Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-07, 13:18

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Meatballs

for some reason... I am super craving meatballs. Anyone have any recipes? I've looked for the ones my aunt used to make - but no one has responded on my fams website. i was looking for some recipes, and one that sounds like it might taste similiar is maybe with chili or bbq sauce and apricot or grape jelly? Have to find sugar free.

If anyone has any ideas for sauces let me know because I wanna go buy hamburger and crockpot these babies so I can eat some later!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-07, 21:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Check out our Kitchen Recipes section, the one with Entrees and other related meat dishes? There's even a kind of table of contents stickied at the top, listing (and linking) the recipes posted in the forum.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-07, 13:30

Plan: PPLP
Stats: 235/179/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:lots/less/<20%
Progress: 51%

we used to make regular meatballs (not italian seasonings) and then sauce them with grape jelly melted with chili sauce (found near the ketchup near the cocktail sauce). I would think you could make a similar flavor with some SF grape jelly (is there Grape SF syrup?), SF ketchup (or ingredients) (homemade would be best) and some extra spice (horseradish or siracha sauce) and then taste. It is essentially a tomato-fruit spicy-sweet sauce. Thicken by reduction and perhaps a little cornstarch substitute.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-27-07, 18:51

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 257/232/200 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I mak meatballs for my honey. I use ground beef, a little worteshire (I know I spelled that wrong) sauce, italian seasonings to taste, an egg (for binding, and sometimes add finely diced onions. What makes these special is a cut up small pieces of cheese (usually cut string cheese lengthwise then into small pieces) and shape the meatball around the cheese. I bake them at 350 for about 15-25 minutes or until the cheese just starts to melt out. I then top with a low carb spagetti sauce and more cheese (mozzarella or parmesan) and bake until the cheese melts on top; but you could eat the meatballs with no topping at all. They are good.