Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-17-05, 11:02
I'm gonna make it!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/265/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerucaSalt
I am sure that there are a multitude of people ready and able to tear my post apart because I wasnt strong enough or smart enough to be able to maintain your low carb lifestyle and have long term success without a surgical tool.

I won't tear you apart. My Mother also had a Gastric Bypass. After doing many diets over the years. My Mom was a low carb lady, she watched everything she ate, but just couldn't lose the weight. At 5' 2" she was close to 300 pounds. After a heart attack and many years of struggling with high blood pressure her doctors urged her to have the proceedure. And let me tell you it isn't easy for her now. She has lost down to an ideal weight but she still can't eat. Because they changed her digestive track she has to deal with dumping and other problems. She has to take nutrients and supplements. I can tell you Surgery has helped my Mom to become thin but her willpower and strength will help her stay that way.