Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#721   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-05, 08:22
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

steel toed boots..... do your toes ever sweat?

do you ever lose any of your tools?
Sponsored Links
  #722   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-05, 00:38
~strange as angels~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/249/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:51%/49%/30%
Progress: 7%

PilotGal, I'm also a homeschooling parent. My daughter has never attended an actual school in her life.

What curriculum are you going with?
  #723   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 11:02
Registered Member

In the state of Florida, there is no set ciriculum.
What I'd like to do is get him educated beyond middle school, play with some high school courses, and then when high school rolls around, I intend to slilde him in.. My goal is to get him away from the school bullies, and the inept public school system here in FL.

He wants to go to high school with others.. I'm not against it, but I want him to be able to defend himself, and not be killed or maimed by these kids that have nothing else better to do than to pick on children smaller than them.

Our public school system here in FL is pitiful. Just plain pitiful, I'm ashamed to say.

On a lighter note, I hope everyone has a great Pride month!
  #724   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-05, 09:00

Stats: 263/223/175 Female 66 inches
BF:have/no/clue
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
I have a good friend that works for FedEx in Tampa.. You have NOOOOO idea how often she gets hit on.. funny thing.. she says, when she's outta uniform, she doesn't get hit on as frequently! haahahahahaahahahaa!

OMG this totally reminds me of when I was working on a Saturday ( not very common for me) and I was walking through the front hall at work and a UPS woman came in--had on the shorts etc. Medium brown hair, great tanned legs, cute face. I dang near fell over in front of her. I tried to get my schedule at work changed so I had to work Saturdays ( figured that was easier than following the ups truck around town ) but no luck LOL
  #725   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 17:44
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse
had on the shorts etc. Medium brown hair, great tanned legs, cute face. I dang near fell over in front of her.

Sounds like my friend, Liz. She's a tomboy type, very tan, short dark blonde hair, and laughing green eyes. She gets hit on constantly, while in uniform.
She's a real cutie!
  #726   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-05, 21:34

Stats: 263/223/175 Female 66 inches
BF:have/no/clue
Progress: 45%

ummm---so when can I get her to deliver me a package? hehehe
  #727   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-05, 10:23

Plan: LC
Stats: 266/224/185 Male 72 in
BF:?%/30%/15%
Progress: 52%

Hi guys, I've been absent for a loooong time, but I'm back. Got very discouraged on LC before, but my Type 2 diabetes has been out of control, so doc wants me on LC/LF diet. I have the South Beach book, but it just doesn't seem right for me. I need some carbs to help my insulin resistance (from what I've been reading LC does regulate blood sugar levels, but doesn't help heal insulin resistance) so I'm thinking low GI carbs and moderately low fat. So this leads me to two questions:
1. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions for a permanent WOE that isn't as likely to leave me burned out after a few months?
2. Any guys out there who would like to buddy with me? Hubby needs to lose weight, but has no weight-related health issues, so while supportive of my efforts, isn't very interested in LC and/or LF. I really need a buddy that understands what I'm dealing with (on multiple levels).

It feels good to be back with family...
  #728   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 10:08
Registered Member

Hey there MsDad, LTNS!!!!

I can't offer any information, as my body has stopped working on the LC WOL. My partner is designing a plan for me so that my metabolism will kick start from years of yo yo dieting.

Look at the different programs and start walking.

Good to see your avatar around!

Lynne
  #729   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 22:48

Hi Lynne!

I'm glad you're still hanging around! Sorry to hear LC quit working for you. But at least you've got someone trying to help. Lucky grrl! But actually you and I are in the same boat. I never really lost weight LCing, only 3 lbs in 4 months! But I did lose 1 1/2 pants sizes. And as long as I cardio'd my a$$ off 4 or 5 times a week, my BGLs were occasionally respectable. But it just wasn't consistent. So now I'm in the "let's start out at induction level and tweak it" phase. I'm going to try adding in small amounts of low GI carbs while adjusting my fat intake downward and trying to use more good fats. Plus I do still need to lose about 35-40 lbs. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention in my previous post--my Dr also put me on insulin. So that was just another smack upside the head...

Anyway, I've decided to start a journal...probably tonight (well, this morning actually - it's almost 1 am and as usual I can't get to sleep).
  #730   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-05, 17:32
Registered Member

Is anyone watching that new sitcom called, "Starved?" I never laughed so hard as I did lastnight. Wow! They don't stop at anything, no holds barred!

I was trying to fit my foods into Fitday today, and just sat there shaking my head. My son looks at me and says, "what?" I said, there's no way I can put my foods into fitday, they're all from scratch... He said, then why don't we eat normal food like everyone else..

Do other's eat prepared foods?
Do any of you make foods from scratch?

I made my creamed spinach from scratch, I made my vietnamese soup from scratch... Fitday is impossible for me.

Do any of you have any of these problems?
Or is it easier to go out to eat everyday?
  #731   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-05, 20:43

Yeah, I've tried FitDay...it pretty much sucks. I do a lot more stuff from scratch now too and it's almost impossible to figure it out. It's even hard to find normal, everyday foods without either searching through page after page or knowing exactly how to word what you're looking for. Prime example - just for a scrambled egg, the only way to find it on the first attempt would be to enter "egg, whole, cooked, scrambled." It's a pain in the a$$!
  #732   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-05, 06:19

Default I hear crickets chirping...

Hey, where is everybody??
  #733   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 07:19

Helloooo??? Am I the only one left here? Did Exodus International get you all??
  #734   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 05:31
Registered Member

Gooooooooood morning! I had posted in your journal awhile ago.

No one seems to be working this thread, Ms. Dad.
  #735   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 234/195/155 Female 65 inches
BF:42%/32%/20%
Progress: 49%

I check this thread every now and then, but the conversation seems to have dropped off. For what its worth...so glad its wednesday!! This week seems to be dragging by. On the up side my afternoon fatigue seems to be getting less. I started working out again but its now an a.m. workout program and getting up early was just kicking my ass. By afternoon I was ready to snooze in my shoes. Not so bad any more.

anyway...have a good day everyone.