Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-21, 04:43

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Hi Rob,

Top lesson, eat more fish. Wild caught sockeye salmon leads the nutrient score for me. Ancillary lesson, how to bake half a Costco bag of salmon filets at once and reduce odor. You can never have enough salmon in cans too.

I do well with fish, too. For salmon, I love it as a seafood salad. Primal kitchen has great mayo and other salad dressings work well, too, like creamy caesar. I add anchovies in olive oil and it's a great change of pace.

I also recommend canned mackerel. Good taste, low price, and I get it in bulk online.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-21, 07:43

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Mackerel!! Marty would love you. The first recipe in Marty's free recipe book is an NO superstar, featuring Mackerel and Oysters.

https://optimisingnutrition.com

Quote:
Spinach, capsicum, oysters, egg white & mackerel
This breakfast bowl recipe has been developed after multiple iterations to maximise nutrient density per calorie. It ranks very well in terms of nutrient density and satiety.
While it doesn’t look great, it tastes fine and makes for an easy nutrient-dense way to start the day.
The spinach provides heaps of magnesium and potassium, oysters provide copper, the nutritional yeast provides a hit of B vitamins and a cheesy flavour.
The egg white and mackerel provide protein and the sea salt provides a range of minerals. The capsicum (bell peppers) provides a boost of Vitamin C to round out the nutrient profile.
  #183   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-21, 06:52

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

There are two threads for Marty Kendall's programs, one in the Semi-Low Carb sub-forum for the Data-Driven Fasting program and challenges, https://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138 , also with a thread for Dr. Ted Naiman's P:E Diet.

This thread in the Diabetes forum, started in May 2016, is more about Optimizing Nutrition (what to eat) rather than DDF (when to eat). The third and last NO Masterclass for 2021 is starting this Saturday if anyone would like to learn more about the micronutrients in their foods. In addition to increasing protein percentage, it analyses 40+ essential micronutrients, which also increase "Satiety per Calorie." I have done both programs this past year and am now at a low weight not seen since the early 1980s. I still restrict empty carbs but have increased nutrient dense carbs, mainly through more vegetables and low fat dairy. Post#295 in DDF.

https://app.optimisingnutrition.com/masterclass