'm doing the same thing.
Still haven't found the time or energy to do the exercise tho. I've been so busy all weekend with laundry and heavy duty cleaning just to get my exercise stuff to fit in here. Maybe with all the lifting of boxes and stuff is some sort of exercise
My eating has not been too great either.I haven't had much of an appetite so at least I haven't gained anything back. When I do eat,I watch what I am eating .Who knows maybe after the holidays I can seriously get back into it and just do the induction over.
  #144   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 06:17

BF:

Jackie, any cleaning has got to be a workout LOL. I have one of those hover vacs, tht it takes everything I have to push tht baby around. I swear I burn more calories pushing tht, then walking Today I need to finish off my grocey shopping, I am going to pick up the stuff to do the lowcarb pecan pie. Since tht one kept calling me at Thanksgiving, this time I'll be ready with the low carb version. LOL

Got my 3-mile in today plus my P-90 cardio 1-2. feeling more energy. next time I start adding in the carbs, it will be with more veggies, and a few lowcarb snacks. still planing to say around the 20 carbs for the rest of the week

Have a good day
cheryl
  #145   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 06:23

BF:

Cheryl,that's the kind of vac I need. Just suck up everything
Let me know how your pecan pie comes out. I wold like to try the pumpkin one out
  #146   ^
Old Wed, Dec-24-03, 11:16
Contributing Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 167/167/145 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:

Hi everyone...I ahve been lacking in both exercise and coming to the boards...but I am back!

I did the 30 minute walk video today. It is raining outside, and I kept hearing in my head Leslie saying over and over again...you can still walk even when it raining outside. So there...I did it! the 30 minute walk. It is a different video than the 2 mile walk video. the 30 minutes you still do 2 miles, but she doesn't use the weights. And I always thought it was a better work out.

Here is wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Hopefully you will see more of me around here in 2004.
  #147   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 12:00

BF:

Welcome back Patchlady. Hope everyone has a nice Christmas.
I thought I'd check in and wish everyone a Merry christmas. Off to the movies.
this is a switch for us on Christmas. Usually we go to my mom's.
this will be a nice change
  #148   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 10:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/169/120 Female 5'2"
BF:don't know
Progress:

Is this enough for weigh loss? I jog lightly for 1/2 hour a day, and hate every minute of it...lol.
  #149   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 10:38

BF:

Hi all
Hope everyone had a great christmas and now a happy New Year.

Well guys I have not worked out in the past six days. Got to really feeling sorry for myself. You all know. busting my butt workingout 6 to 7 days a week, and no weight loss, but gain, then the eatting thing. Was going to just throw the exercise out the window until I lost the weight. It just seems that working out and trying to lose weight works against me. I was reading in one of the post that doing atkins with intense workouts will not work, don't know how true this is, but in my case seems to fit. I really miss my walking tapes, soo I have decided to start back up and just workout everyother day. (Will resume the weight training when I get closer to goal). Walking makes me feel good plus they keep these old bones moving and get rid of the morning stifness. LOL

Patchlady glad to see your still out there

pammar I belive tht getting out of the chair for more then 30 min is excersise and will indeed get rid of the fat. Hope you are here to join us.
  #150   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 19:36
Contributing Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 167/167/145 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:

I have been doing pretty good so far this week with the walking videos.
Monday 1 mile
Tuesday 2 miles
Wednesday took the day off
Today I did 2 miles.

I didn't feel like doing the video today. I stayed up WAY TOO late last night (4:00am) but today I forced myself to do the video and now I feel so much better about myself. Can't start the new year slacking off on the workout thing.

I am hoping to do one video a day for a week and see how I feel.

Last edited by PatchLady : Thu, Jan-01-04 at 19:37.