Sat, Sep-11-21, 07:39
Plan: Atkins/General LC
1 cup heavy cream. (I've been cutting it with half & half, because I have some in the house to make cocoa for my daughter)
3 egg yolks (one recipe I tried called for a single... didn't turn out as good, but I also didn't remember the coconut flour that time)
1 tps coconut flour
Sweetener (I use pure stevia powder) equiv to 1/4 c sugar (or less, if you've lowered your need)
1 tsp vanilla
* heat cream on stove. (You want it to simmer -- have little bubbles on the edge, but not full boil)
* Separate eggs. (I put the extra whites in my morning coffee, so they're not wasted)
* Beat egg yolks, coconut flour, and sweetener
* Use a gravy-ladel or spoon to pour a little of the hot cream into the eggs, and beat. Do this a few times... It's called "tempering" the eggs, & gets them hot without scrambling them.
* Pour egg mixture into cream mixture on stove. Stir, constantly, for 2-3 minutes. It's done when it coats your rubber spatula (or spoon) but doesn't drip.
* Take off stove. Stir in the vanilla. (Vanilla will "burn off" and you'll lose most of the flavor if you add it on the stove. Always stir vanilla into hot dishes at the last moment.)
* Pour into a bowl.
All the instructions tell you to then place cling-wrap in contact with the pudding (so it doesn't form skin) and chill, but... I've been eating it pretty much straight from the stove.
No matter how hungry I am, I'm 100% full and satiated after this... for the rest of the day. And it feels so "sinfully" good while I'm eating it.
Takes about 10 min, total, and 3 dirty dishes. (Pot, egg-yolks bowl, and bowl I eat from). So really, no reason not to indulge.