Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-19, 22:28

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
dr davis, interview with ivor c.

Maybe Bread and milk both/together?
Didn't the commercials on TV both hit about the same time. Large scale campaigns to convince us we need both!
Then came boxed cereal. The TV was telling you that if you didn't have milk, bread and cereal in your kitchen, you were going to be unhealthy without it! Everything "fortified" if you think about it.
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-19, 23:00

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I only wish I had figured this out BEFORE having kids, sigh. All this crappy food is creating unnecessary cavities and crooked teeth. Think of all the money families could save avoiding braces.

I think of when I shared this book with my nephew in law who is a kind, thoughtful person. He didnt read the book. He did open it and leave it opened, and unread. Sigh. He is a young dentist that could change the smiles of so many.
  #273   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-19, 23:21

BF:

Can I tell you how many 20-30 year olds won't eat or cook any chicken with bones or skin? God, when I was early 20s, I was cutting up whole chicken by myself with no direction.
  #274   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-19, 06:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Can I tell you how many 20-30 year olds won't eat or cook any chicken with bones or skin? God, when I was early 20s, I was cutting up whole chicken by myself with no direction.

I have met one of those!! geez, I thought she was an anomoly.

Made chicken soup two days ago fora sick child, and family expects bones in the soup. I dont bother removing them.
  #275   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-19, 10:39

Plan: LC gut healing
Stats: 302/285/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Irrelevant
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
MI Paste Plus

Thank you!
  #276   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-19, 12:37

BF:

Welcome!!!

sorry im late with the info.

Instructions from hygenist, dab small amount on target area of a tooth.
  #277   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-19, 12:48

BF:

Bones in the soup add so much good nutrition with the marrow and the collagen from the joints and ligaments! I tried to tell someone that recently but they were stuck on boneless skinless breasts.
  #278   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-19, 13:38

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Bones in the soup add so much good nutrition with the marrow and the collagen from the joints and ligaments! I tried to tell someone that recently but they were stuck on boneless skinless breasts.

I sometimes wonder if the avoidance of bony cuts of meat might in some way be related to never having learned how to properly manage a knife and fork. A generation raised on chicken nuggets & tater tots might not have acquired the motor skills necessary to be comfortable with the knife/fork, right hand/left hand co-ordination
  #279   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-19, 13:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbena
I sometimes wonder if the avoidance of bony cuts of meat might in some way be related to never having learned how to properly manage a knife and fork. A generation raised on chicken nuggets & tater tots might not have acquired the motor skills necessary to be comfortable with the knife/fork, right hand/left hand co-ordination

I think you might be on to something and I too have wondered the same thing myself. My 11 year old grandson loves steak and one day when I had him over I realized he had not been taught how to use a knife and fork so I showed him how to hold the fork to keep the steak held secure then move the knife back and forth to cut the meat. Before that he was moving the knife and fork at the same time with nothing being cut. How many kids are like this these days?
  #280   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-19, 15:35

BF:

Quote:

Fortuneately I learned to cook a bit from my mom, who had gecome an adventurous cook and left chef boy r dee behind. We became her gibea pigs testing new recipes.

The chicken breast was a good first step.

I used to think buying 100% meat, no bone, was tge best use of my grocery money. Then I learned the power of bone broth. And learned how to use everything but the squeal.

I save the chicken feet, but usually cave and toss to dogs. Those are the last to clean, and honestly, we are too tired by that point to properly clean. Just bag and toss in freezer. They do make GREAT collagen soup.

Any one without cooking skills needs a guiding hand. Cook books are a foreign language...... new cooks need interpretors.
  #281   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-19, 15:41

BF:

[QUOTE=Meme#1. Before that he was moving the knife and fork at the same time with nothing being cut. How many kids are like this these days?[/QUOTE]

Too many.

The benefit of big family holiday dinners is where my kids learned most of their skills. And when my brother would take us out to dinner.

There is so much to teach children.......to be come the best they can be.
  #282   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-19, 09:50

BF:

There is another thing at play, many families aren't eating together nightly at a dinner table. Kids take their plate of food to another place and eat alone either watching TV or playing video games.
That's one thing I did do was to require them all to sit together at the table nightly and that really does a lot of good in so many ways.
  #283   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-19, 10:24

BF:

My teens are every which direction, and DH is home moments at a time.... there is no family time at a table but we still eat good quality food, and my kids are learning to cook. To shop for food, to garden.....etc.

I tried setting a meal time....didnt work.
  #284   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-19, 11:08

BF:

It promotes conversation and human interaction especially these days with the phones and games. They talk a lot more freely during that time and you learn what went on with their day...the little things you wouldn't hear otherwise.
It works better than asking, how was your day...pat answer=FINE
  #285   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-19, 13:02

BF:

lol. The benefit of driving them around,too, is lots falls out of their mouths.

That,s how I learned of my youngest getting slapoed by a much older student on the bus. And this was the second time.