Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-01, 10:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 152/140/115
BF:
Progress:
Default am i eating enough?

I have been lc for 5 days and have been in ketosis since noon on the first day. I have been doing good and not cheating, but because you don't have very many cravings after the initial couple of days I haven't been eating very much. How much should I be eating? I usually eat 2 eggs and 2 or 3 pieces of bacon for breakfast. Then 2 lettuce wraps with bacon, turkey, salami for lunch. Then a meat with a salad for dinner. That's it, I haven't been wanting more than that. When I did LC for a couple of weeks a while ago I starting loosing more when I started eating more....just wondering. Also, is it possible to drink too much water? My med school friends say yes, I drank so much one day that literally my kidneys were hurting. Just wondering...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-01, 12:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi Babydoc,

Welcome back, congrats on getting back to LC after stopping for a little while. I've got more ??'s than answers

Which plan are you following? The food you are eating looks good, you just might need a small salad or raw veggies ~ lunch. Have you been keeping track of your carbs? Atkins is the strictest LC plan & he recommends 20 carbs during induction. Have you been getting your 20 carbs, if not, better add some veg/salad. Others on this board have advised in the past that eating too little can prevent weight loss becoz the body's survival mechanism kicks in and slows the metabolism. It thinks it is starving, imagine that! So sometimes eating more will cause lbs to disappear.

You are in ketosis, are you losing weight? or do you just want to lose faster? Again, others have said this b4 me, you didn't gain the extra weight in just a few months, it probably took a long time, so don't be in a rush to take it off. Many people here (including me) are chosing LC as a WOL, not a diet that we will one day go off. This takes the pressure off to lose excess lbs fast. Because you recently lost weight LCing, it may be unrealistic to expect the same results, your body has already made adjustments.

IMHO, I didn't think a person could drink too much water However, I'm no expert on this
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-01, 13:13
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi bd,

If you can figure out the calories you're eating for a day, you should be eating 10-12 times your current weight daily. If you find it hard to eat that amount of calories, you can supplement with extra-virgin olive oil or flax seed oil on your salads. You can even just swig it.

As you know, drinking water is part of theis WOE, but you shouldn't drink so much that your kidneys hurt! Here's a link to info about water...

http://www.angelfire.com./ca2/Lowca...ream/water.html

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-01, 16:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi babydoc and welcome! why don't you log on to www.fitday.com. enter what you eat in there and it will give you your daily totals. it breaks everything down for you! make sure that you're eating enough calories and carbs!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-01, 15:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 152/140/115
BF:
Progress:
Cool thanks for all the info!

Thanks you guys for all the good information. I am going to visit the websites and see what they say. I am still doing good, even though my boyfriend practically forced me to eat a 33 gram bun with Italian beef he had made. We are still at odds about what he thinks about the diet. He is still of the mantra of the low fat people, he just wants me to run a mile and eat "healthy" and he thinks I will loose weight. I tried to tell him I have been doing that for my whole life and I loose a couple of pounds and am irritated all the time. He just doesn't understand.