Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 08:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/310/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Climbing on for the ride !!!!!

Hi! My name is Mel. I am a 44 year old mother and grandmother of two daughters, ages 17 and 22, and two grandchildren, ages 2 and 4. I am in a lifelong relationship with a wonderful man. Everything in my life is great...except for my health. I am disabled due to FMS, osteoarthritis, degenerative bone disease, diabetes and several other ailments, *let's face it..obesity*. . I do not want to live the rest of my life feeling like this. I am way too young too feel this old *hmm isn't that a country song lol*. Anyway, I know that I would feel so much better if I could get some of this weight off of my small 5'2" frame. I weigh 310 pounds. I have the full support of my mate on changing my WOL. He loves me either way but he, like myself, knows that I would feel so much better with less weight straining my bones. I want to be able to play with my grandchildren for years to come.

So today is the first day of my new WOL. Wish me luck.

mel
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 08:23

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 310/216/225 Male 6'-4"
BF:34/20/20
Progress: 111%

Mel....

YOU ROCK!!!!

You've made the smartest decision of your adult life. Perhaps with the exception of marrying your faithful husband!

You'll find that this way of eating is very easy and you'll see the pounds melt away.

I can't stress enough to DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER! Get plenty of sleep and try to excersize every day for 20 minutes. I feel that walking for 20 minutes is the best excersize.

Keep us posted on your progress and we'll be here if you want to hang out!

Bill..........310/269/225........41 pounds...day 76

Last edited by Bill L : Fri, Jan-23-04 at 08:26.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 08:33

Stats: 156/135/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Welcome Mel!
This board is a wonderful place to learn about your new eating habits and to find support and encouragement.
The first week is the worst, but if you hang in there the first week, you'll make it. After that, you'll find that this is a very easy way to loose the weight, without being hungry. Read the book and come here often.
Good luck to you!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 08:48
Registered Member

Stats: 255/214/190 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Congatulations on a smart , yet tough, decision!

This is a friendly joint, most of us don't bite. Welcome aboard.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 08:56

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Congrats on your decision. I wish you much encouragement and good luck. You can lose on this way of eating without starving yourself and with very littel or no exercise. As you lose the weight you will gain more mobility. I believe that I have osteo-arthritis in both knees. When I began exercising my knees ached somethin' awful but after a week or two the pain dissipated. I was able to walk without pain and without any medication. So ease your way into exercising as your weightloss progresses. Give yourself some time to lose some weight for the sake of your knees then add a 5 minute walk as you grow lighter and stronger. See you again.

Black57
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 08:57

Stats: 310/310/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

but biting is soo much fun LOL j/k.
By the way, when do people chat around here or is there another way that most of you use to keep in touch besides the boards. I have msn messenger and yahoo messenger if anyone is looking for an IM buddy. Just curious.

mel
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 09:03
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Hiya Mel,

Welcome aboard! Congrats on taking the steps to a healthier you. Sometimes that is the hardest part. This is a great place with alot of terrific people....all who have walked a mile in our shoes and understand what we go and have gone through. So here's a toast to you......Cheers Mel......Looking forward to following your success!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 09:35
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

First off, welcome to the forum Mel
Whenever you need support or info theese guys are the best. I never would have made it this far without them..
LOve Angel
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 12:09

Stats: 214/204/140 Female 5'2"
BF:49%/26%/25%
Progress: 14%
Default Welcome!

Hi melody, Welcome to this board! I have found it to be wonderful!! and this diet is absolutely awesome!! I have been on many diets in my day and this one rocks...once you get over the first two weeks you will not be hungry which is sooo great compared to other diets. I have been on it for three months and have lost 40 lbs.....
Most people don't seem to chat but if you would like to let me know...I have MSN . I just have to look up my address.....

good luck...you can do it!!!!!