Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 00:06

Plan: ultra lite/atkins
Stats: 156/81/76
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default RE: New member

Hi All
It`s so great to find a aussie support group like this one.A bit about me...live in south aussie, have followed weight watchers for the last 3 years with great success, in loosing about 46 kilos, with no help or support what so ever, but just lately it`s not working for me, as i always seem to be hungry. A few weeks back i did the ultra lite programme and had a great loss but doubt it was all fat loss. Then i did atkins for a week and gained 1.2 kilos, and was very dispodent about the plan, but i doubt whether i was doing it properly as i was`nt counting the carbs in eggs and i was eating a hell of a lot of eggs, and i could have also over done it on the protein as well, as the ultra lite programme i was only allowed 240 gr per day, which is stuff all. I found ultra lite very restictive and boring. I had a blow out on friday so have started ultra lite again on the saturday, just to give me a kick start in the weight loss department, and lost 2.8 kilos in 2 days, but again don`t know how much fat loss it would have been. But you would think that from dieting for 3 years that i would`nt have much water loss, who knows. Anyway i will stick ultra lite out until sunday if i can, then start atkins again on monday. I`m using the australian womens weekly fat & kj counter to calculate my carb grams, is this ok to use...????
I`m really looking forward to starting atkins again, as i was more satisfied on that the week i did it, than i ever was on ww. Looking forward to getting to know you all, and hopefully get some good tips and hints and recipes and what ever else you can provide in the form of information on the atkins way of eating, as i really want to do it right and have great success with it.
I also noticed on some of the posts about diet jelly, i was having a serve a day on ultra lite and still had a great loss the first week as i said, but i checked my jellys before, and am using areoplane lite, which has aspartame #951 in the ingredients, did`nt like the cottees ones...yuk...!!!
Well i reckon i have rambled on long enough, looking forward to hearing more from all the experts out there, and i need all the help i can get..thanx for listening...zoey01
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 00:26
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Zoey, welcome!

Quote:
I`m using the australian womens weekly fat & kj counter to calculate my carb grams, is this ok to use...????

I haven't seen it, but as long as it gives you carb counts, I'm sure it's fine. Do you know if they presubtract fibre? That would help if you know that.

I mostly use www.fitday.com . It's a free site where you can keep track of your carbs, calories, fat etc.
This thread Fitday.com How To's gives some hints on making it a bit easier to use.

Have a good look around the rest of this great site. There is an orange bar at the top of the screen with a lot of interesting and useful information. I would especially suggest that you look at "Low Carb Tips" up there.

Cheers, matey.

Rosebud