Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-01, 16:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/140/115
BF:
Progress:
Default no weight loss

i am concerned because i have been on atkins since 08-16 and have not seen any difference. does it matter if two separate nights i ate two bites of a non-sugar, non-dairy, non-wheat muffins. heeeelpppp! this is scary. i mean, what am i doing wrong? could it be the Brie cheese? the peanut butter?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-01, 17:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default the Atkins "bible"

If you're doing Atkins, you've got the book and you've read that the induction can take up to 2 weeks AND you're counting carbs in everything, right?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-01, 17:58

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

in my case, most of my weight in the 2-week induction was lost the 2nd week... 1st week was an adjustment.. so i wouldn't worry.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-01, 22:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Gungun, you don't have much to lose. I know it SEEMS like a lot (we're the same height and about the same weight), but really, it isn't! People who lose the most quickly are generally the ones with the most TO lose, and also, men tend to lose more quickly than women.

I've been lowcarbing for 10 months now, and I've lost about 25 pounds - an average of 2.5 pounds a month. It's not lightening-fast, but it is steady, and it's maintainable over the long haul, which low-calorie dieting definitely is not!

I lost two pounds on Induction. Be patient, it'll happen! Oh, and I'd nix the peanut butter if I were you; it's fairly carby, and who can stop at just a teaspoon?

Rachel
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 00:29

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Give Induction a Chance

Welcome gungun

I didn't even dare to weigh myself until after the two week were up. And then it was a wonderful surpise to have lost over 8lb. Not easy to do ... I know.

You might find it helpful to start a journal. Look through some of the ones in Bootcamp and decide if u wish to keep a proper track of your own.

Finally both weight and measurements are important. It is good to have a record of both before you started.

Rachel is right about those with less to lose being slower.
Take care.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 12:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/140/115
BF:
Progress:
Smile no weight loss

dear fiona, r.mines, bluugirl and island girl,

your replies are very sweet. thank you.

i feel better now. yes, i had a feeling about the peanut butter but the atkins booklet mentions it as one of the allowable snacks. ("celery sticks with peanut butter"). anyhow, i think i might have eaten hidden sugar carbs in that very peanut butter. also, maybe i need to have a really low carb level, maybe less than 20gms. a day. cause that's just me.

i don't mind if i lose 25lbs in 10 months. just as long as i do lose it. i am not doing any aerobic exercise mind you. just Yoga.

but thanks all of you. maybe i also need to eat less of that french brie..... hehe!

gungun
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-25-01, 16:56

Stats: 191/173/150
BF:
Progress: 44%

I have been on Atkins on and off for the last few months and I think i've stuffed up my metabolism. In the past when I've gone into induction I've lost up to 6kg (13lb) in the 2 weeks and that was when I was eating apples! I've been on Induction now for a week and am eating NO vegetable or fruit at all. I'm definately in ketosis and have lost no weight. Any suggestions?