Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 10:48

Plan: my own
Stats: 225/208/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
I wanted to try to orange creamsicle but so far have not found orange soda made with splenda.

Diet Rite - orange, white grape, etc - all awesome, all made with Splenda
available at Walmart and Albertsons

We used to also find it at one of our drug stores, I think Bartell's, but they don't have those here in Phx.

I was thinking no one sold Diet Rite anymore til I realized it's just cause we never shop at Walmart or Albertsons. Our regular groceries don't have it.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 11:00

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

I'm in heaven! lol. I ate meat all day yesterday, only meat, beautiful meat; I felt better and better as the day went by. Lost half a pound for my effort, yeah! This morning, I had two soft boiled eggs with butter. Yeah, I am in heaven!
  #108   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 11:01
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Diet Rite makes tangerine too, I think. That should work!
  #109   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 12:22

Plan: PaNu (lacto-paleo) & VLC
Stats: 267/235.2/195 Male 71 inches
BF:40/35/20
Progress: 44%

Way to go Fauve!

I think this plan may be working for me because I am an ideal candidate for it. ~60 pounds overweight and the greater portion of fat is belly fat. In fact I have a "well-turned leg". My calves and thighs are practically "ripped" - at least half-way up the thigh where the SAT starts to show up. Most of my SAT is fairly close to my belly - chest, back & sides.

I guess my point is - people should ask themselves if they are really in the target audience of the book. Perhaps just doing a really clean induction or meat fast would work better for those not fitting the "profile" (so to speak).

You guys are making me jones for some Diet Rite! I usually have a peppermint patty in the morning, chocolate chocolate for lunch and now I'm having an egg nog in the afternoon.

PP - 2 scoops choc/1 vanilla whey, DaVinci choc syrup, heavy cream, egg, peppermint extract

CC - 2 scoops choc/1 vanilla whey, 1TBS dark choc powder, pinch of stevia (no egg or cream, since I hand shake at work - definitely get hungry faster)

EN - 3 scoops vanilla whey, egg, cream, rum extract, pinch of nutmeg

and of course luceine... I'm cutting out the Ribose, except on the afternoon before a gym workout. I suspect that it was driving my blood sugar too high. I know its not suposed to affect insulin, but it is still a type of sugar.

I LOVE the peppermint patty shake! The choc/choc tends to be too sweet and not satisfying (I could bring an egg and some cream and keep in fridge at work - maybe I'll try that tomorrow). The egg nog is a nice change of pace and really is close to the real thing in taste if not thickness.

I am so looking forward to starting all meat next Wednesday!

Last edited by chessnut : Thu, Sep-17-09 at 13:00.
  #110   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 14:10

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!

Stop talking about meat! I have 9 days to go on shakes!

I've been sticking with strawberry and chocolate shakes because I only have vanilla powder. I can't afford all those different flavors. I used to have a half-dozen different flavors of daVinci's, but I threw them all out last year. I wasn't using them for coffee anymore and they were too sweet. So now I'm just getting along with a packet of stevia. I'm hoping to get diet rite on Saturday and have a creamsicle!

Still feeling better but not losing more...yet. I'm pretty sure I'm not the target audience here, but I'm trying anyway. At the very least, this first couple of weeks is getting me off the carbs and the next two weeks will be more like Atkins induction, so I'm sticking with it.
  #111   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 14:58

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

How much Enova oil is recommended per day?
  #112   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 16:08
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
Stop talking about meat! I have 9 days to go on shakes!

You're supposed to eat 1 meal a day along with the 3 shakes, did you miss out on that?
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 19:51

Oops! No, I didn't miss that 1 meal a day part, Nancy.

But guess what? The motor on my blender died and I don't have the money to get a new one until October!!! I'll try my shake tomorrow without ice and with the handblender. If that's not palatable, I might have to move to weeks 3 & 4 already.
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 22:47
Experimenter

BF:

Oh noes! That's awful. Do you have an immersion blender by any chance?
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 00:32

Plan: dr. Boz Keto Continuum
Stats: 265/226/165 Female 175 centimeters
BF:53/46.8/21
Progress: 39%

I'm on day five, and yesterday was close to giving up (except I'm stubborn, so would probably have continuted, but my heart was NOT in it).

Then when I got to bed, I noticed something peculiar. I could feel the edge of my pelvis from BOTH sides! Instead of just feeling where the bone sticks out from the outer hip side, I ran my hand over my stomach toward the outside, and I felt bone!

Since I don't weigh or measure, this is a HUGE deal for me! I'm beginning to think this regimen seriously rocks!!!
  #116   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 01:04

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Does anyone know if egg protein and powdered egg whites are the same thing?

I'm looking for a good price on egg protein that claims to have no gluten. Many say, "processed in a facility that also processes wheat." Those that specify gluten-free are pretty expensive.
  #117   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 07:40

I made it to 174 today! That's down 3.5 lbs. since Sunday. Not an extravagant lb-per-day loss, but I'll take it since I'm enjoying the plan so far and don't feel ready to cave!

Now, the only problem is that broken blender....I do have an immersion blender which I used this morning with no ice. It was still good! Yay! But it doesn't have the same volume as when I use massive amounts of ice, so it doesn't fill me up quite as well. I guess I'll need to have a glass of water with it----and some of those dang supplements!

I'm soooo looking forward to getting below this weight!
  #118   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 08:05

Plan: PaNu (lacto-paleo) & VLC
Stats: 267/235.2/195 Male 71 inches
BF:40/35/20

Sara, you are rockin'! I am down 8.8 pounds in 9 days - woot! It has made a big difference in my stomach profile.

I broke my blender as well on Monday. Got a cheapo $39 Osterizer at WalMart - we'll see how long it lasts. If you partially crush the ice, the immersion blender should be okay with it. I stand over the sink with an ice cube in one hand and smack it with a metal soup spoon once or twice.

I would assume egg protein means the whole egg - which I would tend to prefer. But don't take my word for it.

We had buffalo burgers from the Organic Butcher of McLean last night. A little pricey at 6.98 a pound - but delicious. They were on sale for 2 bucks off. A nice change of pace from whatever is the cheapest thing at Safeway/Giant - like london broil for $1.99/pound. That london broil was actually quite tasty, if a little chewy.

OOPS! Sorry! I went on about meat again...
  #119   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 09:19

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Well I start week two today. My weight this morning was 292. "Officially" that means I lost 4 pounds the first week, but I really discount the first 3 as I have been hovering at 293 or so for *months* and the scale had suddenly popped up to 296 the day before I started on this plan, and then dropped back down on my first day. So I don't think of that as a "real" loss since I think that would have happened quickly anyway.

So for me the *real* loss is one pound. That seems a little meager for being starving most of the time every day. Measurements have not changed. Well actually the *net* measurements have not changed.

When I started last week it was: waist - 46", hips - 60.5"
Today it was waist - 46.5", hips - 60"
So a net wash, but with waist/hip ratio going in the wrong direction, - Well actually what I really think is that the differences are just due to measurement inaccuracies and that really my measurements have not changed at all.

Well at least not where I measured. But a couple interesting things *did* happen to me. Yesterday I wore a pair of slacks I had not worn in a couple weeks as they had started to feel a little snug on me. But when I put them on yesterday they seemed to fit much better and were clearly feeling roomier about the thighs.

And last night in choir one of the women said to me "boy, you are still losing weight, aren't you?" - even though the*scale* has not really changed in MONTHS. So maybe things are happening internally that the scale is not showing yet? Well I can live in hope. I need it since here I am starving to death again after just having my breakfast shake an hour ago.
  #120   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 09:41

Plan: Organic Dukan Attack
Stats: 132/129.4/116 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Debbie, not to get too nosy, but are you perhaps an example of someone who needs hormone balancing in order to get results? Eades talks about that repeatedly on his blog and mentions it again in the book. I think I may need to do that too.

My weight is low, but I am only 5 feet tall and I look truly pudgy, so I really want to get back closer to my goal weight. Add to that the hot flashes and insomnia and I have decided that it may be time to pursue hrt, something I have resisted a long time.