Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-04, 08:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/200/140 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%
Thumbs up Great place for info!

Hi everyone,

I'm an American living in Mannheim, Germany. I have been searching EVERYWHERE for Atkins products to buy online. Thanks to Superflat, I have found what I am looking for! Thanks for the tip on Supermass.com! You mentioned in your post that they don't sell Atkins products, but I found plenty, so they must've just got all of that in stock!

I just started my Atkins diet, so I am currently in the induction phase. It's a bit tough tryíng to count my carbs, so I am using Fitday.com to do that for me. There's also a carb-counter on Atkins.com, in case anyone would like to know!

Chynna
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 14:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 127/122/120 Female 5'3.5"
BF:??/20%/19%
Progress: 43%
Question carb counter

By any chance, is there a carb/nutrition counter website in German? Something similar to Fitday.com?

I just started and sometimes I don't know how to translate the foods to English.

I share everyone's frustration with the scarce labeling. Seems like Germans don't really care what they eat, so they don't care about the labels! Anyway, I just end up not buying the product if there's no labeling.

I just started with Atkins a few days ago and I'm in a small town in southern Bavaria. Talk about no low carb help around here!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 15:13
Registered Member

Plan: strictly BFL
Stats: 183/166,4/158 Male 180 cm
BF:22%/18%/12%
Progress: 72%

Hi,
I haven't visited this site since months since I don't do any diet at the moment, in contrary I life a quite unhealthy lifestyle.

Anyway, as far as I know there is no page like fitday.com in German with local products. The ony help that I can give is that there is a software called Bodycap with 11.000 products which might be very useful for you. You can download a free trial version at their homepage.

Good luck in Bavaria where the people love potatoes and other high carb products and the people probably think that you are starving yourself to death.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 13:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 127/122/120 Female 5'3.5"
BF:??/20%/19%
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflat
Hi,
Anyway, as far as I know there is no page like fitday.com in German with local products. The ony help that I can give is that there is a software called Bodycap with 11.000 products which might be very useful for you. You can download a free trial version at their homepage.

Thanks! It works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflat
Good luck in Bavaria where the people love potatoes and other high carb products and the people probably think that you are starving yourself to death.

Thanks! I'll neeed it. My German boyfriend is going crazy already.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 15:27

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 230/193/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi all,

I'm an American living in Karlsruhe for nearly a year now. I've been doing Atkins for 2 1/2 years, but haven't done much changing for the past 1 year. Except upwards! ARGH!

I moved here from Poland actually, and it was so much easier to do LC there because it was more difficult to get junk there.

Anyway, just wanted to give a shout. Noticed someone in Stuttgart. My bf lives in Ditzingen so I'm out there once in a while. But we prefer Karlsruhe.

I just found pork rinds at Karstadt (I'm sure I paid through the nose for them, but oh well! Don't have a car to get to Walmart).

Ok, gotta go, but would love to hear from people!

Tschuess!

Chris
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-05, 14:10
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Just jumping in and saying Hello!
I'm not in Germany now, but probably will be by September...

Before staying here for a year due to school, I used to visit twice a year - I found Germany pretty easy to low carb in, the fresh produce there is much high quality than in the US (thus, more appetizing), the cheeses are to die for What makes it hard is that the baked goods are so delicious it's hard to stay away.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-05, 14:25
Registered Member

Just responding to the question post below.....

If you would decide on buying low carb products online in Germany:

*Which lc products (or type of products) would you like to see?
Stevia
Low Carb tortillas
Shiritake noodles (an asian noodle with about 3 carbs per cup.. all fiber, besides that they have no nutrition!)
I have no problem buying ANY food online, given the price is competitive and it is a quality item.

*Which lc products would you never buy online?
The ones I'd have to pay a lot in shipping for. Sometimes the shipping isn't worth it. I'd also probably never go for the fake breads and keto products, I've tried them and they don't taste good. What's the point? I'd have some delicious veggies or cheese any day.

**What services would you hope for?
Decent shipping price and time period where it reached my house.
A customer service address which actually responds to concerns
Proper receipt and possible tracking of package
Refund or replacement for damaged or spoiled goods

**Would you pay by credit card?
Yes

**Would you pay in advance?
Yes

**Within how many days would you expect to receive your goods?
Depends on how much I paid - if I chose the cheapest rate, then within 14 days. (10 work days)

**Do you have any other advice for me?
Advertise
Offer incentives.. perhaps a discount for referrals, if someone makes a first time purchase over $40 then the person who referred them gets a 5% discount, over $100 then a 25% discount...
Try to make the prices competitive.. I know it is difficult with low carb products but it's a major put off to see, for example, those delicious little "just the cheese" bites in a TINY package selling for $2.99. There is no way I'd buy it.
Orders might be bigger if other things are offered as well.. once your business grows. For example, flax seed is something I can get anywhere.. but if it's competitively priced I might as well get it while I'm ordering from your site. Other things of interest to dieters - green tea, vitamins - although I believe supplements are more regulated in Germany than the US - Maybe strips for measuring ketosis, and a variety of low carb books?
Supplements such as low carb whey protein powder and caffeine, esp for the people who work out.

**And finally: Considering the price/products/services are right, would you consider buying from me store?

Definitely.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, May-08-05, 01:03

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: -/-/- Female 168cm
BF:
Progress:

Bonjour from France, I'm starting ATKINS today, after having tried WW many times. It works but takes too much time to lose weight and with summer coming up...I don't have time! Does anyone know where I can buy low carb and ATKINS products in France?
  #24   ^
Old Mon, May-09-05, 03:55

Stats: 238/200/140 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi Martine,

I used to get my Atkins products through Supermass, but they have eliminated most of them from their website. No problem though, since I was able to find a Dutch website that delivers Europe-wide. Here is the French link for you: http://www.lowcarbstore.be/fr/

I hope this helps!

Happy low-carbing!
  #25   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 11:40

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/242/154 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb

Hi all! I'm new here but I have some news for you. I found a great low carb on-line store. The down side, it's in Holland but they ship in Germany. I live in frankfurt and the postal cost to here are 12EUR. They deliver within 5 days. The url is
http://www.mijnwinkel.nl/shop16776/productlist1/

they have been great so far.

Cheers
Vesna

P.S Stay away from the carbophobia products except for the belgian chocolate cake and the "original bread mix" eberything else is unbelivebly discusting!
  #26   ^
Old Sat, May-14-05, 14:44
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine47
Bonjour from France, I'm starting ATKINS today, after having tried WW many times. It works but takes too much time to lose weight and with summer coming up...I don't have time! Does anyone know where I can buy low carb and ATKINS products in France?

To lose weight FASTEST just stick to the basics - cheeses, meats and vegetables - which I imagine you can find anywhere. Low carb specialty products generally don't help with the weight loss, they're there for maintenance or for people who cannot change their lifestyle long term...Or just for something different on occasion.. Personally, I've found that I've always gone back to real food after trying the low carb products. They end up just sitting in my cupboard.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-06, 07:28

Stats: 302.0/242.5/165.3 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi ~ all,

you can also by some good things in the "real,-" market.

A lot of "Tip" Products have a "nutrition label".

0Carb Protein Powder "Power System Protein 90 Plus" 750g/Box 13,95 Euro
(Important: just the nature one is Carbfree.Vanilla and Chocolate has Carbs")

Flax seed with 0 carb "Bleib Fitt" whole grain or whole wheat flour
200g/Box 0,49Euro

Pork rinds 0 carbs --> Knabber Krusten "Xox" 50g/Bag 1,09 Euro
(They are peppered like normal Paprika Chips,the original Danish Pork rinds from Walmart not.)

Soya Milk "alpro soja" Natural without sugar and Salt 0,1g Carb per 100ml --1Liter/Box 1,68 Euro.

To Order DaVinci we use the online Shop from Buddystuff

To buy KoolAid we use American Candy.de

Well there are a lot of things you can use for a Lowcarb life.

My favorite Online Carb Counter is http://www.naehrwertrechner.de/
or http://www.index-essen.de/

Greetings from Hockenheim
Sabinemaus
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-06, 07:33
Registered Member

Hi Sabinemaus!! Hehe I am a Megmaus.. just saying hello from Erlangen
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 06:10

Plan: ATKINS INDUCTION AGAIN
Stats: 68.5/65.9/58 Female 170cm
BF:37.5
Progress: 25%

Last edited by pipsqueak : Fri, Mar-31-06 at 10:43.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-06, 13:58

Stats: 190/159/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Guten Tag!
i just found out, I have tickets for some World Cup games! Of course my first thought was: what am I going to drink there?
Can anyone tell me if I can expect to find mixed drinks most places? I really don't want to drink beer.
Do they have Diet Red Bull there? Is it common? How do you say "club soda" or "seltzer" there? Vodka and mineral water, maybe?

I am sure I'm going to have a lot of questions in the near future. I am going to check out that German forum listed above, but may want to ask some advice for useful phrases that aren't in any guidebooks..."is that breaded?" "Is there sugar in that?"

I took some German in high school. I sure hope it comes back to me.
- -
on edit: I went to atkinsforum.de and found this:

Daheim mach ich mir auch manchmal Wodka-Red Bull Sugar Free. Hat keine Kohlehydrate und schmeckt lecker

so there's one question answered already!

Last edited by binki : Tue, Apr-04-06 at 15:22.