Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-13, 14:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Mini vent about skinny people dieting ;-)

I've noticed a lot of this lately, and it is making me slightly insane! People who have what I would consider slender, perfect bodies trying to diet and lose weight. Actually heard a woman (not here) complaining that every time she looked in the mirror she was "disgusted by what a blob she was". She weighed 135 pounds. I wonder sometimes if the ones that post things like that on diet boards are just trolling. If they are serious, I don't know if I feel more sorry for them because they can't learn to love what they have, or if it irks me because it makes me feel even worse for weighing what I do. Okay - I do know the answer to that. I weigh what I do because of my own choices, so I don't have a right to feel bad for myself - but it does make me very, very sad for the girls and women who can't appreciate healthy, strong bodies without finding fault.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-13, 16:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

The thin people I know, stay that way by working at it. If they gain a couple of pounds, they take immediate action to correct it.
For the couple of years I was maintaining goal weight, I was the same way. Being 10 or so pounds over goal weight might not have looked like a problem in most of my friends or family's opinion, but it was a big deal to me. And I'll hopefully be that way again when I reach goal. A strict intolerance for weight gain is kind of needed to maintain.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-13, 17:02

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

In our skewed society I don't think there is anyone who doesn't want to lose weight. I was just at the grocery store, and next to Oprah Magazine was Michelle, the Unofficial blah blah of Michelle Obama (sorry, if I knew I'd be writing about it, I'd have paid more attention). Among the banners was top 3 things she'd accomplished while in the White House - I forget what the first was, but the second was losing weight and the third achieving happiness. I'm sorry but she's an intelligent articulate strong inspiring woman and they have to make reference to her weight on the cover? Something is wrong with us.

I think the people who can appreciate their bodies for what they are are few and far between - I certainly do not place myself in that category. Even when I was thin, I couldn't. I was always one xxxx from being fat.