Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: How were you diagnosed with Candida?
Self-diagnosed/spit test 28 73.68%
Naturopathic (ND) diagnosis 6 15.79%
Allopathic (MD) diagnosis 8 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 05:52

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 258.5/244.5/180 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Guys guys guys,

Im already on hardcore vitamin D supplementation.

Im already on the bandwagon, dont need to preach to the converted.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 07:27

Plan: Atkins-SCD
Stats: 125/99.5/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 170%

How much and what form of vitamin D are you taking? It makes a big difference. The RDA is 400 IU which is way too low. They figured it to prevent rickets in infants. You might need a double-triple dose or more. I started taking vitamin D in the form of cod liver oil, 2 tbs a day two days ago and I can already feel the difference. Most everybody is vitamin D deficient as we are told to avoid the sun like the plague. Make sure you take the natural D3 wich is in cod liver oil and eggs. I assume not many people eat liver and organ meats.

The Weston A. Price foundation has good info on vitamins.
http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnu...ifications.html

Cod liver oil also helps with the candida problem, not to mention the omega 3-s!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 05:58

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 258.5/244.5/180 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Im on 8000 or so IU in the form of D3.

I'm also eating eggs, but not cod liver oil.

I also go tanning about once a week.

I'm getting my stores up. Seeing as I felt a LOT less tired when I went on a cruise to florida and since I've gotten back to friggin upstate new york I've been tired and cranky, I might up the supplementation just a bit as well.

I'll look into the cod liver oil.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 06:54

Plan: Atkins-SCD
Stats: 125/99.5/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 170%

It seems you are getting fairly enough D. be carfeul with the tanning booth, though. It's not the same as natural UVB.
Cod liver oil has a lot of A, too. Too much vitamin A can be a problem depending on the brand. Some manufacturers remove vitamin A and D during distillation and add synthetic vitamins to meet the RDA-s.
As far as I know Nordic Naturals and Garden of Life don't add syhtetic vitamins. They only have what is naturally in the oil. natural vitamin A is not toxic even in high quantities.
I like CLO because it takes care of the A, D and omega 3-s at the same time and don't have soy oil to deal with. (hopefully?)
Also, my BM-s have improved with it's use.
I'm not sure if there is a thread here about vitamin A or cod liver oil... I have to do a search.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 11:10

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Interesting thread about yeast overgrowth. I believe that regular physicians, most of them, don't recognize it as an illness at all. But I do belive that it is a result of not adding good bacteria as well as not killing the bad bacteria. Unfortunately, the diet I cannot stand and because I have severe depression trying to eliminate too many carbs makes me worse. I try to stay away from cheese and things that cause a breakout or hives, but sometimes I must say I simply forget because I buy them for my daughter. As soon as I consume one thing, the symptoms are back three fold... I have tried everything, including dyflucan and nystatin and they worked short-term. But as soon as I consumed one thing, the symptoms returned. I am now trying supplements to improve my immune system... I also think that peri/meno has a huge impact on the yeast, as well as other things like diabetes, metal in the mouth, etc...

It is daunting to have this yeast thing and not be able to live a semi-normal life...but I have hope for once in a long time... I am using VCO and OOO that seem to be helping kill the bacteria.. The problem is that until we kill off the CAUSE OF THE YEAST, the yeast will continue to thrive...whatever that is????