Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-08, 10:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Well, yesterday was hectic so I didn't get to do any exercise. I hope to tonight. Thanks for the advice RM. What other aerobics would you suggest? She already has us doing the boxing thing & jump rope, so off hand I can't think of another of about same intensity.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-08, 18:06

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

You could sub the jumprope. If you go to shred 2 there are quite a few new moves. Skaters from 2 might be a good one to substitute.
Honestly it is pretty intense exercise and I cant see a thing wrong with doing it every other day.
  #123   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 14:41

Stats: 182.4/175.8/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 13%

OH my GOSH! Ok gals so I read this thread like a MONTH ago (and was SO impressed with you I ordered it!) and've been waiting for my DVD ever since.

I got it yesterday and did my first shred - whew! I've been a gym goer, a swimmer, been running stairs, and have been riding my bike all over this summer - and none of it prepared me for this! HA! I feel like my treadmill and eliptical trainer and bike have all been easy street and I didn't even know it! Granted, at least I do have some cardiovascular strenght to keep me going but DANG DANG DAAAANG am I sore today!

I love it! I feel ALL of my muscles yelling at me! And it's just like you all said when you first started - I kept thinking I'd have to stop or take a break because I thought I was going to flop over - but she keeps you going and it IS possible. True though I think the last set of crunches I slacked of on two of them, it was just too much pain, but only for a SECOND and I was back to it. She seems to be really inspiring.

So anyways, here I am, Hi !!
  #124   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 06:38

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 158/136/140 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 122%

Lindystar that is great! I'm glad you like Shred. In the beginning, doing level 1 I was thinking there was no way in hell I'd be able to move up to level 2 or 3. But within a couple weeks of consistently doing level 1, my endurance levels had increased so much that I was ready to take on level 2 and then 3 and so on. Shred is a great workout. I love Jillian's attitude because she pushes you to do your best.
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-08, 11:43

Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Well I made it through the warm up and 1st 2 exercises. Then was completely weak all over. I hope to try it again, sometime.
  #126   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-08, 05:13

BF:

THANK YOU H20 !!! You're an inspiration you know? If your body can do it then mine should too right? Now the mind is a different matter.... lol, but I just have to think about how COOL it would be to be able to do level 3. How proud I'd be you know? I hope you're proud of yourself
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-08, 06:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindystar
THANK YOU H20 !!! You're an inspiration you know? If your body can do it then mine should too right? Now the mind is a different matter.... lol, but I just have to think about how COOL it would be to be able to do level 3. How proud I'd be you know? I hope you're proud of yourself

Thank you. I thought I was a complete weakling but after doing Shred for several weeks, I almost felt like I did when I was very atheletic way back in my school days. The fact that (the main workout portion) is only twenty minutes long is a bonus because just when you think you can't take the pain, you look at the clock and realize the workout is almost over and you're asking yourself where did the time go?!
  #128   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-08, 08:03

BF:

That really is so true, my first couple of times (before I got the pattern down) I HONESTLY thought I was only about half way through when she mentioned cooling down.

It sure as heck beats me going to the gym for an hour and a half every day. I imagine I don't burn quite as many calories but if I see some SHAPING for a change I'm gonna be thrilled! And besides, we lo-carbers aren't so worried about the dang calories anyways right?

YAY for SHREDDING!!
  #129   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-08, 11:56

Plan: LC/IF
Stats: 180/173.8/150 Female 5'9"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 21%

I'm SO glad I guys have this 30 Day Shred thread going!

I'm a shredder, too, ya'll! I've done 11 Level 1 workouts and will be doing my 12th today. Unfortunately, I didn't measure myself before I started, so I don't know where I was then, but here are my current measurements...
Waist: 31.5"
Hips: 42.5"
R. Thigh: 26.5"
Bust: 38.5"

My plan is to do Level 1 for 30 days, then Level 2 for 30, then Level 3 for 30. That way I will have 90 of these bad boys under my belt with the hopes that I will see a huge difference by then!

I was crazy sore in my thighs the first few workouts - so bad that I was just a moanin' and a groanin' whenever I had to go down my stairs or sit down anywhere, but I made myself do 3 days in a row before taking my first day break. Last week I did 5 in a row, then a 2 day break. This week I plan on doing 6 in a row with Sunday off. This is how I plan on going for the rest of my 90 days.

Jillian rocks! I love how much this makes me sweat - I feel like I've really done something good for my body after each workout. I also feel that really spent feeling after the workouts - it takes maybe 30 -60 minutes for me to feel pretty normal again. Just goes to show that this workout truly kicks butt! My husband has started doing it with me several days a week and is impressed at how great a workout it is, too!

I'll keep ya'll posted on our progress!
  #130   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-08, 12:49

Plan: LC/IF
Stats: 180/173.8/150 Female 5'9"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 21%

Just did my 12th Level 1 workout - it was so an UGH! workout today!!! I entertained a brief moment of thought about stopping before it was over, but I made myself press on. I'm sweating like a little (or big, really) piggy and am glad I made it through today.

Oh, by the way, I didn't mention this in my previous post, but even though I didn't measure myself at the very beginning, I DO feel some small change in my body thus far.
  #131   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-08, 21:54

Plan: various plans
Stats: 209/187/131 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 28%

This thread has really inspired me. You girls have been doing wonderfully! I have the DVD and will start tonight.

I'm off to do measurements, exercise, and hyrdrate... I'll be back to edit how it goes! Wish me luck!!

ETA:
Oh my gosh! That was so hard!! The jumping jacks were the worst for me. I'm so glad it's only 20 minutes long... I couldn't have done more. It feels good though. I can do this. Thanks for getting me motivated to start.

Day 1:
wt. :204
Bust : 46
Rib cage : 35.5
Waist :38.25
Hips : 48
Thighs : 27

I'm hoping my waist will eventually be the same size as my thighs are!! LOL!

Last edited by Saffronly : Thu, Jul-31-08 at 22:43.
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 04:53

BF:

Alright Saffronly! and 27Peach !! I'm glad to have more talkers on here Saffronly I'm just starting too, I did it once last week but then got busy with packing for a move - BUT - I'd really like to start up again - how about TODAY!!?? Are you with me? Let's do it ok? Ok!!!
  #133   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 06:01

Plan: various plans
Stats: 209/187/131 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 28%

I'm withyou, Lindystar! Though, I'm a bit disgusted this morning... my weight went in the wrong direction. AND my arms, shoulders, thighs, and calves, hurt!!! Never mind... no pain, no gain, as they use to say!!

Have a great day everyone!!
  #134   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 06:13

BF:

So great to see so many new Shredders - welcome to you all! You'll find that Shred is a great workout that actually works, even though it is only 20 minutes long. And if you stick with it, you will see results, gauranteed. Even though at first it may seem as though the scale is moving in the wrong direction, take heart and pay attention to your measurements - those inches are melting off even though the scale may not be showing it.

Cheers!

H20
  #135   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-08, 05:18

BF:

Saffronly - I swear the scale ALWAYS goes up after I start up a new exercise regimen, or work really hard. There must be something scientific about it, heck if I know though, maybe the body retains water or something to help with repairs. But I get you, you're thinking "holy CRAP I worked hard last night I can't wait to see the scale!" And it goes up. AAAAAAAAaaannnndddd SHIT. I'll feel crappy for the rest of the day even though I know better. Give it a day or two, if your diets right your body will adjust and go down. Heck you might even get a WHOOSH!!

And Thank You for the encouragement or lovely Goddess! I am SO going to have to go and get a tape measure!

Last edited by lindystar : Sat, Aug-02-08 at 06:36.