Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-17, 19:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212.0/212.0/175.0 Female 5ft 5in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Day Three and doing better

My first 2 days I was getting acquainted with LC, today I invited LC in for a nice visit. It's the closest I've been to being right on target.

Breakfast....2 eggs scrambled in a small amount of butter

Mid morning....ground chicken mixed with feta and spinach cooked like a patty and a salad of lettuce, cukes vinegar and oil

Mid afternoon...1 white meat tuna pack mixed with mayo made with avocado oil wrapped in a lettuce leaf.

Dinner....tenderloin filet, roasted brussel sprouts with parmesan cheese.

Feeling very satisfied. Even made my own breakfast sausage tonight so it wouldn't have sugar or chemical ingredients.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-17, 05:17

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Wow, your meals all sound yummy and making your own sausage very ambitious!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-17, 07:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 264/241/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Help...

I have not started yet because I am overwhelmed and do not understand what to eat, the whole net carb count, and I do not like eggs. Where can I get a menu of what to eat and how much because I would hate to start and not lose anything in the first phase because I am eating wrong. I have read the Atkins book, and see all the information on line but I was hoping for something that is more structured of what to include in each meal. Where did you get your meal information from?

Thanks,

LiLi
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-17, 08:44

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Lili, a lot of people hate on this site but it's a good list of foods for starting out. Go down the list of vegetables from the top and pick the ones you like (lowest carbs from the top) and eat those along with any of the meats and fats. You don't have to eat eggs but they are a no-brainer as the are pretty complete food. I didn't tolerate them well at first now I can have a few hear and there.

https://www.atkins.com/how-it-works.../low-carb-foods

the original poster's menu looked awesome. Copy that one for a week or so and see what happens substituting meat for eggs or something.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-17, 11:39

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi LiLi! Welcome. You've taken a great first step. I can only speak about what worked for me when I was getting started. I came into this way of eating somewhat by accident so I had virtually zero preparation.

I started very slowly and simply. I hadn't even read a book so you're way ahead of where I was. I just gave up anything sweet. No diet coke, no cookies, no sweet fruit. Nothing. And then I cut back a little on bread. In six weeks, those simple changes alone were worth about 15 pounds on me. For the first time in my life, dietary changes were actually causing me to lose (relatively) significant amounts of weight! AND I was a lot less hungry than when I was eating anything I wanted.

And so then I decided to go whole hog. I gave up bread and potato chips completely. I started to actually count my carbs. That was good for another 15 pounds. I was able to maintain most of that loss simply by keeping in mind that it was carbs, not fat, that make me hungry (and then fat). I easily and deliberately sat in the 180's for about 2 years. Not really trying to lose weight. More maintaining than anything. Then, this January, I decided to go back into ketosis.

Now, I'll be honest with you - the loss from 180 to 170 was a slow slog. And I anticipate that the trek to 160 will be even more difficult. With less weight to lose, I'm faithful to an actual plan that seems to be working for me. But, if your eating habits are anything like mine were, then simply cutting out sugar might have a huge, immediate impact. And you can ride your success from there.

Good luck - YOU can do this!

Last edited by tess9132 : Tue, Apr-04-17 at 11:44.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-17, 07:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212.0/212.0/175.0 Female 5ft 5in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

Lili, I looked up all the Atkins programs on Google, decided Atkins 72 might be a bit much, decided on Atkins 20, but stay on the light side of 20. A friend introduced me to Whole 30 and I get recipes from there too. After 4 days was down 5 lbs.