Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#931   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 15:14
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
the recipe I used had no sugar- just lots of spices and instructions to cook it slow and low.

I do hate it when they eat my food-
my feeling is that they have lots more choices than me and I am limited. I would feel differently if they were on the plan too.
I do tell DH and DS not to eat something- and I do put my name on it and hide it.
They can have fruit/yogurt/bread/cereal/icecream/cookies/chips/crackers- and anything else in the fridge! I can have my protein and veggies.

So we are going out to dinner to a pizza place. I am getting a large chicken cesar salad and a slice of pizza!

Tomorrow is a steak place-
much easier!

E
Sponsored Links
  #932   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 15:48

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hi Eno,
Can you send me the sticky chicken recipe that has no sugar...yum...as we speak I have chicken legs baking in the oven with the homemade bbq sauce I made..unfortunately it has brown sugar in it, so can only have it at my rm...tomorrow will be tuna again

rm tonight will be chicken legs and large salad with veggies...already made and waiting for me, yum...
  #933   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 19:06

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

That is a good idea...I'll start packing up my lunch right after dinner, while they are still at the table. Maybe they will start to get the idea that the leftovers are MINE, ALL MINE! LOL

Having a good day today, although I had some dry cereal for my reward meal (cinnamon toast crunch) and my mouth is sooo dry now. Funny how I notice these reactions that I used to think was just the normal way to feel.

Meals today:
CM: 2 chicken weiners
CM: tuna, mayo, romaine salad
RM: beef meatballs with honey garlic sauce, 2 cups of broccoli, cereal, raspberries.
  #934   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 20:04

BF:

Your menus are great Vel...KUTGW...just noticed you're a fellow Canadian..
  #935   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 07:57

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Yuppers, Ontario born and bred (I almost typed "bread"...hmmm).
I have to ask..what is KUTGW? If that is a Canadian thing, then I am embarrassed not to know!

My weight was up today...316. I am not panicking, because I ended up having a LOT of water and tea last night after that cereal. I have experienced this before, ususally when I have something bready or salty for my RM. My weight is always up the next day, so it was no surprise and I know it will go again in a day or two, so long as I am on plan. Still not what you want to see, though.

Not sure about today's plans yet. Hubs is still sleeping (he works late on Thursday nights).
I will be having a western omelet for breakfast, but not sure about dinner yet. No lunch as we will get a late start to the day.
  #936   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 08:30

BF:

KUTGW, not sure if this is a Canadian thing
it means, Keep Up The Good Work..

have a great day!
M-A
  #937   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 04:49
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 298/298/240 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Thanks for the thoughts, on the bread and cereal. Balancing my reward meal is all I have to do. Fortunately, I love all the foods, we can eat, at my cm meals. I have always enjoyed my meat., eggs and all the other things, we can have on CAD.
I was supposed to go to a Birthday Party today and was looking forward to it. This morning, I woke up, with a really bad Sinus headache and I feel a little dizzy. It's the Sinus. The weather is changing here, first it is hot and then cold, but very damp. I think I may have to skip the party. Decisions, decisions.
Well, I might be back later. Hugs, Jane
  #938   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 07:25
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I hvae tried to find the recipe on the site, but I must be doing something wrong in the 'search' function.

so-
here it is.

STICKY CHICKEN
2t paprika
1t cayenne
4t salt
1t thyme
1t pepper (can be 1/2 white and 1/2 black)
1t garlic powder
1t onion powder

i whole chicken

mix spices, rub all over inside and out of chicken. Put chicken in a zip type bag and marinate overnight in fridge.

Bake in 250 degree oven for 4-5 hours, or cook in slowcooker on low for 8-10 hours. ENJOY!

I basted it once after 3 hours with all the fat in the pan. Notice there is no added liquid! I used a small fryer, but next time will use a large roaster so I will have more meat. It came out spicy, crispy and falling apart delicious.

We went out last night to a fancy steak place and got their Restaurant Week menu- caesar salad, 8 ounce hanger steak, 3 veggies to share, and dessert. I got a creme fraiche pound cake with berries- and had 3 bites. I also had a popover but only had water to drink, as I had a glass of champagne before going out. I am all swollen this am- and up 3 pounds I think it will be gone in a day.

Tonight we are staying home and grilling salmon. I also got fresh green beans. We'll have a salad and grilled peaches too.

have a great weekend-

E
  #939   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 08:44

Plan: Low Carbish
Stats: 169/152/135 Female 5'2" Age:81
BF:
Progress: 50%

What I find is that sometimes I have a problem eating the salad first. I can't find anything in my CAD book that addresses this. For instance, if I am having a really bad sinus problem I can't eat a salad at all. I've always been that way, not asking why. In this case how could I structure my RM? Could I just eat some raw stuff like celery, carrot, cucumber? Sounds strange but believe me it happens. I can eat cooked veggies so perhaps I can double my serving of that? Otherwise this WOE works for me because I don't have to plan so much. I'm not losing much but it's easy. Should I be watching my calories too???

Thanks Everyone!
  #940   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 13:32

BF:

Hi Suze, I don't watch calories, except to make sure I'm getting enough...some days I don't hit 1000, so I grab some mayo with tuna to bring it up a little. For me if I eat too little calories I don't lose.

Eno, so glad (sorry) to hear you up 3 pounds after eating out..I'm going out tonight and tomorrow night and I know i will be up from the sodium and msg, I guess...glad it's not just me.
I hope when I am maintaining I won't dread getting on the scale after eating out. Hope you lose it all quickly

ok, off to finish getting ready.
Happy Saturday everyone.
M-A
  #941   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 17:32
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
MA, I don't worry about this. Before CALP it was even a larger swing after eating out with lots of salt!
Have fun tonight.

Suze- you can have double cooked veggies or other raw veggies- do it your way and it will be okay. I love salad, but I change out the dressing and additions each night. Like tonight was sprouts, peppers, and balsamic vinagrette. Tomorrow- who knows?

Later-
E
  #942   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-10, 18:47

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
Suze- you can have double cooked veggies or other raw veggies- do it your way and it will be okay. I love salad, but I change out the dressing and additions each night. Like tonight was sprouts, peppers, and balsamic vinagrette.

I'm really not a salad lover either. Ok, I really dislike salad..I've been forcing myself to eat it in the summer. I usually just eat more cooked vegetables..
I'm trying to do the one cm and one reward meal. Seems to work better to lose the weight. It will just take a few weeks to get used to it.
  #943   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-10, 05:50

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Anyone make the recipes from the CAD No Cravings cook book?
So far I made a brie omelet and I used spinach instead of mushrooms..not a mushroom lover. It was good.
  #944   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-10, 07:12
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 298/298/240 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Thanks for the sticky chicken recipe, Eno. I forgot about eating the salad before the meal. Have to check my book, to see the reason, for that Glad veryone is doing well. I'll be back later, have a good day. Jane
  #945   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-10, 07:48

BF:

I agree with you Eno, have your veggies any way you like them..I grew up with limited vegetables as we lived on a farm and grew our own vegetables..so potatoes, carrots, beets, turnips, green and yellow beans and of course onions..we ate tons of these every day...
When I moved to the city, wow, the endless supply of vegetables and countless ways to have them..cooked and raw.
The way I look at it is, if I have to eat these foods for my good health I will find ways to eat most of them..so I am constantly on allrecipes.com and checking out magazines at bookstores to get ideas...I have cooked and prepared veggies in so many ways and most of the time the whole family loves them..kids and all. Now, my kids love tons of veggies..it's so good for you!

Dinner last night was great, just with 2 best girlfriends...we got there at 6 and closed the place down at 11:45..lol
It was a Greek restaurant in an historic old house, we ate on the terrace it was nice and warm. Had 2 glasses of wine, tzatiki sauce with 2 small slices of bread, chicken breast and butterfly shrimp with a large salad, about 1 tbsp of rice and 2 small pieces of roasted potatoes, coffee and chocolate cheese cake...up 3 pounds this morning ..the memories, priceless!!
Will drink lots of water today and prepare to go out for dinner tonight..another Greek restaurant..

Have a great day!
M-A
Closed Thread