Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#901   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 18:28
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
first, good luck tomorrow Cindy!

Teri- new clothes for your trip! Awesome! I had the same problem with the sizes- I was shopping with my DD about 5 years ago and when something didn't look good I'd go out and get a larger size- she started getting the smaller size and I was shocked when it looked better! I am still comfortable in clothes that are a bit bigger, but I am in clothes that fit. It makes a big difference. I am all over the place in sizes- from size 4 to XL. Right now I'm in a size 6 jean and an XL tee shirt!

I had a great RM tonight all by myself. I made a salad,a burger and onions/peppers int eh same pan. YUM! Carb was a piece of a soft yeast roll with butter. Then I did the dishes, started the dishwasher and left the kitchen. This is thekind of evening that I'd love to have a glass of wine or a bit of somethng alcoholic on the rocks to sip while I read, but my RM is over so I'm posting here instead!

Tomorrow we're having a new couple in town for dinner - with a 2 year old!- I'm making salad, chicken, bread, rice, spinach and cucumbers. I got strawberry icecream for dessert for the little girl.

E
Sponsored Links
  #902   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 22:57

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 209.7/194.1/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Eno, you're so good at sticking to it. I probably would have gone ahead and had the glass of wine. But, I guess that's how you've managed to maintain for 6 years. I hope to be able to say that some day. Do you have any before and after pictures?

Today was a pretty good eating day, I think (even though I ate at weird times).

Bfast (10am): 3 mugs coffee w/cream and SF syrup, 3 scrambled eggs w/cheese&sausage with 2 tbsp salsa, cream cheese cloud

Snack (3:30pm): cucumber slices and celery sticks w/cottage cheese dip

Dinner (8:00pm): naked taco salad from Qdoba w/guacamole, corona, cherry tootsie pop

Water: 75-100 oz.
Other Beverages: 2 diet cherry pepsis

REALLY wanted to chew gum today, but managed to avoid it. Hopefully once we start back to school I won't have the urge as much. Kiddos are gone (I pick them up from Grandma's tomorrow morning), and I've been trying to plan out school along with getting other stuff done that's easier when it's quiet and calm. Had to choose our health benefits, too, which wasn't much fun as everything's gone up.

Last edited by BusyMomTo4 : Thu, Aug-19-10 at 23:26. Reason: forgot my coffee
  #903   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 04:34

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Back to 316 this morning and glad to see it.
Busy mom, I think the bite sized snickers could be a good idea, so long as you don't get tempted to eat more than you planned. I have some "treats" in the house that I love, that without CAD would be longggg gone, but CAD takes away that drive to gobble up every carb in the vicinity. Any time that feeling comes back, I know that something is a little out of whack with my food.
So far, so good
  #904   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 07:17
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 298/298/240 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi everyone, I thought I was the only one at 300llbs. I had maintained 265lbs. for the longest time, quite a few years. Then, once I started eating sweets again and started caretaking, my Sister and then, my Husband, it crept up, in the last year or so. I was very disturbed because it seemed to come on, all at once. I crept up, to 270lbs., then 278lbs. and stayed there for a very long time. After, my Husband Don passed in Oct., I weighed myself and there it was the horrible 300lbs. So, I'll just keep working at this. I know that the cravings are much better, now and that gives me a lot of help. Hope you all have a great day.
Jane
  #905   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 08:10

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 209.7/194.1/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Vel, yes... I'll have to be sure I have just one. I don't really remember CA getting rid of my cravings, but this morning (even though the scale stayed the same) I'm not wanting to just give it all up. Maybe that means my dinner was good.

Jane, glad to hear that this controls your cravings.

I'm off to make some chicken salad so that I have something to eat when I pick my kiddos up from my in-laws. We'll be having lunch together before I load them up and bring them home, and my DMIL will not be serving an LC lunch, I'm sure.

Have a good day everyone!
  #906   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 11:26

BF:

That's smart to plan ahead Debby. It's a pain sometimes, but worth it in the end.
  #907   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 13:16
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Debby-
I think I am very disciplined- but it is really all about my health. I feel so much better on CALP- why jinx it?I am more flexible about balancing carbs at RM and sometimes overcarb, but am also very aware it is a slippery slope!
I am sorry to say I don't have pics posted- but if we ever meet I'll show you!
Have a great weekend-
E
  #908   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 18:10
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 178/000/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 468%

Well, I made it through the procedure. As long as I keep up with my pain meds everything feels fine. I just can't eat many foods...only very soft foods. My main goal is just to use foods with lots of protein and little carbs. Ricotta has helped a lot. Any other food suggestions?

My husbands insist that I just lay in bed and rest so I will not argue (these days don't come often). Laptap is great for keeping away boredom.

Thanks for your prayers and well-wishes.
  #909   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 19:29

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

hi Cindy.. my dd had all 4 wisdom teeth out last summer, I feel for you. For her, I bought tons of frozen treats, unfortunately none were low carb.
When I had dental surgery years ago, I made home made cream of vegetable soup, though you need to be careful not to have anything hot for a day or two so as not to disturb the clotting, it could be warm, just not hot.
you could boil some eggs and add mayo for egg salad...tuna salad I guess anything that you chop finely and don't have to chew would be good.
My dd didn't want to eat much, but everthing she wanted was full of carbs...
Hope you don't have too much pain.

M-A
  #910   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-10, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 298/298/240 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Everyone, Glad you made it through the procedure, Cindy. Hope you feel better, today. Not much going on, just glad to be reading all the encouraging posts and thank you, all, for sharing your menus. It is very helpful. Jane
  #911   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-10, 17:33

BF:

Weight: 315.5
Last night was fun, out with the team. The place we went (Zeke's) was VERY laid back and casual. One co-worker ordered 2 plates of wings for the table, and that started the ball rolling, everyone was ordering different appetizers to share. It started to seem like no-one was going to order an actual meal. So, I ordered, and then a few others did too. Some just had lots of all the appetizers. I had something called Porto Chicken, which was chicken breast in a basil/mushroom/cream sauce, with mashed potatoes (only ate about one third of the potatoes) and caesar salad(ate a bit less than half). I also had a small wedge of pizza, one honey-garlic chicken wing, a wedge of garlic bread and a light beer. The biggest issue was time. I could tell right away it was going to be very hard to stick to the hour and I did go over, but I minimized the damage by not tacking dessert on at the end. All in all, I feel like I handled it pretty well. I felt somewhat "cravy" when I got home, but that was partially just the let-down of the evening being over and coming home to an empty house. I had a diet pop.
  #912   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-10, 19:45

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hi Vel, I think you did great...way to go on passing on dessert and not giving in to cravings when you came home...congrats on the scale going down as well...wow...you are doing great!
M-A
  #913   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-10, 13:46

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Hi
I'm back again! I lurk a lot ..but I haven't been posting.
I went off again on another different direction and I'm back again..sooo...yeah... I'm using the Healthy Heart Program..though I have all the books..I just bought their new-er cookbook. I didn't even know they had one in 2004.. I'm excited to get it!
  #914   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-10, 04:01

BF:

thanks, M-A. And, welcome, Mayflowers

Weight today 316
Food yesterday...sorta weird, gonna post it in my journal.

Today's plan:
CM: 2 hardboiled eggs with a smudge of mayo
CM: big salad with 3 oz chicken
RM: 2 burger patties, broccoli, raspberries, chocolate.
  #915   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-10, 06:51
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 178/000/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 468%

Unfortunately my procedure has caused complications. I still can't eat regular foods. I still have pain and have to go back to the darn oral surgeon today. This sucks!!!!
Closed Thread