Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 12:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/176/180
BF:
Progress: 108%
Default I though this was cool !!

Hey Folks

It so happens that when I started Atkins I was wearing a belt where I had to make an extra hole at the end because I was so big. Well....when I started losing weight, of course I kept going down a hole as my waist got thinner. So aside from the scale, I used the holes on my belt to monitor my progress.

It so happens that today is my 8 month anniversary on Atkins and do you know what I had to do? I had to make another hole..........BUT THIS TIME ON THE INSIDE!!!!!!

Sure I can go buy another belt, but this one is a visual confirmation of how far I have come. I know soon the belt will be worn and I will break down and get a new one, but I will not throw this one away.

I thought that was cool
See Ya
Mike

http://hometown.aol.com/mrabinow/myhomepage/index.html
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 12:46
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Woo hoo! Definately keep the belt! What a great story!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 12:50

Stats: 311/216/185 Male 5" 9'
BF:
Progress: 75%

Congratulations !

I sure would hang on to that belt to. As for me I took the largest set of pants I had to wear and hung them on the wall in my workout room.
Any time I think about not doing another set or an extra rep. I just look at those pants for inspiration and manage to push myself a little furter,
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 13:25

Stats: 160/160/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

THAT'S WONDERFUL!!! I got so emotional reading your success story - it really does motivate me to press on with this! I am so VERY HAPPY for you

Desiree
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 13:34

Stats: 160/160/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

Mike, I just looked at your before and after pics and all I can say is ...THEY ARE PHENOMENAL!!!! My fiance weighs about as much as you did when you started Atkins. I really would like him to try this but he wont budge (he says he's going to try a different kind of diet); my hope is that he'll see great results with me that he will want to do this too. I'm also going to show him your great pics - you are such an INSPIRATION!

If you don't mind my asking, what is your height? I am trying to figure out if my fiance has the same body structure. If I'm getting too nosy please let me know.

Desiree
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 14:35
Registered Member

Stats: 223/193/185
BF:
Progress: 79%

I was doing the same thing but the darn belt was getting too long and I had to tuck it in too many loops. So I broke down and bought another one.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 20:51

Stats: 230/176/180
BF:
Progress: 108%

Desiree......I am 5'10"