Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 14:54

Plan: Not low carbing anymore.
Stats: 184/152/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Zebra's Workout Log

Decided to finally start an exercise journal. Maybe this will keep me on the right track.
Started a pilates challenge some time ago, but stopped for a couple weeks due to illness. So I'll start again here. The plan is to get 30 workouts in and see if these pilates actually make a difference. Today is the beginning!

1/30
*20 Minute Workout*
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 16:05

BF:

2/30
*20 Minute Workout*
*Bun & Thigh*
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 17:12

BF:

3/30 Saturday
4/30 Sunday
5/30 Monday

Didn't check in to post my progress...so I'll do it all in this message. All of the days above were:

*20 minute*
*Bun & Thigh*
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 16:24

BF:

Wow! Guess I haven't been here for almost a year! Yikes!

Anyway, I've been working out at the gym for about 3 months now (2 hrs/day X 5 days/week). Starting to tone up a little. Thank God the jiggle factor is going down!

Today:
35 min elliptical (~400 cal)
Lifted legs
230 sit ups
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 15:35

BF:

35 min elliptical (430 cal)
Lifted arms
230 situps

Somewhere under these fat rolls, I have a crankin' body!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 23:38

BF:

15 min elliptical (HR: 165, RPM 70) that's pretty bookin' it for me!
Lifted legs
270 situps (Okay, so DH told me today that you shouldn't do more than 60 reps of situps, seriously?)
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 22:18

BF:

30 min elliptical -- for some reason it really kicked my butt today. I think I need to switch it up a bit, find something new (treadmill...bike...?)

Lifted arms -- I HATE lifting arms. No, seriously...not only do I hate arms, but it seems that's where all the guys are and I feel like I'm being watched the entire time I'm there.

270 situps -- How many of these things do I need to do before I see a difference????? I seriously think I need to start doing them on the exercise ball to give me a better "burn". Maybe tomorrow? Probably not, since I've never used a ball before, and I'll probably fall off and then I WILL be watched (with laughing people pointing at me!)
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 18:48

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

hey there...

not gonna be here often, but I will check messages....

cut those situps down...u don't need to do that many.
treat them like any other muscle, increase resistance and timing rather than the number that high. You won't see them until u have eliminated almost all the extra fat. They won't ever show until then.
Shock them with different moves if u have to, so u don't adapt. your number indicates adaptation more than anything..but I know u working ur butt off doing so. Respect !!.
Ball is a great tool for abs, I have one...and heck it occuupies my living room....also subs as a back stretcher and/or foot rest for the rest of the family, as well as a missile. 4 men u think they can resist ??

laters
pia

sorry, I didn't recognize hubby on the pic...maybe the hat...I am terrible with faces...its a darn cute shot of him, babe and dog....nice family..congrats. why are u lonely there ?? I feel so bad for you...I remember moving to Wyoming south of Jackson HOle back when...had 3 of 4 kids there. It was tuff for starters too...but the job got me integrated there. Do u work outside the home ?

Ok back to work
laters pia
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 20:26

BF:

Worked out for 2 hours today.

30 min elliptical ( ~ 400 cal)

Lifted legs

One on One Basketball and HORSE against the husband (I won both!)

Situps: 280 (I do them on the situp machine thingy, like an ab roller) Anyway, I took my hands away from the "handles" and put them on the back of my chair (like behing my head) for about 1/2 of them and really felt the burn then. I'll do that from now on. Not sure I'm ready for the ball yet? I'd probably fall off and make a scene!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 20:31

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hey just checkin in....not much for TV

Not really getting much spring cleanin done yet. Shits just comes up left and right. At least got lawn raked a bit...but ooooh the back yard.....locust trees and such..

anyway....YOU ARE READY FOR THE BALL...if this old mama can handle it so can you. Its easy for balance and so much fun. It also feels darn good on the back.

As far as abs...u may want to google and see what all is out there...it would take me a week to type all the variations out.
Oxygen mag had a special out last month with just ab stuff in it. Who knows maybe someone still has one...it was called a collectors issue.

Also to make things tougher go slow on the burn and hold for a few...you will know. Get a medicine ball when u buy the big one and u can use it as resistance if you are that adapted to reg. ones. There is a ab boot camp ...do a google on that.

Like I said you really won't see your abs until ur bf % is way down. And since us gals lose weight different than guys you will look kinda wobbly in that section before tightning up. Even though fat comes off evenly, we notice the losses from the top down so it seems, only because our fat tissue is made up different and we have more going on south than guys. Just don't give up on them, tight is still better than jello...

On the low carb foods....yeah the only one who has anything left is Wayne and Marys. Wally world sold theirs for a buck a box just to get rid of them all. Now all they have is the entire box of some kinds. Advantage was my fave too btw.
So all I have been getting really is the 3 carb bread and Wayne and Marys. Thats my treat.

Well gotta check one other then prob off to bed. I am so bushed...I tried a 2 day carb up with easter and all...NEVER again....I was just miserable. Will stick to tkd, much easier on the body.

Laters
bu
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 23:21

BF:

Workout today was late due to Ellis being sick. They won't take sick kids in daycare, so I had to wait for the hubby to get home. I ate before the gym, and then felt heavy during my cardio. Ick. Struggled through it tho.

30 min elliptical
Lifted legs
150 sit-ups (much less than normal...but more efficient) also did some on the BALL! and I didn't even fall off!

Saw a glimpse of my *ss in the mirror and about freaked! It's still huge and not only is it wide, but it also sticks out! What's up with that? You would think with all the lunges I do, it would be decreasing in size...think again.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 08:43

BF:

Another late workout last night. I'm surprised at how busy the gym is at 8:00 PM.

Cardio: Treadmill 30 minutes (I tried to run the whole way, but it kicked my butt, so I switched on and off from running/walking)
Elliptical 20 minutes (I felt guilty about the treadmill)

Liftet Arms/Back

150 situps (some on ball, some with hands behind seat, some reverse on the mat).

Might be able to work out during the day today, as the hubby is working from home.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 00:17

BF:

Cardio: 30 minutes elliptical
Random, Level 2

(kicked my butt again..but then I had some skinny chick next to me practically sprinting)

Lifted Legs and upped the poundage. Okay, so I have really big hamstrings and I want them to shrink. I want that nice cute lean leg, not some ex-athlete bulbous leg!

150 setups
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 23:24

BF:

Worked out late tonight (again).

Cardio: 35 minutes elliptical (Random, Level 2, ~430 cal)
Lifted both Legs and Arms (mostly because I wasn't able to go yesterday, and most likely won't get the chance to go tomorrow).
I'm exhausted!
Edited: forgot to post sit-ups
150 situps.

Last edited by Zebra : Sat, Apr-02-05 at 10:04.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 13:04
SenseShine

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hey there, Brenda!
Glad to see you (re)started your gym log! You're funny. I about laughed when you talked about some skinny chick sprinting next to you and also about feeling guilty on the treadmill . . . only because I can completely relate to you! Hahahaha!

There are times after a really hard leg workout that I can barely even do a brisk walk on the treadmill for 15 minutes before I want to get off! But I can't get off the treadmill only after such a brief time, so I just keep on walking and then trying to get in some sprinting and jogging. Except one day last week, where I felt guilty after only spending 15 min. on the treadmill (legs were just KILLING me after my leg workout!) so I hit the elliptical for 15 and then the recumbent bike for 30 min.

Now, after two months of combining weight training and cardio in one day, I'm going to go back to my old schedule of doing cardio one day and weights the next. My weekends are my cheat days and also my OFF days from the gym (wee-haw!).

Keep up the great work, Brenda!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote