Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 03:06

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default detoxing?

I have been attacking my candida with supplements, and recently started taking primal defence... well, I dunno if this is a full on sign of it working, but i sure am detoxing! I have pimples phlegminess, heaadaches, and extreme exhaustion... it said on the blurb that I could feel "flu like" but I poo-pooed the idea, thinking it would be nothing compared to the initial LC detox... but WHOA.. this is really something. What do y'all think?
Doods
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 03:23

Plan: My own
Stats: 235/186/135
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default MAKES SENSE TO ME!

ACCORDING TO A LOT OF WHAT I READ AND HEARD, YOU SEEM TO BE EXPERIENCING "DIE OFF". APPARENTLY, THE CANDIDA DOESN'T LIKE GOING WITHOUT A FIGHT, SO YOU FEEL 10 TIMES WORSE BEFORE YOU GET BETTER. OH JOY

POOR YOU, HOW AWFUL! WHAT IS THIS STUFF YOU ARE TAKING? THE ONLY SPECIFICALLY-FOR-CANDIDA SUPPLEMENT I HAVE SEEN (AT HOLLAND & BARRETT), CALLED "YEAST RAIDERS" HAS ACIDOPHILLUS AS WELL AS AN ANTI-FUNGAL IN IT, SO GUESS WHAT HAPPENS? MY "COLONIC HYDROTHERAPIST" WOMAN TOLD ME THAT THE ANTI-FUNGAL (CAPRYLIC ACID) KILLS THE ACIDOPHILUS. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? *AND* IT COSTS £17 FOR A MONTH'S SUPPLY! THANK GOODNESS I WAS TOO MEAN TO BUY IT!

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER *SOON*
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 03:27

BF:

yeah, I have wondered about the caprylic acid killing pro-biotics thing too... I wonder will anyone else be able to shine some light on this for us. In the mean time, I am just going to act like the drama queen I am, and moan and groan on the sofa and make my husband run around in circles for me .
Doods
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 04:05

BF:
Wink YOU GO GIRL!

HUSBANDS ARE HANDY THINGS TO HAVE AROUND, AREN'T THEY?

I LOOK FORWARD TO MORE INFORMATION ON ALL OF THIS. I WANT *RID* OF THE CANDIDA, *NOW*! CALL ME LAZY, BUT THE M.S. REALLY *IS* ENOUGH FUN FOR ME TO HANDLE

WELL, IT'S 11 A.M.; I GUESS IT'S JUST ABOUT BREAKFAST TIME
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 04:30

BF:
Default Re: YOU GO GIRL!

Quote:
Originally posted by lossiebeth
*NOW*! CALL ME LAZY, BUT THE M.S. REALLY *IS* ENOUGH FUN FOR ME TO HANDLE

D

I like you... What are you having for brekkie?
Doods.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 06:37

BF:
Default BREKKIE FOR ME

WELL, TODAY IT IS A REAL "AMERICAN'S BREAKFAST". NO, NOT THE WHOLE WORKS, BUT 200 GMS. OF TOFU, BLENDED WITH 2TSPS. EQUIVALENT OF SWEET-N-LO (AMERICAN GRANULATED SWEETER-NO ASPARTAME), A GOOD DOLLOP OF ATKINS MAPLE SYRUP (ORDERED WHEN I WAS ON HOLIDAY OVER THERE-CONSITENCY OF WATER, BUT WHAT THE HELL? IT HAS NO CARBOS AND NO CALORIES) AND A WEE BIT OF CREAM TO SMOOTH IT OUT. IT'S LOVELY, BUT I'M GOING TO CRY WHEN THE ATKINS SYRUP RUNS OUT, WHICH WILL BE SOON

BREAKFAST IS A TRIAL TO ME. I'D RATHER SKIP IT, BUT THEN I JUST EAT MORE THE REST OF THE DAY, SO I MIGHT AS WELL.

I NEED TO WIN THE LOTTO SO I CAN AFFORD ALL THIS EXPENSIVE AMERICAN STUFF. IF I'D KNOWN I WAS GOING TO FIND SUCH A GOOD USE FOR THE MAPLE SYRUP I'D HAVE BROUGHT MORE HOME!

I NEED TO SEE IF I CAN FIND SOME MAPLE FLAVOURING OR OTHER GOOD ONES. I HAVEN'T TRIED VANILLA ESSENCE IN IT YET, THOUGH IT MIGHT WELL BE LOVELY. I WONDER IF A SPOON OF COFFEE MIGHT BE ALRIGHT...*ANYTHING* TO MAKE THE TOFU MORE PALATABLE!

FOR BREAKFAST, I USED TO EAT SHREDDED WHEAT WITH SOYA MILK AND A PIECE OF BUTTERED TOAST. IT WASN'T EXCITING BUT I LOVED IT. ALL THOSE LOVELY CARBOS!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 06:53

BF:
Default P.S.

I MEANT TO ASK, WHAT IS IN THIS "PRIMAL DEFENCE" STUFF, AND WHERE DO YOU GET IT?

YOU AND I REALLY NEED TO MOVE TO THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND, OR THE STATES; BETWEEN THE TWO PLACES, THEY SEEM TO HAVE EVERYTHING I AM ASSUMING IRELAND IS ABOUT AS LC FRIENDLY AS THE NORTH OF SCOTLAND. AM I BLASPHEMING, OR IS THAT ABOUT RIGHT?