Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 10:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Talking Slim n' Firm

Well it is time for me to start keeping a log of what I am doing...or not doing.

Just for a little history...

I was quite active as a child growing up, never really much into sports as far as playing on teams, but several different styles of dance, golf, tennis, gymnastics, and all sorts of other classes. I tried a lot of different things.

I got to be quite lazy in high school...I guess that was my social life taking over. After high school I got to be moderately active, and enjoyed going to the gym and taking fitness classes on a regular basis, but then got bored with my routine and dropped it.

At university I did a lot of walking with a 35lb pack of books on my back and that helped to keep me in shape until...I bought a car. It all went downhill from there. I gained about 40lbs as my metabolism caught up with me and the lack of exercise took its toll.

In March I decided to get things under control and to do something about it...partly because I didn't feel good about myself, and partly because I'm still a student and I can't afford a new wardrobe.

I happened on this website around then and thought it was great. It has been a great inspiration and source of support for my new WOL. I have done wonders in such a short period of time...although I probably would have done much better except for a few little setbacks here and there, but overall I'm pretty proud of what I have achieved so far, and I guess I have the rest of my life to finish working on perfection!

I gave my car to my parents to use back at the end of June and have been walking 5 days a week ever since (to school and back). Since March I have trimmed 8" off the circumference of my pants. I hold up my old pants that were snug and hold up the ones I wear now to see the difference, and I can hardly believe it.

I was out in July and August in a swimsuit (which I didn't think would happen this summer) AND there were other people there!! I am most proud of that achievement. I wasn't in the best shape of the bunch, but definitely not in the worst shape.

I have to admit that I have been really lazy since my summer courses ended almost 2 weeks ago. Although it has been too hot to do any form of exercise outside with record breaking temperatures some days, I didn't even go for a walk after dark. After a week of visiting the folks with giant meals and driving everywhere I needed to go, I am paying for it.

I am planning to do BFL starting September 2, so I figured that the best way for me to stick to it is to start a gym log and to get used to posting everyday. I am really looking forward to the cardio portion as I would like to increase my endurance in that area. I am very fortunate in the fact that my body type allows me to see sculpture and definition after a very short period of time, so the resistance portion should be quite gratifying as well.

I really want to start running again, as I really let that go by the wayside this summer, and I think that maybe after building up some endurance from the 20 minute cardio sessions that after BFL I may even look into training for a half marathon. One step at a time is probably my best bet for now.

So that is a brief summary of my history. Now that I have that out of my system and my fingers are well worked out, maybe I'll get off my rear and go get some exercise!!

KC
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 22:16

BF:

Well, the BFL didn't start on Sep 2, but my muscles are going to be equally as sore once I have finished moving...ah yes...September...new school year...new apartment. I have moved 16 times in the last 10 years, and it is starting to become old hat to me. I don't even know why I bother to accumulate new things anymore considering that I know that sometime down the road I will have to move it all again.

I have moved to a new place, nicer than the one I just left, but no closer to school, so I still have about a 25 minute walk to class everyday. All the walking will be starting again on Thursday, so I will definitely have something to fill in here 5 days a week then.

I am very mentally prepared to start BFL next week. By then I will be all settled into my new apartment and into my new schedule. I think that it will be the best time to start fresh, when everything else is fresh to me too!

I'm psyched!!

Happy LCing everyone!!

KC
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 05:53

BF:

Whoa momma!! I guess it didn't take my body long to fall out of shape!! Just walking to school and back yesterday made me "aware" of my butt today. My muscles aren't sore, but they definitely know that vacation is over!!

I am officially registered in all my courses which is going to involve approximately 55 minutes of walking 2 days a week and approximately 80 minutes of walking 3 days a week. That is if I am going at a good clip. I'm ok with all of this until the rainy season hits and then I'll be regretting it. Well, maybe by then I'll see some great definition in what have been reverting back to jiggly sedentary masses hanging from my body...none other than my legs.

I will be officially moving the last of my things this weekend, so it will be great to be settled again. Living out of boxes is no fun.

Well that's all to report for now. I have to go up to the school today to do some book shopping...that ought to be fun. The books for one class alone are over $240. The cost of textbooks are criminal. There is no reason that a book and inch thick need cost over $150. Grrrr...no wonder my student loan is so huge.

Ok, with that out of my system I'm off...

KC
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 21:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 180/173/145
BF:
Progress: 20%
Wink Congrats on starting your Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by my gym log! And congrats on starting your BFL. It's really working for me, and I'm sure you're going to get great results. I've lost 7 inches in 4 weeks...2 1/2 from my waist alone!

Keep me posted on how you're doing, and we'll be in those bikinis in NO TIME!

Rock on, girl!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 21:58

BF:

Thanks for popping by Hula!

I have so many new posts to catch up on that I almost totally forgot to post my first bfl workout here!

Well all went well this morning, and I am psyched for my first cardio session tomorrow am.

I walked to school today. It was one of the long days with the extra 1/2 hour of walking....whew! It was muggy! I must have sweat buckets.

It's supposed to be really muggy again tomorrow and 30 degrees (Celcius). Just when I was getting ready to pack away my shorts!!

I forgot to take my measurements before I started this morning, so I will do that as soon as I get up.

I'll keep you posted!!

KC
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 11:05

BF:

I made it through day 2...only 70 more workouts to go...that really doesn't sound all that bad, does it?

As of this morning:

Weight: 147
Waist: 30.5
Bust: 37
Hips: 41 (curse them...I'll get them tomorrow! )
LThigh: 23
RThigh: 23
LArm: 12
RArm: 12
LCalf: 16
RCalf: 16
LForearm: 10
RForearm: 10

I used the stairmaster for my workout today, but I think I would rather try running next time. I just wasn't going running in 30 degree (Celcius) muggy weather.

More tomorrow....

KC
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 23:04

BF:

Well, I made it to school and back despite the rain and mugginess. And I managed day 3 of BFL. I'm pumped now!!

I feel like things are really going to start moving for me again, both in weight and in inches. I am staying away from the scales for a few days though.

Well, that's it, I'm hitting the hay.

Til tomorrow.....

KC
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 13:56

BF:

Wow! Have I ever neglected my gym log.

Well, to sum up...

BFL is out the window once again. I really just don't think that it is the program for me...although the results others have gotten are fabulous.

I walk to school and back just about 5 days a week (if the weather is bad, I will catch a bus...I'm not crazy )

I haven't been really faithful in getting to the gym. I average about 2-3 times a week for a good aerobic session, but really need to incorporate some weights into my regimen...note to self...

I never seem to go running anymore, but it's almost as if I feel that I already do enough exercise? I really want to start training for a big event, and I will need to get back to running....another note to self...

That's all folks....

KC
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-07, 13:21

BF:
Default here muscle, muscle, muscle....

where has the time gone???

looks like i'll be posting here too. as i mentioned in my journal, i am currently 5 months pregnant, so my weight won't reflect my results but my camera certainly doesn't lie, and neither do my pants!! whoever designed maternity pants was never a pregnant woman!

i am still running a bit, although we'll take this a week at a time at this point. i do aerobics, walk with the kids, and go to the gym as well, but i am trying to get a new schedule in order so that this can be on a more regular and regulated basis.

i probably won't be posting here again until monday (weather permitting) because we are expecting 6-9 inches of snow starting tonight.

ciao for now!
kc
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 06:36

BF:

crap! i guess i just deleted what i had written for the week.

moving on...

this is my workout schedule for last week. probably posting once a week is more realistic than every day. i just don't have that kind of time most days.

monday: aerobics
tuesday: gym & aerobics
wednesday: aerobics
thursday: gym & aerobics
friday: walk with kids in stroller
saturday: off
sunday: light jog

ttfn,
kerry