Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-09-15, 19:12

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 235/169/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default Dr. Eric Westman's Patients...

Who else is a patient of Dr. Eric Westman?

I see him at the HEAL Clinic in Durham at Southpointe and I'm interested in connecting and sharing with others who see him either at the HEAL Clinic or at his Clinic at Duke. There is so much information about our woe and lifestyle and I would like to connect with those who talk directly with him as I do. He and I were talking today about how confusing the information on the web is about his point of view and just living Page 4.

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-10-15, 05:07

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Hi Sarah,
I saw him 2011-12 at the Lifestyle clinic, but now only occasionally attend the support group and remain active in LC and Paleo world through this forum and other FB pages, etc. My version of his diet has always been with added Paleo rules for health reasons. I was at the meeting Tuesday with my two guests from DHF and live in the same town as you.

The LC support group FB page is a bloody mess, and I have told him so from day one when that Duncan Lewis video was posted at the top. I have always felt questions, answers and recipes should be completely based on Page 4 (there are zillions of other FB pages and forums for generic LC like this one!) but they wanted to open it up anyone vaguely LC. Many strict Westman clinic plan users don't post on that FB page anymore because of all the misinformation there. He needs to maintain better control of his message and social media network, but now it is a very scattered and loose volunteer effort. The doctors who do keep control of their message and information have social media professionals or "blog reply associates", as used by Dr Davis. He could start by having that class video removed, which has MISinformation on its YouTube Page. He should reshoot a class professionally, and only have his own information, e.g. link to the booklet on Amazon, below it. Even easier, he could right now replace it with the 16 minute Adapt Video.

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Nov-10-15 at 06:49.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-10-15, 06:00

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Hi Sarah,

The LC support group FB page is a bloody mess.

I don't live anywhere near Dr Westman so I don't see him but I did join the FB group and it is a bloody mess. I had high hopes for it but have pretty much given up on it. There are too many people doing their own thing without a clue what Dr Westman is about.

Jean
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-15, 07:28

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 235/169/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I also follow the Reversing Diabetes FB page as well as The Low Carb Support Group and try to glean info from the crap. That's why I'm in search of a few people who hear it from his lips since his view is so simple and others tend to make it a more difficult lifestyle than it needs to be. Thank you, Janet and Jean for chiming in.

Janet, I thought I recognized you at the last meeting at Spartacus. I sat across the room from you. I was the one that asked the question about macros and fasting. You helped me connect to that group when I first came back to Low-carb at the beginning of August and started posting here again. You are such a help to the newbies and I, for one, really appreciate the support and guidance.

I talked with him about the misinformation as well. He's appears to be somewhat disconnected from the social media aspect (as evidenced by his issues with Twitter and Periscope! ) and though he seemed to be concerned that some say they follow his woe and then say things that are contradictory or at the very least out of focus (not sure that's the right way to say it) to his plan, I did not get the feeling from him that he's going to do anything about it.

My main focus is my Type II diabetes and reversing it or minimizing it by sticking with Page 4. I would like to connect with other Type IIs in the same boat as me because it's a whole different ballgame if you're low-carbing as a lifestyle and you're not diabetic.

Thanks again for the input.