Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 12:08

Plan: My own
Stats: 235/186/135
BF:
Progress: 49%
Thumbs up Colonic Hydrotherapy-who'd Have Thunk It?

AMAZINGLY, FOR THE N.H.S, I HAVE A DOCTOR WHO IS VERY HOLISTICALLY ORIENTED. SHE IS THE ONE WHO SUGGESTED I HAVE CANDIDA, SHE REFERRED ME OT THE LOCAL SUPPORT GROUP, AND MADE A FEW SUGGESTIONS FOR THAT AS WELL AS THE M.S.

ONE SUGGESTION WAS COLONIC HYDROTHERAPY. I FINALLY WORKED UP THE NERVE (AND THE MONEY) TO ARRANGE IT, AND MY APPOINTMENT WAS TODAY. WELL, IT WAS INTERESTING! I HAVE GOT TO SAY THAT IT IS *NOT* THE WAY I WOULD CHOOSE TO SPEND MY TIME, BUT I DO FEEL BETTER.

SHE KEPT FINDING "POCKETS OF CANDIDA" AND SAID MY SYSTEM IS RIFE WITH IT. THE THING IS, SHE FLUSHED TONS OF IT OUT! WHEN SHE FINISHES, SHE PUTS IN SOME BIFIDOPHILUS, TO REPLACE GOOD BACTERIA THAT GETS FLUSHED OUT BY THE CLEAR OUT. NEAT.

SHE TOLD ME TO TAKE PLENTY OF PSYLLIUM HUSKS FOR THE NEXT WEEK, THEN COME BACK. SHE SAID THAT THE FIRST SESSION GETS THE "SURFACE" STUFF, BUT IT IS LIKE WHEN YOU HAVE A PAN WITH BAKED ON GUNGE. YOU HAVE TO SOAK IT, USE SOME STEEL WOOL, AND THEN GO BACK TO IT. SHE SAID THE PSYLLIUM IS LIKE THE STEEL WOOL, AND BY NEXT WEEK, I WILL HAVE "SCRAPED OFF" ENOUGH TO GET A BETTER CLEAR OUT THEN.

AFTER THAT, SHE HOPES THAT ONCE EVERY FEW MONTHS WILL SUFFICE TO HELP.

THE THING IS, IT NEVER *DAWNED* ON ME THAT YOU CAN HELP CANDIDA FROM THE BOTTOM (LITERALLY!) UP. I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL FROM THE TOP DOWN (DIET, SUPPLEMENTS, ETC.). I AM NOT SAYING SHE WILL CURE ME, BUT IT WILL SURELY HELP.

NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS FIGURE OUT TO TELL MY HUSBAND THAT I NEED ANOTHER SESSION IN A WEEK!
Sponsored Links